Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you ever buy another blizzard game?

Comments

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812

No

Asbo

• ButtskiButtski Member UncommonPosts: 187

only the rts games from blizz are good, rest is trash imho.

so, yes, i will buy rts games from them.

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661

Waiting 4 Titan tbh. Still fighting with me that they have fuck'ed up D3 so much :(

• ThaneUlfgarThaneUlfgar Member Posts: 283
    Originally posted by Loke666

You know, many of the answers here kinda makes it sounds like the Blizzard stamp is more important than quality???

I understand the opinion "I know this company usually makes good games so I will keep my eyes open on the games they make and buy anything that looks good". But I buy whatever they make no matter how good or bad it seems sounds more like a cult.

Large companies like Blizzard changes fast with time and few employees since Starcraft still works there (and Diablo 1 & 2 were actually made by Blizzard North which doesn't exist anymore and while D1s lead designer were moved to Blizzard he have since founded both ANEt and Undead labs).

Blizzard have indeed still made som good game, I don't argue with that (I liked WC3 as example) but buying anything they make whatever?

I do keep my eyes out for certain devs games a bit extra but I check up all games before I get anything and all games I buy are on their own merit. In other words: I stopped buying junk games.

I can't speak for everyone else, but for me, I've enjoyed the Warcraft series and the Diablo series for years. So, while I don't run out and buy Blizzard games right away without looking into them first, their track record makes me more inclined to give their games a shot.

It's the same with Elder Scrolls. I've been a huge fan of every game but Oblivion, but I still gave Skyrim a shot and liked it.

For me, it's not OMG BLIZZ GAEM MUST HAV IT, but more along the lines of they have a solid track record in my eyes, so even if I don't buy one of their new games right away, I'll probably give said new game a shot eventually, especailly if nothing else out there is catching my eyes at the time.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

They don't seem to do games with design I like anymore, so me finding game from Blizzard I would like seem very unpredictiable. So propably I won't buy any.

Also things like RMAH disqualify game for me so...

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,789

The question should (more accurately) be "Will you ever buy another Activision Blizzard game?"  Activision is Blizzard an Blizzard is Activision....one in the same.

Now, to the question as re-written, no I would not because I do not like the way Activision Blizzard are being run. The CEO of the company has only the interest of making money and not of making unique OR quality games. I am not against making money but I am against making money without regard to quality of product. Same goes for companies like EA, THQ, Take2 and so on. If they produce poor quality games, they are less likely to get my business. If more gamers thought that way, quality and good games would become the concern and not JUST making money.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG
    Originally posted by Souldrainer

Not in a million years.   I still have Facebook friends who say Diablo 3 is not buy-to-win though, so I guess opinions vary.  It only takes one b2w game for a company to be a total failture IMO though, and D3 is that game and more. 

Diablo 3 "Buy-to-win"??

Against who? What for? Win what?

It is not Battlefield 3. It is not League of Legends. It is not a pvp game, you are NOT required to compete against anyone or get left behind or get ganked and laugh at.

Therefore I find your notion of Diablo 3 as "Buy-to-win" as being quite funny and lacking logic.

Diablo 3 is nothing more than a single player time grinder game with an engine that can allow you to play with other people easier. You can grind just fine with whatever you looted/crafted by yourself.

Umm... you obviously are not considering the future ramifications of anything happening here, are you?  PVP will launch, and guess what?  If you don't buy up, you won't be on  a winning team.  It's so obvious.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

Not in a million years.   I still have Facebook friends who say Diablo 3 is not buy-to-win though, so I guess opinions vary.  It only takes one b2w game for a company to be a total failture IMO though, and D3 is that game and more. 

Diablo 3 "Buy-to-win"??

It is not Battlefield 3. It is not League of Legends. It is not a pvp game, you are NOT required to compete against anyone or get left behind or get ganked and laugh at.

Therefore I find your notion of Diablo 3 as "Buy-to-win" as being quite funny and lacking logic.

Diablo 3 is nothing more than a single player time grinder game with an engine that can allow you to play with other people easier. You can grind just fine with whatever you looted/crafted by yourself.

Umm... you obviously are not considering the future ramifications of anything happening here, are you?  PVP will launch, and guess what?  If you don't buy up, you won't be on  a winning team.  It's so obvious.

So the game isn't a pvp game - it is a pve game that will one day have a pvp side feature.

So your protest actually is:

'It isn't a B2W, and it never will be for PVE, but someday, they'll add PVP and so one day it will have a side pvp game which will be b2w, which you don't have to participate in. And that is evil.'

That doesn't sound as dramatic somehow.

Or maybe you can explain why you HAVE to participate in the future pvp?

• ForeverdreamForeverdream Member UncommonPosts: 141

Havent bought a Bliazz product since wrath.

Greedy company is greedy

• AticusWellesAticusWelles Member Posts: 152
    Absolutely no. I like depth in the games I buy and Blizzard is afraid of leaving the kiddy pool.
    Originally posted by Zorgo

Diablo 3 "Buy-to-win"??

So the game isn't a pvp game - it is a pve game that will one day have a pvp side feature.

So your protest actually is:

'It isn't a B2W, and it never will be for PVE, but someday, they'll add PVP and so one day it will have a side pvp game which will be b2w, which you don't have to participate in. And that is evil.'

That doesn't sound as dramatic somehow.

Or maybe you can explain why you HAVE to participate in the future pvp?

What other endgame will D3 have?

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• uncletomauncletoma Member UncommonPosts: 159

What's important? Developers name of if the game if fun or crap?

I'm Just4Fun so: maybe yes, maybe not, depend: yes, if it's fun; no, if it's crap.

• SouzetsuAeriSouzetsuAeri Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Originally posted by Foreverdream

Greedy company is greedy

A company is greedy for wanting to make profit? You're not forced to pay a dime outside of the $14.99 subscription and the virtual items add no real value other than cosmetics.

Blizzard has yet to really disappoint and I will continue to purchase their A+++ games as usual. Haters gonna hate??

Originally posted by SouzetsuAeri
    Originally posted by Foreverdream

Greedy company is greedy

A company is greedy for wanting to make profit? You're not forced to pay a dime outside of the $14.99 subscription and the virtual items add no real value other than cosmetics.

Blizzard has yet to really disappoint and I will continue to purchase their A+++ games as usual. Haters gonna hate??

What planet are you from?  Go to any game store, and tell me how many games on the shelf come from a company that wants to make a profit.  Yup, all of them.  Now, tell me how many of them feature item shops and real money auctions.  I will guarantee it's less than 1/10th of 1%.  Justifying item shops and real money auctions by "they just want to make a profit." Is like justifying Jeffrey Dahmer by saying "everybody needs a hobby."  Yeah, you just sidestepped the whole crux of the ethical debate.

• cdtcplcdtcpl Member Posts: 6

Yes, as long as it is a quality game that I believe I would enjoy.  So far that is most of Blizzards products.

• ScarlyngScarlyng Member UncommonPosts: 159
    Originally posted by Gruug

The question should (more accurately) be "Will you ever buy another Activision Blizzard game?"  Activision is Blizzard an Blizzard is Activision....one in the same.

Now, to the question as re-written, no I would not because I do not like the way Activision Blizzard are being run. The CEO of the company has only the interest of making money and not of making unique OR quality games. I am not against making money but I am against making money without regard to quality of product. Same goes for companies like EA, THQ, Take2 and so on. If they produce poor quality games, they are less likely to get my business. If more gamers thought that way, quality and good games would become the concern and not JUST making money.

Amen, brother Gruug, amen.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Sure, I've bought Torchlight II and Guildwars 2, both of which have mode old Bliz north talent working on the than d3 did.

As for Activision/Blizzard they have demonstrated (to me at least) that whilst the spirit is willing the talent is week, I'll be more cautious in future
  • pit101pit101 Member UncommonPosts: 68

Well I can say one thing, based on the popularity of this thread..

I think alot of people say they wouldn't, but secretly still have hope. hehe

Originally posted by pit101

Well I can say one thing, based on the popularity of this thread..

I think alot of people say they wouldn't, but secretly still have hope. hehe

You assume too much.  Some of us are just out for blood at this point. 

• VPgearchinVPgearchin Member Posts: 168

i may pickup another blizzard game, as i do have the 1 year sub still up, so that will include some mists of panadaria gameplay.

• stratasaurusstratasaurus Member Posts: 220

At this point no I will never buy another Blizzard product they are dead to me I do not like the direction the company is going.  But to say you will never buy a game from a company is kind of closed minded.  Blizzard could get new management or current management could pull their heads out of their asses and put out something worth buying but I'm not holding my breathe.  This goes for Activision as well, I'm sick of them getting away with getting people to pay 60 dollars more then once a year for the same Call of Duty game.  They have not updated the engine and the graphics are pretty much all the same since the move from MW1 to MW2.

• Sameer1979Sameer1979 Member Posts: 362

Yes, i will never stop to buy Blizzard games infact from now on i will buy one copy extra because my wife is warming up to games.

• kyssarikyssari Member Posts: 142

I'll never play another Activision/Blizzard game again myself but maybe buy one for my 4yr old in the future since that the target audience of their games these days it seems.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Yes I will.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• Sameer1979Sameer1979 Member Posts: 362
    Originally posted by kyssari

I'll never play another Blizzard game again myself but mayb buy one for my 4yr old in the future since that the target audience of their games these days it seems.

Need more hyperbole...please.