Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark Legends: Players Ask, Devs Respond

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Dark Legends players have made some awesome suggestions to Spacetime Studios developers who have responded by updating the game to ensure players are having the best experience possible.

• No more waiting around before players can embark on their next quest. 3D missions no longer require energy to initiate.

• Players gain Minions and unlock Allies by playing through campaigns.

• Energy is now used to send acquired Allies on "jobs" which aid the player in various ways.

• Rewarding gameplay nets players items, cash, XP and legendary weapons through Minions and Allies.

Read more on the Dark Legends forum.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• haeshinhaeshin Member Posts: 1

sadasdad

• jessie360jessie360 Member Posts: 65

News to me.  Never heard of this game before.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

here's a link to the mmorpg.com page:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/761

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

oh. and keep up the good work Suzie, i've always enjoyed your contributions, quirky as they sometimes may be ;)

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• GrinnzGrinnz Member UncommonPosts: 312

can you still only play it on chrome browser?

• afoaaafoaa Member UncommonPosts: 578

You can also play it on an android device.

"You are the hero our legends have foretold will save our tribe, therefore please go kill 10 pigs."

• indrctindrct Member UncommonPosts: 86

What is this terrible...

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

I wouldn't suggest playing any of Spacetime Studios' games. I am not quite sure why mmorpg.com promotes them so much, when their games are, to say it kindly, crap.

Smile

• rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

@Alphamojo and @afoaa  You can't just "also play it on an android device"...  The distinction is the Spacetime Studios "legend" games are mobile device MMOs (for both Android and iOS) that can also be played in Chrome, not the other way around...

@Razeekster mmorpg.com doesn't "promote" them.  Since the games are MMOs, they report on them, which is what the site is for. Also, as noted above, they're mobile device MMOs, not traditional desktop MMOs. As such, they have to follow different design rules based on device compatibility, device restrictions and a very different player base.  With that in mind, what is it you dont like about them? Please elaborate beyond "their games are...crap".

Personally, I've played all three existing games: Pocket Legends, Star Legends and Dark Legends.  I didn't really get into PL, played SL some and had fun, but ultimately got bored of it and played the hell out of SL, which I really liked (especially the PvP).  Please note, I was a pretty vocal opponent of some of DL's mechanics early on, but I've been very  pleased with how responsive Spacetime Studios has been to player feedback and this patch shows how much they listen and care about what players have to say.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by rhinok

@Alphamojo and @afoaa  You can't just "also play it on an android device"...  The distinction is the Spacetime Studios "legend" games are mobile device MMOs (for both Android and iOS) that can also be played in Chrome, not the other way around...

@Razeekster mmorpg.com doesn't "promote" them.  Since the games are MMOs, they report on them, which is what the site is for. Also, as noted above, they're mobile device MMOs, not traditional desktop MMOs. As such, they have to follow different design rules based on device compatibility, device restrictions and a very different player base.  With that in mind, what is it you dont like about them? Please elaborate beyond "their games are...crap".

Personally, I've played all three existing games: Pocket Legends, Star Legends and Dark Legends.  I didn't really get into PL, played SL some and had fun, but ultimately got bored of it and played the hell out of SL, which I really liked (especially the PvP).  Please note, I was a pretty vocal opponent of some of DL's mechanics early on, but I've been very  pleased with how responsive Spacetime Studios has been to player feedback and this patch shows how much they listen and care about what players have to say.

I've played much better mobile mmos than what Spacetime Studios rolls out. DL is a glorified facebook game. PL doesn't hook you and it didn't take me long to quit. Also SP, I'll admit was somewhat better, but not what I'd call a good mmo.

And your excuse about mobile games having to follow different rules and all of this is totally untrue. They may have to design it a different way but they can still come out with the same formula. Look at Order and Chaos Online. That's what I call an mmo.

Smile

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    Originally posted by rhinok

I've played much better mobile mmos than what Spacetime Studios rolls out. DL is a glorified facebook game. PL doesn't hook you and it didn't take me long to quit. Also SP, I'll admit was somewhat better, but not what I'd call a good mmo.

And your excuse about mobile games having to follow different rules and all of this is totally untrue. They may have to design it a different way but they can still come out with the same formula. Look at Order and Chaos Online. That's what I call an mmo.

While I don't share the same derision of Spacetime Studios' games as the above poster.  Order and Chaos is a true full fledged MMO, while the Spacetime Studio titles are just like GW, Vindictus, anything else of that nature - CO-RPG's and lobby games. O+C is not free, but I always get free game time from them through some promotion or another.

Steam: Neph