Yes, I know, this is probably thread #2,598,123 about the release date of this game. However, I've come to the conclusion that there are symbols and items released by Arena.net that broadcasts projected release dates that may or maynot be true. These are plausable conclusions,...
1) The Delorian on the twitter page:
- Back to the Future released to theaters on July 3rd, 1985. This could mean that the game is set to release on July 3rd (Tuesday). Though the VHS release was on November 30th, 1986. This also could point out a release date, though that is very much later in the year and on a Friday.
- Delorian goes up to 88mph. This could be a count from the days that they released this bit of information. Not counting today (June 20th), then it would be September 16th on a Sunday. Unlikely, but still plausable to be there on that day.
2) Jersey's from past:
- The three red jerseys from that one video long ago read as 6, 28, and 12. Some saw this as June 28th, 2012. Well, that date is 8-days away and is very unlikely. Improbable, but not impossible.
3) Jersey's from recent:
- Both of these new black jerseys are next to each other, one saying 14 and the other saying 30. There's no 14th month and neither is there a 30th month. These could be days of a month where we could guess-timate both days of every month between July and December.
4) The Fry's flyer:
- On May 15th, Kotaku posted an image of a Fry's flyer that dated release for Guild Wars 2 to be on June 28th, 2012. This flyer even said pre-orders stopped there on 05/30/2012. This was such a specific thing that it was believed to be real and not photoshopped. Though, it could still be a great print. NCSoft countered to Kotaku with offical word that there was no official release date yet and the June 28th was purely speculation.
5) The Fun:
- In the most recent blog post from A.Net entitled, "Is it Fun? Colin Johanson on How ArenaNet Measures Success", they mention the word 'FUN' a total of 39 times. From the 19th of June, that would lead all the way to July 28th if it was a day counter. It could just be coincidental that he put that many fun words into a fun article, but I suspect he was just having fun with numbers instead.
- One of the quotes mentioned in the article states, "So remember: when you’re playing in any of the upcoming beta weekends and that little survey pops up, tell us what you really think." This is an indication that there are multiple beta weekends left before release. With June's already fullfilled, that means that the game is almost certainly not going to release in July because we need one there and there is also going to be one in August. But, this still means that there's a chance for the game to release post-2nd week of August throughout the end of the month, or then slide into September. For sure that statement says September 2012 (which rymes with remember), though no definite date in that month.
6) "When it's ready.":
- There's exactly 12 letters to that sentence that is always used directly related to the release date; the word ready being the most important and being only 5 letters long. This would conclude a December 5th release date.
- Ready is a term used to prepare for battle. The biggest competition for Guild Wars 2 is WoW:Mists of Pandaria, scheduled to release this year as well. The release of Guild Wars 2 could be held off until Pandaria is announced release date just to get a foot up by announcing either sooner or later (depending on which is more profitable). Expectedly, MoP should be sometime in September or October at the very latest if dragged out far too long. If with a September release, it'll be on a Tuesday, which is to say either 4th, 11th, 18th or 25th. With that said, Guild Wars 2 is going to want a foot up on Pandaria, and that would be either August 7th, 14th, 21st, or 28th.
- There's a 3-day headstart with pre-purchase, and 1-day headstart for pre-order. This means that without a doubt the game will NOT release on a Tuesday just to have the headstart be on a Saturday.
- Every time they've had an event, it was having the servers come up around 12pm (noon) PST. This would lead to believe that whatever day they release they'll also do the same thing and not at midnight as some others have done.
- Holidays such as 4th of July (Wednesday), Labor Day (Sept 3rd, Monday), Columbus Day (Oct 8th, Monday), Vet's Day (Nov 11th, Sunday), Thanksgiving (Nov 22nd, Thursday), and Christmas (Dec 25th, Tuesday) are all days that can be ruled out from release dates. Not to say that it cannot release near enough to them (see SW:TOR) to allow for players to take official days off of work without the need for time off requests.
Any other possible conspiracy hints out there to work with?
7) Stress Test:
- The new stress test adds another date into the ever growing conspiracy. "This four-hour test event will run on Wednesday, June 27th, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. PDT (GMT-7)." We have 4 hours, on the 27th of the sixth month of the year. This already indicates that there is going to be a follow up Beta Weekend on the 2nd weekend following this, or that would be July 7th and 8th. There is that the last stress test was 7hrs and this one is 4hrs, so that's a 3hr difference. But, then there's the difference of two days between the time from. So, that's 48 and 3 minus the 27, which leaves us with 24. That would mean that August 24th would be the release date because it's a Friday. This is perfect for a release date and gives ample week-time for the headstart.
Extra, Extra Input:
- With every Stress test and Beta running on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of the week, that could only mean that they're avoiding a release date day for these. This, combined with the knowledge that a Tuesday cannot be the release date, puts that the release date will be on a Thursday.