Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 Cures "Game Burn In"

13»

Comments

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

Great post, happy you like the game and found out its more dynamic than some people tend to think. Those who say its still go kill ten rats packed into a different wrapper. Sure some hearts are like that, but In pretty much every heart there is a DE on top of it which lets you complete it really quick compared to doing the hearts by themselves. I was planning to PvP pretty much the whole BWE#1 but ended up playing 5x more PvE than PvP. Mainly because the PvP was just too overwhelming for me at that time. It was just too much to get into and customize. In BWE#2 I pretty much PvPed all weekend since I teamed up with friends and played the tournaments 

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by itgrowls

Actually i read that one and it wasn't like that, it was however pointing out how cookie cutter the entire industry is now and how since GW2 is not like the others, is bringing a fresh new gameplay and ALSO as a bonus making players demand more even from Trion which i thought was doing a good job putting stuff out. It is amazing really how much one developer team has influenced the market with one title. Should start changing the entire genre now. :)

It is hardly the first time that have happened, even if games that affect the market have been away for a while now.

Games like meridian 59, Asherons Call, Everquest and Wow all did great impact on the market and affeted other games.

More surprising is that games like UO and DaoC had so little impact on other games.

But I frankly hope that if GW2 changes the market it will be because devs realize that just copying eachother straight on is a path to failure, not success. I am sadly 99% sure that it instead just will lead to lazy devs cloning GW2 instead of Wow, EQ or M59 as they have done for the last 15 years.

Unfortunately, you're probably right.

Although, maybe we only have to wait 7 years or so before Anet does it again with GW3!  :)

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• TheTrueKingTheTrueKing Member Posts: 427
    Originally posted by DaezAster

Gw2 gave me game withdrawel. It's been a long time since that has happened.

I concur and so much so I thought I was going to end up with cold sweats in a fetal possission in my bath tub... no but really I too have not suffered from game withdrawls in I'd say over 5 years of gaming like I am suffering with GW2 withdrawls.   Atleast I get to test out another game I'm interested in this weekend.