Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you ever buy another blizzard game?

Comments

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by stratasaurus

At this point no I will never buy another Blizzard product they are dead to me I do not like the direction the company is going.  But to say you will never buy a game from a company is kind of closed minded.  Blizzard could get new management or current management could pull their heads out of their asses and put out something worth buying but I'm not holding my breathe.  This goes for Activision as well, I'm sick of them getting away with getting people to pay 60 dollars more then once a year for the same Call of Duty game.  They have not updated the engine and the graphics are pretty much all the same since the move from MW1 to MW2.

This is somewhat true, but I think the concept of them winning me over is more far fetched than them turning things around.  I mean, they would have to do some drastic things before I would even consider looking at them:

#1 Split from Activision and keep Kotick away from their company.

#2 Apologize for everything they did under Activision, publically and uncategorically.

#3 Re-hire and Re-open Blizzard North.

#4 Release All 3 Starcraft games as one, for $40 combined

and

#5 Get rid of all the unethical business models.  This includes RMT auctions, cash shops, splitting games up into pieces, DRM for ARPGs, etc...

So, is this impossible?  No, but possibility is a strange thing.  The moon could fall out of the sky tomorrow. 

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• RakujiRakuji Member UncommonPosts: 144

will i buy another Blizzard MMORPG? - No cause they ruined WoW with BC expansion

will i buy another Blizzard RTS? Ya

will i buy D3? No cause of D2 and all its merry hackers.

Kick to the Face.

• GeschaeferGeschaefer Member Posts: 117

Blizz games are just too childish and simple these days.

After this D3 bomb; im not going to shell out any more pre-ourchase or launch cash to them.

Im going to wait and test the game on friends accounts before I buy.

Theyve made a skeptic out of me.

G.E.Schaefer
    Played: EQ1. EQ2. FFXI. SWG. Aion. WAR. LOTRO. TabulaRasa. Hellgate London. Diablo 1. Diablo II. Diablo 3. STO. WOW. Vanguard. Guild Wars. Rift. Terra. The Secret World. EVE. Guild Wars 2. Firefall. Neverwinter.

• The real question should be will you ever blindly buy another Blizzard game which I will not. I will however wait a month or 2 and see what the forums are saying about the game. If it seems to have good gameplay and the forums are discussing minor things about balance then sure I would purchase. If they look like the Diablo3 ones where people are literally forced to stop playing a character because they can't afford to repair then no I wouldn't. Diablo 3 made me lose a lot of faith in the company and I would never purchase a game from them again on faith. I look at Blizzcon announcements and interviews showing the game to what we got on release and I go wow this game could have been good but instead we got this pile of shit. Unfortunate, but hey companies falter and die some times.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507

If they can create a new title and not borrow heavily from what they learned from WOW, sure, I'll consider it.

But I don't see it happening.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

I will purchase another Blizzard game as I tend to get my monies worth out of their games. D3 was by far the worst experience I have had with a Blizzard game, which really isn't a bad track record, of course I didn't pay additionally for the game since I am an annual pass WoW player (still having fun with my group of friends who still play), so I am literally out nothing. Of course, I don't just buy games blindly either. MoP expansion beta has been quite a bit of fun, so I'll be purchasing that.

Whether I purchase Titan or not is another story, since we don't even really know anything about the game.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

I doubt I'll buy another Blizzard game.  I don't like the direction they've been taking creatively, nor with their business practices.  Buying their products, regardless of quality, supports those decisions, which just tells them I'm OK with their antics and I'd accept seeing more of it.  Well, I'm not and I won't.

• ThemePorkThemePork Member Posts: 312

No, never again. Blizzard stopped being any good when they merged with Activision, now they're no better than EA, just a sorry bunch of money grubbers. I stopped at WotLK and will most probably never buy another one of their titles.

Yeah SC2 is good but only because it's a clone of SC with updated graphics.

D3 I don't even wanna know. They lost me with their RMAH.

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by Souldrainer
    Originally posted by Zorgo
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

So the game isn't a pvp game - it is a pve game that will one day have a pvp side feature.

So your protest actually is:

'It isn't a B2W, and it never will be for PVE, but someday, they'll add PVP and so one day it will have a side pvp game which will be b2w, which you don't have to participate in. And that is evil.'

That doesn't sound as dramatic somehow.

Or maybe you can explain why you HAVE to participate in the future pvp?

What other endgame will D3 have?

Umm.....what endgame is it suppose to have? It isn't an mmo......it's a finite rpg ..... with an end. It's like saying....skyrim has no end game....or there is no end game to kotor.....or D2 and D1 for goodness sakes.

Their story finishes. The game is suppose to be over. It isn't an mmo with an obligation in its definition to have a never ending content additions.

PVP is not the point of this game. It is a side feature. You can choose to participate in it or not.

If you deem it unfair or a scam, then complete the game on nightmare mode with all the classes then congradulate yourself, you won D3. It's over now.

• tollboothtollbooth Member CommonPosts: 298

only blizzard games i've ever played are D1,D2 and Warcraft 2.  Those were pretty good.  I don't play their games because of the art style mostly.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

So the game isn't a pvp game - it is a pve game that will one day have a pvp side feature.

So your protest actually is:

'It isn't a B2W, and it never will be for PVE, but someday, they'll add PVP and so one day it will have a side pvp game which will be b2w, which you don't have to participate in. And that is evil.'

That doesn't sound as dramatic somehow.

Or maybe you can explain why you HAVE to participate in the future pvp?

What other endgame will D3 have?

Umm.....what endgame is it suppose to have? It isn't an mmo......it's a finite rpg ..... with an end. It's like saying....skyrim has no end game....or there is no end game to kotor.....or D2 and D1 for goodness sakes.

Their story finishes. The game is suppose to be over. It isn't an mmo with an obligation in its definition to have a never ending content additions.

PVP is not the point of this game. It is a side feature. You can choose to participate in it or not.

If you deem it unfair or a scam, then complete the game on nightmare mode with all the classes then congradulate yourself, you won D3. It's over now.

See.. this is why I am saying you need to look at the futuer and the big picture. If PVP is the only endgame D3 will have, and the person who has the best gear will do the best in PVP, and the best gear will be bought through the RMT AH, then the RMT is the endgame... hence, buy 2 win.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

It's not fair to say Skyrim has no endgame. Regardless of whether you've completed 100% of the quests or not, it doesn't end. Thusly, it's endgame is "mindlessly piddling about". Like GTA4 endgame.

Fallout 3 had no endgame, until they patched in the ability to continue playing after the end credits... so, now it does.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

I will buy nothing from Blizzard or Activision either for that matter.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035
    Originally posted by TheCrow2k

I will buy nothing from Blizzard or Activision either for that matter.

I know it's WAAAAAAY too much to ask for... but people should start buying their smaller, more experiemental games en masse, and completely snub the next "shiny bright ultimate shooter invasion part troix".

If they stop making shitloads of unfounded income on their established (and OVERUSED) IPs, and see a bigger surge in smaller ones that end up having developers bought and sold like cattle, then they might gravitate to acting more human, and less 'evil overlord'.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

If its a good game sure why not? I have to admit while i no longer play Starcraft or  Wow I have always gotten my monies worth from blizzard games. Even D3  which has its pitfalls has had me playing for well over 40 hours so that less then $2 a hour. Try going to see a movie/eat out/bowl/go to a concert/anything on that.

• TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498

I have no clue, I like to play good games but at some point it's too not worth it. D3's always online motto is more then screwball and since I live in a place that could lose power for days because of natural disaster... I'm not a fan of their tactics is all. If the trend is more battle.net with no offline mode then no D3 would be my last mistake.

Unless it's an MMO, then obviously being online is a must. I could confidently say I'll never buy a call of duty game, how's that?

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    Probably, yeah.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780

Yes, I'll be buying Mists of Pandaria. Why do you ask?

• stoolstool Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Hell maybe!
  • SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

Can't really properly vote.. I mean, if they stop sucking sure i will.

The chance of buying a game launch day though, absolutely no chance, I'll wait a month to see the whining and see if theres any legitimate complaints.

• GrrlGrrl Member UncommonPosts: 354

Voted yes. Most definitely. 

• SilverbranchSilverbranch Member UncommonPosts: 195

The Poll choices are a bit off.  Instead of a No, and perhapds a "Probably No, but depends", all you've got is "Yes" and "Absolutely Not" for the negative.

Bilzzard has some top notch creative talent in artwork and such, no doubt.  But their business / gaming designers have established for themselves a method that revolves around grind-hooking subscribers coupled with accepted manipulation of their playerbase through excessive class changes.

This is INTENTIONAL and planned "forcing" of class and spec changes per a dev and/or testing need bias on Blizzards part.  Admitted to at one point by Ghostcrawler when the Hunter fiasco occurred, the transmorgrification of the Survival spec to the new Nuker Spec (ummm . . . Marks?) coupled with a trashing of Beast Mastery to a silly degree.  All to "force" players into the new Nuker spec.

Not for game play reasons.  Hunters weren't complaining.  Hunters were in end-game instances working to beat bosses with their guilds, etc.  But because a Blizz dev/lead had come into work, looked at a spread sheet, said "Gee, there are too many people playing Beast, not enough Survival, so, lets make that different".

Except that isn't a game-play issue.  That's something that suggests, to a dev from their end, maybe there's an opportunity to spiff up one SPEC so players might make a CHOICE to that spec more often.  But it's not a game-play problem in-game.  And the "fix" was to force a change to something no longer the Survival spec anyway, so what was the point even assuming you agreed to the (flawed and immature) mindset.

In the end (for me) my ability to part with subscription dollars is severely impacted with a Blizzard product because of a basic trust issue that drives deeper than "Mega-attack buttonz 12 was added this patch!".  Patches come, patches go, stuff gets adjusted, buffed, or nerfed.  Of course, and experienced in every game I've been in.

Unfortunately, Blizzard has taken that to whole new levels, has for some time, operating on (to much) a principle of the player's TIME is expendable.  They are complacent and used to a big money stream, and it's fostered the wrong baseline priorities for development by them . . . while packaged in the camoflage of great fluff and admitedly good infrastructure and player services (e.g. e-mail, little or no lag even in larger groups, auction house, travel).

And Titan?  They'll be reusing available lore.  So I'm unsure I want to adventure / fight back in Sargeras' time (pre going nuts I guess) as various races of demons are dealt with and banished, etc.

Might be worth a look . . . if it wasn't for the development/business model running things underneath.

Wherever you go, there you are.

• xaritscinxaritscin Member UncommonPosts: 350

i only know Blizzard's products from Warcraft III and the first Starcraft games, also have played WoW, so i dont know much of how good or bad are their games, the only thing i can say is that i have never seen the interesnt in Diablo games, but the IP as a whole is nice. i'll be waiting for mists of pandaria and Titan, hope to see how interesting they are.....

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Never say never.

• UOvetUOvet Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by xaritscin

i only know Blizzard's products from Warcraft III and the first Starcraft games, also have played WoW, so i dont know much of how good or bad are their games, the only thing i can say is that i have never seen the interesnt in Diablo games, but the IP as a whole is nice. i'll be waiting for mists of pandaria and Titan, hope to see how interesting they are.....

If lobby based games is your thing Titan will be for you.

Blizzard is awful...they really are. Took them 20 years for Starcraft II and it looks like it just had updated graphics. Took them another 20 for D3, same shit. Updated graphics, less depth (shocker). Titan? Rumor has it it will be some craptastic lobby/instance type garbage.

Maybe if they made another Warcraft RTS because atleast back then they weren't shitty. No matter what you think of Rift I think Trion is a company to really keep your eyes on. Atleast they are trying different things with all their games.

Rift, End of Nations, Defiance - all different - just wish Defiance had PvP.