Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

If SOE Announced SWG 2 I Bet You Lot Would Buy It

MARTYB2KMARTYB2K AthensPosts: 167Member

I would, as much as i hate the way things turned out i wouldn't be able to resist it. Now SOE is re-visiting old games like Planetside maybe we will one day see a SWG 2 [mod edit]

Comments

• MatchuMatchu ChesterPosts: 23Member

Yes I would buy it....but I cannot see it...ever, sadly.

• DarkOmegaDarkOmega Comox, BCPosts: 28Member

Not a hope in hell, after how they screwed the pooch last time, I would never buy another SOE product.

• ZagavaVonnZagavaVonn Akron, OHPosts: 249Member Uncommon

Yes I'd probably be gullible enough to buy it, but I'd complain day and night about what happened to my old characters and accounts form the original SWG, and I'd complain even more if it wasn't the 250-point skill system.

• VhalnVhaln Chicago, ILPosts: 3,159Member

Only if they rehired Koster to do it :p

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• SentimeSentime Chicago, ILPosts: 272Member

Not a chance in hell of buying it.

• erictlewiserictlewis Cottondale, ALPosts: 3,026Member Uncommon

Well it would have to have a few things going for it

(1) sandbox pre-cu

(2) No nge

(3) no starfox on rails

(4) and no swtor cut seens.

If it remotly looks like swtor then no I am not interested.

• SandboxSandbox SwedenPosts: 295Member

Yes, I would buy an updated pre-cu version.

• ignore_meignore_me Apple Valley, CAPosts: 1,987Member

Yep.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• ktanner3ktanner3 lakeland, FLPosts: 4,074Member
    Originally posted by DarkOmega

Not a hope in hell, after how they screwed the pooch last time, I would never buy another SOE product.

Exactly how I feel. Now if another company picked it up and designed an updated version of SWG Pre-NGE, I'd check it out. But there's no way I'd ever trust SOE again with my money. 

Currently Playing: Star Wars The Old Republic

• ZorgoZorgo Deepintheheartof, TXPosts: 2,226Member
    Originally posted by Vhaln

Only if they rehired Koster to do it :p

I hear Brad McQuaid needs work too.....

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Las Vegas, NVPosts: 1,096Member Common
    Originally posted by ktanner3

Exactly how I feel. Now if another company picked it up and designed an updated version of SWG Pre-NGE, I'd check it out. But there's no way I'd ever trust SOE again with my money. 

Same

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• KarahandrasKarahandras Sible HedinghamPosts: 1,673Member Uncommon

I would probably take a look at it, but buying it.  Maybe if it was a fiver on ebay and could play the old server with same guild.

• AcorniaAcornia Spring Lake, RIPosts: 176Member

I might, but would have to think long and hard about it if SoE name was on it.

• thinktank001thinktank001 oasisPosts: 2,027Member Uncommon

I doubt anyone would buy it.  You know it will be P2W or end up eventually in the P2W business model.

• dirlokdirlok SydneyPosts: 15Member
    Originally posted by Sandbox

Yes, I would buy an updated pre-cu version.

Yes, this is me. I'd want it full sandbox as pre-cu. It really doesnt even need that much updating. I'd buy it.

• GTwanderGTwander San Diego, CAPosts: 6,035Member

I'd give it the most scrutinizing once-over of it's life, and then buy based on whether it's devs "get it" or not. Seeing what direction SOE is headed these days, I'll tell you right now; No, they do not.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• hipiaphipiap Chicago, ILPosts: 439Member

It would have to be true to what SW:G was originally..

I wouldn't care if it was CU or Pre-CU tbh...because I loved both of them in their own way. 

But for me...it would be dependant upon whether or not LA allowed the designer/host company the ability to Design based upon what the player base wanted and not what the Marketing department of the IP owner wanted.

MMO History: 2528 days in SW:G

• tman5tman5 mesa, ALPosts: 604Member

I would let the lot of YOU buy it first and report on it.  Then decide.  Pretty much what I do with every MMO.

Never say never . . . .

• adderVXIadderVXI st cloud, MNPosts: 639Member Uncommon
    I would buy it in a second if it was a sandbox.  Hell im still waiting for Dark and Lights return, thats how weak I am!!

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• SWGbestevaSWGbesteva detroit, MIPosts: 10Member
    i would definately buy it, pre nge or post nge, i loved both games. hell i would buy any game that was like swg, the crafting/harvesting was awesome, the legacy post nge was cool if ya wanted themepark in ur sandbox, game was cool
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid hell, NJPosts: 6,753Member Uncommon
    Either F2P or B2P ? yesthxhi, with a sub? nothxbye

• NilahNilah Edmond, OKPosts: 5Member Uncommon
    It would depend on an awful lot things going just right. After the BS Bioware turned out and labeled SW:TOR, I'd be pretty gun-shy about any up comming Star Wars MMO...

• AngztAngzt berlinPosts: 230Member
    Originally posted by MARTYB2K

I would, as much as i hate the way things turned out i wouldn't be able to resist it. Now SOE is re-visiting old games like Planetside maybe we will one day see a SWG 2 [mod edit]

this decision is not sony's to make.

lucasarts clearly said they only want one star wars mmo at the market at a time.

sure, it could be nice, but it is highly unlikely.

"believe me, mike.. i calculated the odds of this working against the odds that i was doing something incredibly stupid… and i did it anyway!"

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts El Do, KSPosts: 1,555Member
    At this point I would lower my head and return even if it was that NGE garbage. 

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• JonokuJonoku Cool, PAPosts: 645Member

Holdin a grudge? lol. its been 7 years........ let it go.

Making a poll will help tell if the people really want swg 2.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games