Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you ever buy another blizzard game?

ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Played-Everything
Playing-LoL

Comments

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Choice #3 here.  As much as I wish I could still enjoy WoW, or diablo 3, it seems like SC is the only franchise they haven't degraded yet.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311

If they make a game I want to play, I'll buy it. Why wouldn't I?

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Depends on Titan.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

I'll buy a Blizzard game if I enjoy it, who develops or publishes it is not a factor.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71

I'll buy a Blizzard game if I enjoy it, who develops or publishes it is not a factor.

this.

I dont, 'not buy a shirt because of slave labor' I am not about to start protesting gaming companies given the limited choices of diversity we have in the industry anyway.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

One subscription per company is my only rule.

• AconsarAconsar Member Posts: 262

I broke my rule of "Hell no" with D3 because I caved and decided to check it out with friends.  I loved it at first, but with every Blizzard title, it's just like fast food.  It tasted great, but then you just start feeling the crap afterwards.

I'm tired of games with no lasting appeal and that's all Blizzard seems to be able to make anymore.  All the talent that made D2 so good (put countless months into that game and have bought numerous copies over the years) are long gone.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I am not a Blizzard fan, but Blizzard has the most outstanding gamehistory of any developer out there, All blizzard games had the level of awesome epicness.

Sad thing is the server problems in Diablo, but other then that, they still have a straight A record.

Or did the real innovative people leave Blizzard over the years?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

absolutely not for me.

And here's why. Their direction with the RMAH and lack of content in D3 as well as their refusal to add any new content to Cata while we wait for Panda to come out was a clear indicator as to where this company is headed. 

I believe in shops so long as they don't sell gear, not only did the RMAH sell gear but it also had a stream of income that was not earned by the company that made it. Millions of players paying a company every transaction is way more then a simple sub fee. It's greed.

This combined with the horrible lack of content the endless doing the arch questlines and no alternative objectives hardly. 

Is this what their Titan project will be? a randomized arch story only game with random loot almost 98% of which you can't use with an RMAH and a cash shop that sells you crafting mats so you can waste time on a crafting system from 12 years ago that almost never gives you what you need the first 20 items you make?

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    No
    Never had interest in Titan
    D3 ended up being an exercise in greed > gameplay
  • dauntSilverdauntSilver Member Posts: 146

Aye, if a game is entertaining to me, I'll buy. :]

don't care if it is a Blizzard game, SOE game, etc.

• UOvetUOvet Member Posts: 514

Haven't bought Blizzard since WC3 if that tells you anything. I'd rather not wait every 8 years so they can release buggy, unimpressive games. I'd rather support an indie Dev or something.

I'm sure Titan will be a lobby based game.

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

Ye sure. The Blizard hate is just spite really. I can admit that as I was once one.

Just recently rebought Wow again as my account was messed up ages ago.  Also bought and like D3.

I have played alot of mmos and these 2 blizzard titles I am enjoying a great deal atm.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Of course.

WOW is a fun game.

SC2 is a fun game.

D3 is a fun, addictive game.

Based on their track record, why wouldn't i?

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I am not a Blizzard fan, but Blizzard has the most outstanding gamehistory of any developer out there, All blizzard games had the level of awesome epicness.

Sad thing is the server problems in Diablo, but other then that, they still have a straight A record.

Or did the real innovative people leave Blizzard over the years?

I mean my first MMO was WoW, then i started playing diablo 2, so blizzard had really given me alot at the time.  But ever since I've felt a heavy, heavy degrade in quality. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• CrisazgoCrisazgo Member Posts: 42

So with D3 i loved the game at first then it went downhill at inferno. Could see quite clearly the game had not been tested. Too many deaths from unavoidable /broken things. Encountered many bugs. My wizard randomly teleporting was a good one. A few times it got me totally stuck and unable to do anyhting even tp to town. I wonder why they didnt get some real gamers to test their games first.

Also with wow, they have done nothing at all to address the population imbalances or low pop servers for too long. Im on a pvp server that slowly shift over past 2 expansions to now being ~90-95% horde. Yet all they will do is force me to pay large amount of money to move my 7 chars elsewhere. I dont want to think about leveling in mop i would have to hide inside 5mans. We have had 15man horde raids taking over stormwind cos there is no one there to fight back.

My love for the company disappeared. I  feel they dont listen to fans at all. I understand theres a huge amount of whining kids on forums but when we give some real feedback it always seems to go unheard. I was not happy at all with MoP class changes and neither was alot for my class. We gave feedback since day 1. Nothing was changed. With 0 blue response as to why.

Also would it be too hard to ask for a login queue to their games. We have had the issue on wow login for 6+ years, why did they make diablo withuot one. I spent maybe 7+ hours ctrl+v my password in on d3. I would trade that for a system where i can just queue and leave my pc for an hour and go do something productive. Seems like a case that they favor money over the players.

• GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545
    Originally posted by Aconsar

I broke my rule of "Hell no" with D3 because I caved and decided to check it out with friends.  I loved it at first, but with every Blizzard title, it's just like fast food.  It tasted great, but then you just start feeling the crap afterwards.

This statement pretty much sums up my experience with Diablo 3.

It amazes me how people can play the same exact content over, and over, and over, ad nauseum. 

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

Every game I've bought from Blizzard has been great. Based on that track record - YES! (if it's a game I'm interested in)

• EdeusEdeus Member CommonPosts: 506

Starcraft fan for life here! 

You must construct additional pylons!

Taru-Gallante-Blood elf-Elysean-Kelari-Crime Fighting-Imperial Agent

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718
    Originally posted by Grixxitt
    Originally posted by Aconsar

This statement pretty much sums up my experience with Diablo 3.

It amazes me how people can play the same exact content over, and over, and over, ad nauseum. 

I should think a lot of players are brainwashed by The Skinner Box concept.

They are program to think that repitition is fun.

Click below for The Skinner Box video.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/the-skinner-box

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430

Absolutely not!

WoW catering to non-gamers and rumors of Titan being integrated to facebook is a clear sign this company is not making games for gamers anymore but for social media users. Can't really blame them, though, they've chosen their markets. Unfortunately, I don't belong to that group.

• KalstarkKalstark Member Posts: 63

i just resubbed to WoW after trying just about every mmo out there. i stopped playing cuz world pvp was my favorite thing to do and i couldnt find it on my server anymore. before i resubbed i checked out the forums to see if there was any servers that still did this and found that my old server actually was doing world pvp alot more and found another one famous for it. im loving it and the game really brings back memories. and for people complaining blizz doesnt add content, the entire world is different compared to wen the game first came out that i had to make a new character cuz i want to see everything theve changed. if anyone wants a scroll of resurection so u can get a free character to 80 on any server and get upgraded to cataclysm send me a message on here 

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Depends on what Titan is.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by xmenty

They are program to think that repitition is fun.

If the programming works, then repetiiton is fun.

And why wouldn't it? FPS asks players to kill SAME looking enemies with SAME firearms many times. FPSes are considered fun.

I played D3 .. it is fun .. repeatedly kill large horde of mobs .. feel powerful, feel challenged (in inferno mode).

There is no contradiction here. Repeated action *can* be fun. In fact, there are many OTHER examples. Many sports requires repeated actions.