Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Stress Test on June 27th

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Arena.Net blog has been updated with an invitation to players to help the team stress test the Guild Wars 2 servers on June 27th. The test will run from 10:00 a.m. PDT (11 MDT, 12 CDT, 1 EDT) that day.

All players who have pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 are invited to participate in our upcoming stress test. This four-hour test event will run on Wednesday, June 27th, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. PDT (GMT-7).

We won’t wipe characters for this event, so if you played in our previous betas, you can pick up right where you left off. All we need you to do is log in and have fun—leave the stress to us!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518

*ties hit belt around his arm and gets a vein ready* gonna give us another free sample eh Anet....

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

That sucks....guess I won't be playing that one.  Some of us have to actually work!  4 hour stress test in the middle of the day during a work week?  Probably be a fairly light load there, Anet.....

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by evolver1972
    That sucks....guess I won't be playing that one.  Some of us have to actually work!  4 hour stress test in the middle of the day during a work week?  Probably be a fairly light load there, Anet.....

Did you know that there's a continent across the Atlantic where people also play games?

• mattnatemattnate Member UncommonPosts: 7

Who cares about the people over the pond? You didn't know US is the only one that counts? Sheesh get over yourself.

*end sarcasm*

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Again another stress test for the game at times that are bad for stress testing.

• DzarkyDzarky Member UncommonPosts: 10

Anyone know why Gamestop website is still listing GW2 with a 6/26/12 release date??? very strange?

• MorvMorv Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Originally posted by Alot

Did you know that there's a continent across the Atlantic where people also play games?

I actually laughed out loud.... alot...

• xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384
    Originally posted by Thorbrand

Again another stress test for the game at times that are bad for stress testing.

Totally missing this one I have work during those times :(... Unless...

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178

ROLF  Theres no continent across the atlantic.  The world is flat!  

• VagabondLifeVagabondLife Member Posts: 91
    Originally posted by Dzarky

Anyone know why Gamestop website is still listing GW2 with a 6/26/12 release date??? very strange?

Either it's a placeholder or they are stupid....take your pick :P

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Ummmm might be a good day to work from home. :)

lmao....I'm American, we're the only ones that count!  :)

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961

I find it amusing that you added 3 more american timezones but none else. :)

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739

This stress test will start at 7pm in central europe.

The time for closing event in the BWE's was not very EU friendly though.

• korat102korat102 Member Posts: 313

They obviously want their staff on hand to monitor things and take any action they may deem necessary if something breaks. Can't do that in the middle of the night!

It's early evening for me so I'll be able to make it, bet that four hours goes in a flash...

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

4 hours seems like nothing. I will probably spend like 1 hour taking screenshots and nothing else. I wonder if it will take them 2 or 3 weeks after stress test for next BWE.

Originally posted by Anthur

I find it amusing that you added 3 more american timezones but none else. :)

Refer to my post right above your original.  :D

• VagabondLifeVagabondLife Member Posts: 91
    Originally posted by QSatu

4 hours seems like nothing. I will probably spend like 1 hour taking screenshots and nothing else. I wonder if it will take them 2 or 3 weeks after stress test for next BWE.

Probably the week after TSW launches is my guess.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by Thorbrand

• werewoodwerewood Member Posts: 76

Will be traveling :( 

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

It's okay, for all the people at work who can't stress test it, I'll be there doing my duty and stress testing it myself *salutes*

Smile

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

Didn't expect this one! I will be free that week, so thank you Arenanet!

• MsGamerladyMsGamerlady Member UncommonPosts: 192

Yay!! Can't wait :)

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

Does this mean that week after stress test is next BWE?

• demonic87demonic87 Member UncommonPosts: 438

The one day im busy for the next 2 weeks.