Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Conspiracies: Release Date Theories (Theory #6.2 proven correct)

SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

Yes, I know, this is probably thread #2,598,123 about the release date of this game.  However, I've come to the conclusion that there are symbols and items released by Arena.net that broadcasts projected release dates that may or maynot be true.  These are plausable conclusions,...

1)  The Delorian on the twitter page:

•    Back to the Future released to theaters on July 3rd, 1985.  This could mean that the game is set to release on July 3rd (Tuesday).    Though the VHS release was on November 30th, 1986.  This also could point out a release date, though that is very much later in the year and on a Friday.

• Delorian goes up to 88mph. This could be a count from the days that they released this bit of information.  Not counting today (June 20th), then it would be September 16th on a Sunday. Unlikely, but still plausable to be there on that day.

2)  Jersey's from past:

• The three red jerseys from that one video long ago read as 6, 28, and 12.  Some saw this as June 28th, 2012.  Well, that date is 8-days away and is very unlikely.  Improbable, but not impossible.
3) Jersey's from recent:
  • Both of these new black jerseys are next to each other, one saying 14 and the other saying 30.  There's no 14th month and neither is there a 30th month.  These could be days of a month where we could guess-timate both days of every month between July and December.
4) The Fry's flyer:
  • On May 15th, Kotaku posted an image of a Fry's flyer that dated release for Guild Wars 2 to be on June 28th, 2012.  This flyer even said pre-orders stopped there on 05/30/2012.  This was such a specific thing that it was believed to be real and not photoshopped.  Though, it could still be a great print.  NCSoft countered to Kotaku with offical word that there was no official release date yet and the June 28th was purely speculation.
5) The Fun:
  • In the most recent blog post from A.Net entitled, "Is it Fun? Colin Johanson on How ArenaNet Measures Success", they mention the word 'FUN' a total of 39 times.  From the 19th of June, that would lead all the way to July 28th if it was a day counter. It could just be coincidental that he put that many fun words into a fun article, but I suspect he was just having fun with numbers instead.

• One of the quotes mentioned in the article states, "So remember: when you’re playing in any of the upcoming beta weekends and that little survey pops up, tell us what you really think."  This is an indication that there are multiple beta weekends left before release.  With June's already fullfilled, that means that the game is almost certainly not going to release in July because we need one there and there is also going to be one in August.  But, this still means that there's a chance for the game to release post-2nd week of August throughout the end of the month, or then slide into September.  For sure that statement says September 2012 (which rymes with remember), though no definite date in that month.
6) "When it's ready.":
  • There's exactly 12 letters to that sentence that is always used directly related to the release date; the word ready being the most important and being only 5 letters long.  This would conclude a December 5th release date.

• Ready is a term used to prepare for battle.  The biggest competition for Guild Wars 2 is WoW:Mists of Pandaria, scheduled to release this year as well.  The release of Guild Wars 2 could be held off until Pandaria is announced release date just to get a foot up by announcing either sooner or later (depending on which is more profitable).  Expectedly, MoP should be sometime in September or October at the very latest if dragged out far too long.  If with a September release, it'll be on a Tuesday, which is to say either 4th, 11th, 18th or 25th.  With that said, Guild Wars 2 is going to want a foot up on Pandaria, and that would be either August 7th, 14th, 21st, or 28th.

Extra Input:
  • There's a 3-day headstart with pre-purchase, and 1-day headstart for pre-order.  This means that without a doubt the game will NOT release on a Tuesday just to have the headstart be on a Saturday.
  • Every time they've had an event, it was having the servers come up around 12pm (noon) PST.  This would lead to believe that whatever day they release they'll also do the same thing and not at midnight as some others have done.
  • Holidays such as 4th of July (Wednesday), Labor Day (Sept 3rd, Monday), Columbus Day (Oct 8th, Monday), Vet's Day (Nov 11th, Sunday), Thanksgiving (Nov 22nd, Thursday), and Christmas (Dec 25th, Tuesday) are all days that can be ruled out from release dates.  Not to say that it cannot release near enough to them (see SW:TOR) to allow for players to take official days off of work without the need for time off requests.

Any other possible conspiracy hints out there to work with?

Update #10-4-3-2=/=1:

7) Stress Test:
  • The new stress test adds another date into the ever growing conspiracy. "This four-hour test event will run on Wednesday, June 27th, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. PDT (GMT-7)."  We have 4 hours, on the 27th of the sixth month of  the year.  This already indicates that there is going to be a follow up Beta Weekend on the 2nd weekend following this, or that would be July 7th and 8th.  There is that the last stress test was 7hrs and this one is 4hrs, so that's a 3hr difference. But, then there's the difference of two days between the time from.  So, that's 48 and 3 minus the 27, which leaves us with 24.   That would mean that August 24th would be the release date because it's a Friday.    This is perfect for a release date and gives ample week-time for the headstart.

Extra, Extra Input: 
  • With every Stress test and Beta running on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of the week, that could only mean that they're avoiding a release date day for these.  This, combined with the knowledge that a Tuesday cannot be the release date, puts that the release date will be on a Thursday.

Comments

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

You are crazy :D

• WolfynsongWolfynsong Member Posts: 237

Holy hell.  This is possibly one of the greatest satirical posts I've seen in a good long while.

+1

• senti02senti02 Member UncommonPosts: 96

not again (facepalm)

mmorpg.com should delete all this theories thread about guild wars release..and just make 1 thread

• WhySoShortWhySoShort Member Posts: 315

Not saying I believe any of it, but kudos for putting every conspiracy theory in one post. That's pretty awesome.

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518

I'm not wearing enough tin foil........

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

• chryseschryses Member UncommonPosts: 1,453

That is simply awesome.

However, you do know that if you come up with enough theories, one will be right? 

• DrenikDrenik Member Posts: 2

Good work :P

• FyronovaFyronova Member Posts: 36

I agree, this is one of the most entertaining topic for Guild Wars 2 so far :)

• DigironoDigirono Member Posts: 86

Drenik smells. Awesome job OP, and yeah this is one of the most entertaining articles on the release date. 

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468

see this is why the secret world should not have published their release date, and nice job OP coincidence-ology is fun :)

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

After reading all these crazy conspiracy theories and reading some Dan Brown novels, I'm going to conclude that the church must be responible for GW2's release date.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373

Usually I just ignore the release dates type of posts, but this one was at least creative and interesting.

• FinitFinit Member Posts: 145

Bravo, OP.  

My Guild Wars 2 Blog can be found here: Divinity's Reach

• StrixMaximaStrixMaxima Member UncommonPosts: 865

First I was -.-

Then I went  =o

Finally I got  =)

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973
    Hmmm, how about I have a little fun?
    1. GW2 is releasing this year.
    2. I am assuming a Tuesday release date.
    3. It is safe to assume that we will have at least 2 more BWEs, based on certain posts by ArenaNet developers.
      • There is no BWE this weekend, but I would guess that the next weekend or the weekend after that will have one.  PURE CONJECTURE.
      • For the sake of simplicity, I shall assume that the next date will be exactly 4 weeks from the last event (July 6-8), and the one after that, 4 weeks later (August 3-5).
      • Assuming a month between final BWE and release, and a Tuesday release, GW2 will release NO EARLIER than September 4th.
    4. There are 118 days in the year starting from September 4th.
    5. There are 17 Tuesdays starting from September 4th.
    6. it is unlikely that GW2 will release on a date that has some form of holiday or national observance.
      • September 11th, Patriots Day.
      • November 6th, Election Day.
      • November 20th, Tuesday before Thanksgiving.
      • December 25th, Christmas.
    7. This leaves a mere 13 days that GW2 would likely be released.
    8. If there are 3 BWEs left, then that number is reduced to 10.
    With this in mind, and my personal prediction of 3 BWEs left, I believe that the game will be released October 2nd (2/10/2012)...Yes...That IS an palindrome date.  Thanks for reading, and thanks, OP, for making a delightfully fun post.

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• kafka1984kafka1984 Member Posts: 83
    =^.^=
    have you thought about working for the CIA?

Roll the Dice

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Nice post...

But so far everyone misunderstood 28 of june. It where just 3 random shirts untill the conspiracy theory started doing its work. Now i am a strong beleiver that if Anet will anounce the release date anytime soon, it will be on this day. So 28 June we might know the answer.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

honestly, this post has me convinced that it has already been released and I just can't figure out how to install and play it.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by azmundai

honestly, this post has me convinced that it has already been released and I just can't figure out how to install and play it.

Just run the client and refresh three times.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

Guild Wars = 9

2 = 2

9/2

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Magnetia

Guild Wars = 9

2 = 2

9/2

you forgot to count the space between Guild and Wars, which makes it 10 strokes on the keyboard, so a 2nd of Oktober release.

Maybe we should make this post a sticky for all releaseday speculations, it certainly has the depth required for a great starterpost.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• WolfynsongWolfynsong Member Posts: 237
    Originally posted by grimm6th

With this in mind, and my personal prediction of 3 BWEs left, I believe that the game will be released October 2nd (2/10/2012)...Yes...That IS an palindrome date.  Thanks for reading, and thanks, OP, for making a delightfully fun post.

I'd love for that to be true.  Having the game release just in time for my birthday would be a nice present.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

The answer is 42.

The game will release 42 days after 42 days prior to it's release.

Guarunteed.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

This thread is awesome

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• VagabondLifeVagabondLife Member Posts: 91
    Originally posted by azmundai

There is a hidden jumping puzzle in your program files which will lead you to a hidden .exe in a chest. Find it and VOILA!....you're in. image