Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Tanks: Headed to World Cyber Games

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

World of Tanks players will be in hot competition between now and the end of November as the game will make its competitive debut at the annual World Cyber Games tournament.

"Several months ago we introduced a special blitz version of tank battles with only seven players per team, and it has proven to be a great fit for tournament formats," said World of Tanks eSport Lead Alexey Kuznetsov. "We are all excited about being included in the most popular cybersport event of the year, and I'm sure World of Tanks will make a great debut there."

Read more about World of Tanks.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    I don't see how they can have e sport competitions in this game. When you have a pay to win cash shop with special ammo and things like that doesn't it completely ruin the competition aspect unless everyone is given an even playing ground?
  • DrealgrinDrealgrin Member UncommonPosts: 156

it will be interesting to see how they deal with the immense number of cheaters in the game.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Panther2103
    I don't see how they can have e sport competitions in this game. When you have a pay to win cash shop with special ammo and things like that doesn't it completely ruin the competition aspect unless everyone is given an even playing ground?

Company battles with possible ammo restrictions would be my guess.

Either way not sure why this game is covered at MMORPG as there is no RPG in this game.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Drealgrin

it will be interesting to see how they deal with the immense number of cheaters in the game.

Don't confuse Random Number Generator with "cheating".

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397

WCG becomes a bigger joke each years. I can only laugh at them with games like CrossFire in their official titles.

• iBlasphemeiBlaspheme Member UncommonPosts: 9

I have played on a few winning Tournament teams in WoT, and it has been some of the most exciting gaming experiences.

They are planning some spectator modes in the future, so this will work out nicely.
  • ghettocelebghettoceleb Member UncommonPosts: 104

I like that I can play tanks and win without ever buying any gold ammo, or premium tank. I might get a premium tank though. The game is frustrating at times and can make you mad, but that is balanced with those extremely close and exciting battles that get the blood going.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754

I dont remember much cheating in the game (been awhile since I played though)....I just assumed alot of those people I couldnt do much damage to were paying customers.

• urthal22urthal22 Member UncommonPosts: 108

Theo the fact you didnt hurt people as no link to them paying or not...

World of tanks isnt just a point and shoot game, you need to learn the Strengh and weaknesses of your enemies and know Your own.

Shooting without aiming specificly at some areas wont score damage specially if your a smaller tank.

I'll be on the lookout for that event , World of tanks is great as a game,  but Im not sure Of the Esport scene ... 7players on each side most likely help speed up gameplay.

But the commentators would need some sort of all-vision / Free Roam Controls.