Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you ever buy another blizzard game?

Comments

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    Originally posted by Valua
    Originally posted by Yamota

No. After they ruined the MMORPG genre with WoW and how they release games for mass market I realised they are the MacDonalds of gaming.

I can't stand people who think that because they don't like something, or believe they are above it, that it must be bad.

Take your opinion and swallow it, it's yours alone, not everyones (especially not the majority of the MMO genre's.)

Also, whats wrong with McDonalds, it's so nice (as is WoW.)

On topic - Of course I will buy another Blizzard product. They're the only company actually able (so far) to release a MMO without game breaking bugs etc (every WoW expansion.) Also all of their games are at least good, if not excellent (Diablo being just good, Vanilla WoW being excellent.)

That's funny because i'm a casual gamer, on of the majority of gamers, and i agree with him completely. They did mess up the mmo genre because now just about every company is trying to emulate them. Hopefully GW2, TSW, Wushu, Neverwinter and the like will break the mold and prevent this mistake from being made in the future of mmo games ever again. 

but whats to say that those games you pointed out wont do the same thing?

WoW only fault was being a good game that appeal to most MMO gamers. So future MMO built from there.

if GW2 became as popular, than whats to stop MMO developers making lots of GW2 like MMO? wouldnt you get tired of that as well after 8+ years of GW2 like MMO, since you complain about the same situation with WoW?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

If they make a game I want to play, I'll buy it. Why wouldn't I?

This, basically.

It really all depends on whether they make any interesting games in the future.  I wouldn't be surprised if they did, and I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Not in a million years.   I still have Facebook friends who say Diablo 3 is not buy-to-win though, so I guess opinions vary.  It only takes one b2w game for a company to be a total failture IMO though, and D3 is that game and more. 

Edit:  It really boggles my mind when I see people claiming "server instability at launch" as Diablo 3's big flaw.  No, the big flaw is that all paths point to the RMT auction house, and it's one big boiling frog experiment for the future of their company.  What is a boiling frog experiment?  Biologists say that you can put a frog in a pot of hot water, and slowly raise the temperature.  If done gradually enough, the frog will stay in the water until it boils and the frog dies. 

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

I buy games that I find fun. I don't make a point of seeing who made it.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• DirkzenDirkzen Member Posts: 144

Yea.  But only Diablo titles.

Starcraft is dead to me. 

Starcraft 2 sucks ass, and is the biggest scam of the century.   I'm not paying full price for 1/3 of a game.

Anyhow.

I honestly feel like the only guy in the universe who's actually 'enjoying' Diablo 3 and having fun.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

As long as it isn't another disasterous Diablo title then I am ok. They know Warcraft and Starcraft but that is about it so far.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• Paradigm68Paradigm68 Member UncommonPosts: 890

There is no entry for my option which is: Blizz went from being a day one purchase to now being a wait til reviews/free trials possible purchase.

• manakanamanakana Member Posts: 75
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I am not a Blizzard fan, but Blizzard has the most outstanding gamehistory of any developer out there, All blizzard games had the level of awesome epicness.

Sad thing is the server problems in Diablo, but other then that, they still have a straight A record.

Or did the real innovative people leave Blizzard over the years?

Haha funny how you only mention the server problems in Diablo. The release of WoW was alot worse man..

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    Originally posted by Valua
    Originally posted by Yamota

No. After they ruined the MMORPG genre with WoW and how they release games for mass market I realised they are the MacDonalds of gaming.

I can't stand people who think that because they don't like something, or believe they are above it, that it must be bad.

Take your opinion and swallow it, it's yours alone, not everyones (especially not the majority of the MMO genre's.)

Also, whats wrong with McDonalds, it's so nice (as is WoW.)

On topic - Of course I will buy another Blizzard product. They're the only company actually able (so far) to release a MMO without game breaking bugs etc (every WoW expansion.) Also all of their games are at least good, if not excellent (Diablo being just good, Vanilla WoW being excellent.)

That's funny because i'm a casual gamer, on of the majority of gamers, and i agree with him completely. They did mess up the mmo genre because now just about every company is trying to emulate them. Hopefully GW2, TSW, Wushu, Neverwinter and the like will break the mold and prevent this mistake from being made in the future of mmo games ever again. 

but whats to say that those games you pointed out wont do the same thing?

WoW only fault was being a good game that appeal to most MMO gamers. So future MMO built from there.

if GW2 became as popular, than whats to stop MMO developers making lots of GW2 like MMO? wouldnt you get tired of that as well after 8+ years of GW2 like MMO, since you complain about the same situation with WoW?

Look at it like this, considering that I could take a level 30 character in GW2 and go to a level 10 zone and still get good dynamic content, rewards/exp/and challenge, then one would get an insane amount of replayabilty, thats literally more pve content than any game out there.  Not only that, It comes with an entire world ment for the sole purpose of WvW pvp, and a structured pvp system for tournaments.  GW2 focuses on fun and skill progression, WoW focuses on endless gear grind and no customization, I have no idea how anyone finds that fun anymore and theres no comparison of the two.   

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• redcloud16redcloud16 Member UncommonPosts: 220

Blizzard hasn't wronged me so my answer to your question is 'Yes, I will continue to give Blizzard my money in exchange for their wonderful games.'

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    I never really got into the Warcraft and Starcraft franchises, so those are definitely a no no. I have no idea about Titan. I guess it’s a wait and see.

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589

I won't buy a blizzard game as readily as before. Slow content development, slow patches, and weak QA. Compared to other companies, they're being left in the dust. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• I was worried about Blizzard at points during WoW's life cycle, but since they did such a tremendously good job with StarCraft 2 and now Diablo 3, my faith's been restored.

I may even give WoW a chance again now that they're at long last making Pandarens playable.

• mehoronmehoron Member Posts: 146
    Originally posted by RebelScum99
    Originally posted by RebelScum99

Will I ever buy another Blizzard game?  Only every single one they release from now until the end of time.  I always know I'm going to get a quality game from them.  Some are better than others, but they always keep me interested for a good amount of time.

Riiight because D3 has so much quality and content. Now if you are talking about the cinematics yeah those are quality but everything else about D3 was a complete let down especially for those who played D2.

It actually does.  I played D2 and I love D3.  I know you spend most of your free time on D3 threads trashing the game, but it doesn't mean you are right about it.  

Yeah i am right, unfortunately, it is a mere shadow of what D2 was. I stopped playing it when i got to inferno and they A: reduced the useful drops to almost never B: activated the RMAH and then everyone required RM for purchases and C: didn't add the much needed content boost they claimed they would put in shortly after launch. That's why i'm here. That and GW2 isn't out yet :)

I would totally believe you if you weren't completely talking out of your ass. You've obviously not actually played the game for any good amount of time at all.

Reduced useful drops? They actually increased them.

Required RM for purchases? There is still an up and thriving gold AH you can use where you can find a boatload of gear. And you don't even need that since they've increased yellow drops on bosses and made inferno easier.

Content boost? What "content" boost are you talking about? In all likelyhood they are working on an expansion while they tweak the game now.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5238315/Patch_103_Now_Live-20_06_2012

The only things they've nerfed is stuff people were exploiting and botting for gold farming.

Originally posted by doragon86

I won't buy a blizzard game as readily as before. Slow content development, slow patches, and weak QA. Compared to other companies, they're being left in the dust. 

Really? Weak QA? There is coined term in the industry it's "Blizzard Polish" look it up somtime. From what I've seen blizzard has less game breaking bugs than any company I've seen.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by Souldrainer

Not in a million years.   I still have Facebook friends who say Diablo 3 is not buy-to-win though, so I guess opinions vary.  It only takes one b2w game for a company to be a total failture IMO though, and D3 is that game and more. 

Diablo 3 "Buy-to-win"??

Against who? What for? Win what?

It is not Battlefield 3. It is not League of Legends. It is not a pvp game, you are NOT required to compete against anyone or get left behind or get ganked and laugh at.

Therefore I find your notion of Diablo 3 as "Buy-to-win" as being quite funny and lacking logic.

Diablo 3 is nothing more than a single player time grinder game with an engine that can allow you to play with other people easier. You can grind just fine with whatever you looted/crafted by yourself.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Since WoW I haven't bought any of their games. They used to make games that I found fun like D2 and Starcraft but not anymore.

Titan has me mildly interested.

• Bonafide25Bonafide25 Member Posts: 5

if the new game will be great i will buy it. Why not? Because it produced by Blizzard? They're produces games like many other companies and my choice depends on the quality of the game.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Next up:

Heart of the Swarm.

I say keep 'em coming :).

• paroxysmparoxysm Member Posts: 437

I voted no.  But, it's not because of one thing.  It's a result of actions over a long time of playing their games.  I went into wait and see mode with a side of pessimism well before SC2 or D3.  I haven't seen anything from them that makes me want to buy or resub to any of their games.   All I see is continuation of lines of thinking I am opposed to.  From diehard to no thanks.

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384
    Originally posted by mehoron

Really? Weak QA? There is coined term in the industry it's "Blizzard Polish" look it up somtime. From what I've seen blizzard has less game breaking bugs than any company I've seen.

should stop living in the past, current blizzard is NOTHING like old blizzard, blizzard USEd to be about quality, not anymore.

The situation with diablo 3 proves this quite easily, couldnt have QAd it that well if all those issues were at launch, and no, the amount of people buying it isnt a good excuse, since they knew damn well it was going to sell great.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• HurvartHurvart Member Posts: 565

I dont think I will buy any blizzard games in the future. When they started to streamline WoW it was obvious they have new ideas I dont like at all. And they are making games for mainstream consumers. Everything is dumbed down and handholding everywhere.  D3 is based on the same ideas.

I will have to play other games not intended for the mainstream. Popular games in general are probably not fun for me anymore.

Originally posted by warmaster670
    Originally posted by mehoron

should stop living in the past, current blizzard is NOTHING like old blizzard, blizzard USEd to be about quality, not anymore.

The situation with diablo 3 proves this quite easily, couldnt have QAd it that well if all those issues were at launch, and no, the amount of people buying it isnt a good excuse, since they knew damn well it was going to sell great.

Spoken like someone who really hasn't played the game. Either that or you just don't know what a QA team does.

DIII itself is extremely polished and nice and surprisingly bug free(there are a few issues here or there).

The servers and b.net dropping the ball on server configurations at launch has nothing to do with the quality or polish of the game itself nor that team. I dunno what the server guys are smoking at Blizzard these days, but I could sure use some.

It's quite sad cause the atrocious server launches really watered down what a great game DIII actually is (and they still are watering it down with their incompitence!). But I'm certainly not going to fault the people who's focus was on the game and not the servers. AFAIK that was all Blizzards B.net stuff.

• FaulknerFaulkner Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Truth be told, I havnt been excited by a blizzard product since wow, and I havnt played that game in years. My gut tells me no, but like anything in life things can change.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

You know, many of the answers here kinda makes it sounds like the Blizzard stamp is more important than quality???

I understand the opinion "I know this company usually makes good games so I will keep my eyes open on the games they make and buy anything that looks good". But I buy whatever they make no matter how good or bad it seems sounds more like a cult.

Large companies like Blizzard changes fast with time and few employees since Starcraft still works there (and Diablo 1 & 2 were actually made by Blizzard North which doesn't exist anymore and while D1s lead designer were moved to Blizzard he have since founded both ANEt and Undead labs).

Blizzard have indeed still made som good game, I don't argue with that (I liked WC3 as example) but buying anything they make whatever?

I do keep my eyes out for certain devs games a bit extra but I check up all games before I get anything and all games I buy are on their own merit. In other words: I stopped buying junk games.