Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cryptic now sells freeform character slots

QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

So you want to play a proper freeform character rather than a gimpy archetype, but don't want to subscribe?  Well, Cryptic has just the thing for you:  freeform character slots.  People asked for them endlessly, and now they're here.

$50 each.

No, I'm not joking.  I expect the people who wanted them to immediately start whining because they wanted them for $1 each or so.  But as I've said many times, it's a subscription game with a generous free trial.

Comments

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049
    Originally posted by Quizzical

So you want to play a proper freeform character rather than a gimpy archetype, but don't want to subscribe?  Well, Cryptic has just the thing for you:  freeform character slots.  People asked for them endlessly, and now they're here.

$50 each.

No, I'm not joking.  I expect the people who wanted them to immediately start whining because they wanted them for $1 each or so.  But as I've said many times, it's a subscription game with a generous free trial.

Wow, that is quite a chunk of change.  I could see maybe half that, but I understand why they made it so high as well.  If they made it for say 25$ they would probably lose a large chunk of their subs who only have subs to have the free-form characters.

Edit:  Didn't they put in a system where you could get cash shop currency from an in-game currency?  Maybe that would make it a bit cheaper.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

With luck it will stay in the cash shop long enough for me to watch movies and fill out enough surveys to earn enough zen to buy it.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?