Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The longest you have been alive?

SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

Well I just got killed on Day 7 of being alive, playing about 3-4 hours a day and now I am dead, that is the longest I have survived so far, how about you? in what manner were you killed?

I was sitting above elektro in my ghillie suit watching the power station / fire station through my binoculars, I saw two guys there really struggling, I knew one was badly hurt and I had a blood bag so I made my way down, by the time I arrived they had fled sadly, so I picked up any loot I could and left, as I walked out of the main gate I saw a guy on the hillside, thinking it was the guys in trouble i ran towards him, he lay down, at that point I knew he was going to snipe me but I was out in the open, nothing I could do and completely my own fault, one shot and that's me dead.

Just had my first go at spawning with only a torch and a bandage, found no weapons yet just ammo I can't use and cans of soda.

Comments

• CosbySweaterCosbySweater Member UncommonPosts: 37

My longest has just been 3 days of about 5 hours each day.  I haven't been able to play because the game isn't working for me.  I always log into an empty area with no trees and I'm invisible.  I read that there is a hotfix coming or just came out today that I will try.  Hopefully it works because I have been down for 3 days and itching to hop back in. 

This is a screenshot of where I keep spawning:  http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197968406595/screenshot/578959576700167403

Sometimes there are people there and sometimes not.  None of them ever respond.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

About 7 hours...lol. The game is awesome.

Joined - July 2004

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

I've made it two days once, although I have not had time to play lately.  I really want to start playing again!

After my 50th hour or so, I died and it was completely my fault.  I was up in that waaaay Northeast town kind of near the coast.  There was a rooftop that you can hang out on that gets a good view of a store.  Stores attract people and it's nice to way to get some survivor kills :D  Anyways, I was near the edge of the roof on may down to sneak around to the store and instead of selecting the ladder to go down, I hit the V key, which hurddled me down to the ground.  I promptly broke my legs, got swarmed by 20 or so zeds and was dead meat.  I was low on blood anyways, but I could have made it another day most likely. 

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by CosbySweater

My longest has just been 3 days of about 5 hours each day.  I haven't been able to play because the game isn't working for me.  I always log into an empty area with no trees and I'm invisible.  I read that there is a hotfix coming or just came out today that I will try.  Hopefully it works because I have been down for 3 days and itching to hop back in. 

This is a screenshot of where I keep spawning:  http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197968406595/screenshot/578959576700167403

Sometimes there are people there and sometimes not.  None of them ever respond.

Do you have the latest version of the mod installed? (it was updated again today)

Do you have the latest ARMA2 beta patch installed? (updated recently too) get it here: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

I had some problems with it after trying to install the beta patch, I now make sure ARMA and OA are installed, beta patch is installed, mod is installed and that the OA beta launcher properties are edited to load in to dayZ correctly.

If you have done all of that then I have no idea why you are loading in to that area sorry!

• CosbySweaterCosbySweater Member UncommonPosts: 37

I will try out the new hotfix.  Yesterday I manually updated DayZ instead of running an auto updater and also made sure I had the most recent Arma 2 patch.  I have read that if you log onto a certain version server that it will log me into an aread that I just need to run 2km east.  I heard that Canada 2 has this but by the time I got on last night it was night on that server....   I look forward to playing night mode some time down the road but too soon for me still.

Thank you for the suggestions.  I will keep tinkering with it.  The game is too fun to give up on.

• MizzmoMizzmo Member UncommonPosts: 133

5 days here. But I know a guy who as alive around 8 days.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by CosbySweater

I will try out the new hotfix.  Yesterday I manually updated DayZ instead of running an auto updater and also made sure I had the most recent Arma 2 patch.  I have read that if you log onto a certain version server that it will log me into an aread that I just need to run 2km east.  I heard that Canada 2 has this but by the time I got on last night it was night on that server....   I look forward to playing night mode some time down the road but too soon for me still.

Thank you for the suggestions.  I will keep tinkering with it.  The game is too fun to give up on.

Also if you are launching OA beta patch from it's own launcher in the OA folder and not launching "combined ops" through steam, you will need the addons folder from the ARMA2 folder copied into the OA folder otherwise the game won't load as it is looking for data in the wrong place.

I hope you get something sorted soon, I also just install the DayZ files manually as I feel a bit more in control that way than letting an updater take care of it.

I have never come across a server that has put me in a holding area but a friend did mention it today and I had no idea what he was on about until now!

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Close to two days, I still feel accomplished though after a day of playing without death (laughs). 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

My current life is on day 12 and still going. Before that I think that I was alive for about 9 days before a sniper got me at the NW Airfield. I mostly die to PvP now as I pretty much own zombies with the gear I have although the last few patches I've had some pretty nasty run ins with them. I killed about 30 at a barn at one point. I had to finally just run and I lost them in the next town thanks to a glitched house I ran through. I capped about 10 that were still following me into the forest once I figured I was far enough away not to pull the whole freaking town again. It was a lot of fun but very tense at the same time.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

This may sound odd, but I kinda like starting over from scratch. Usually after I get geared up, I go all Leroy Jenkins on survivor camps without a fear of dying. It's fun and so is starting out buck-naked on the beach.

I have yet to go north. Perhaps I'll do that sometime in the future. But for now, chilling in Cherno as a sniper or attacking a camp in the middle of the night for a few days at a time is pretty fun for me.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

Six or seven days, somewhere between two and four hours a day.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

3 days.  Best character yet.  Had a M4, G17, Alice Pack and Ghillie suit finally met his demise trying to get greedy playing alone instead of i nthe group I was runnign with and agroed a bucnh of Zeds that knocked me unconscience.  image

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

Day 3, that's it.

I was doing quite well.  Early in the day (Before the patch that made Zeds nuts), I scoped out Stary Sobor alone.  Hit the grocery store and the military tents.  I was with a friend, but he was new and offline.  So I just figured that I would make a round, as the town seemed clear.  I logged off in roughly the same spot as I logged in.

That night, my buddy jumped on and we logged in after installing the update.  Promptly aggro'd the entire town from a mile away and got knocked out.  He actually lived, smart one.  Died shortly after, trying to sneak/grab some of my gear.

I made it known that the patch to adjust Zeds and force new players to start from scratch was a horrible idea.  Sometimes I love being right.  Not this time, not really.  Most of the other things that I didn't like have been addressed recently though, so for that I'm happy.  I just wish they would start us with a melee weapon already.  It will happen.

Right now, after today's patch in which I term the 'Dayz Miracle Patch', I've played about 3 hours on this character and managed to loot the apartment buildings in one of the main cities.  I don't know which because I haven't gotten close enough to the center of town.  Though I think it's Cherno.  Lot's of warehouses.  I have managed to collect more than enough food and water. I found a M1911 and about five mags for it.  I hit the hospital and I now have painkillers, bandages and an epi-pen.  I found some binoculars, box of matches, watch and some other things that I can't remember.  I think I'm about ready for the trek north.  

As soon as I can link up with my partner, the journey can begin.  Just as long as Rocket doesn't throw me any curveballs again =)