It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Is merely keeping the server open and spending a buck or two on the bandwidth enough, or do you demand more for your $10-$15 a month?
In my opinion, paying a subscription fee should entitle the MMO customer to expect at minimum the following:
(1) Frequent, regular bug-fixing and exploit-patching
(2) Competent, active GMs
(3) A game that's in a fully working condition to play, and which fufills the promises made by advertising (or at the least, has the reasonable expectation of fulfilling those not currently delivered in the near future)
(4) An active, responsive community team
I think paying subscribers should also reasonably expect at least some of:
(5) Access to all the content in the game without further payment
(6) An expectation that the game will continue to be developed and expanded, and for that direction to be communicated
(7) Some level of input or interaction with the Dev team as to the future direction of the game.
(8) Proper game documentation and tutorials
What are your thoughts? Which subscription MMOs actually deliver to your expectations for a subscription? Should subbed MMOs which don't deliver go F2P or should they raise their game, so to speak?
Give me liberty or give me lasers