Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I don't like this game...

darkedone02darkedone02 Member UncommonPosts: 581

After trying my best trying to get a key today and I finally got one from a member in this forum and was happy, after registering my key and start to play. First time I've played as the monkey guard and noticed how he is a straight pure damager that nukes people like they are made of paper, however you can't nuke ymir. I've lost my first match when my stupid teammates failed to even help people or even communicate. The same thing happen my 2nd  game as artemis and artemis is weak as well, not even strong like the monkey god... she is kinda weak on protection and the only thing useful on her is the traps and boar for CC, i again lost my 2nd match as we agree to surrender. Then my 3rd and last match on this pathatic game was playing as Ra... and he again is weak... like litterly 5 hits and your dead weak... and his attacks hardly put any damage even on the mobs. I've been ganged so many times I just gave up and left the game.

This game is totally unbalance that it's not even funny or fun. it's either you go op or you suck... Dispite how this is beta, it's still bad, and it's worse then DOTA 2 in my opinion.

Comments

• XirikXirik Member UncommonPosts: 440

You got out lvled pure and simple

"You have some serious mental issues you may need to seek some help for. There are others who post things, but do not post them in the way you do. Out of every person who posts crazy shit in this forum, you have some of the craziest and scariest" -FarReach

• thebonesthebones Member UncommonPosts: 28

we are all noobs when starting new game,i lost my first 5 games and now i win some lose some but for me game is great... and monkey is actually pretty good,and balance... well its beta if you dont like dont play.... that simple!

and ymir is tank,would it be ok if you burst tank in any game?

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

So... maybe its just me but I haven't seen anything at all mentioning gameplay, just about "OP'" characters and all which considering you haven't played much at all, I doubt you really can say much in terms of value on that end. It would be like me winning the lottery and going "Wow, if you play the lottery you always win!" Off a single attempt playing it. If you judge something without giving it much of a chance nor actually judging it on all its aspects and just on the "its op cause I said so and played very little" your word is pretty much as useful as a lump of dirt.

• BozaumBozaum Member UncommonPosts: 8

I'm sorry, but you are just plain bad. I've played 10 matches on the game, won 7 and lost 3. Played 2 times as Artemis, one i did very well and the other I sucked. Ra is my favorite free god until now, his spells have a really long range and do a lot of damage. The game is not unbalanced at all, in fact I couldn't believe I was playing a closed beta. Everything works well, no crashes, all gods are fun to play, and so on... 

So don't be fooled, the game is really great, and it is NOT unbalanced at all. 

• SpezzSpezz Member Posts: 141

It just sounds like you suck at the game. Get more practice.

Ymir is a tank, you shouldn't be able to insta burst him.

Artemis has one of the fastest attack speeds in the game and a lot of people consider her OP so you just sucked with her.

Ra is one of the best pushers in the game ~ again you just don't know how to play him.

This game is well balanced for how early in beta it is but balance doesn't account for bad players.

Instead of complaning about everyone being underpowered why don't you read some guides and get to know the Gods before?

• supergfunksupergfunk Member UncommonPosts: 95

Can I get your key then? :)

• SetsunSetsun Member UncommonPosts: 286

Ok, i been getting insane scores at it and here is my point of view.

Depending on your play style there are a few Gods that are abit overpowered at the moment,

Zeus can kill a full team in a team fight if you manage to hit ur ulti on top of everyone, he is really good.

Kali and Bastet are quite good aswell if you like to assassinate people all over the map, more like a jungling/roaming God, Bastet is good overall since she can pounce.

Kali gets extremly overpowered when you get her Ult, its kinda like a Katarina in LoL but you can move while doing the Ultimate.

Wukong is just balanced and good overall, and Hel is viable too if you're into support.

Those Gods are all worth the initial 5k from my experience.

• HejietHejiet Member Posts: 49

Message to OP

The first thing you did wrong: You took a new God and went directly into a real match. You should have went into the solo game mode first and take a look at the items. There is nothing more frustrating to a player who knows how to play, then a new players who spends 1/2 his time looking up items. By the time you are playing real games, you should have a list in front of you with the name of the items you want to purchase and in which order. You might have different list depending on who you are fighting. Sure SMITE feels like an FPS game, but the GOD aren't as simple as a class from let's say Team Fortress 2. They all have multiple abilities and knowning them is 90% of the game, if you know what's coming you can anticipate it.

Another thing you did wrong: You judge a game like LoL on your first 3 games. I lost my first game as Artemis, there was a lot of adaptation and communication issues, it's not exactly like LoL so I had a hard time. But I won the next 5 games with Artemis, she was totally awesome. Just keep practicing with the same God (or 2 if you can) so that if someone takes your God then at least you have spare that you aren't useless with.

I believe every Gods in this game has the potential to become OP late game if fed. You simply need to learn how to play better, and I'm not saying that to be mean, it's just there is always something you could be doing better and you need to find them. The game is the same for everyone but personal skills aren't, just learn the map, learn your enemy abilities and your allies, get people you like on Skype to play with.

Hope you have fun.

Vandal (SMITE Ingame ID for more info)

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012
    Originally posted by Hejiet

Message to OP

The first thing you did wrong: You took a new God and went directly into a real match. You should have went into the solo game mode first and take a look at the items. There is nothing more frustrating to a player who knows how to play, then a new players who spends 1/2 his time looking up items. By the time you are playing real games, you should have a list in front of you with the name of the items you want to purchase and in which order. You might have different list depending on who you are fighting. Sure SMITE feels like an FPS game, but the GOD aren't as simple as a class from let's say Team Fortress 2. They all have multiple abilities and knowning them is 90% of the game, if you know what's coming you can anticipate it.

Another thing you did wrong: You judge a game like LoL on your first 3 games. I lost my first game as Artemis, there was a lot of adaptation and communication issues, it's not exactly like LoL so I had a hard time. But I won the next 5 games with Artemis, she was totally awesome. Just keep practicing with the same God (or 2 if you can) so that if someone takes your God then at least you have spare that you aren't useless with.

I believe every Gods in this game has the potential to become OP late game if fed. You simply need to learn how to play better, and I'm not saying that to be mean, it's just there is always something you could be doing better and you need to find them. The game is the same for everyone but personal skills aren't, just learn the map, learn your enemy abilities and your allies, get people you like on Skype to play with.

Hope you have fun.

Vandal (SMITE Ingame ID for more info)

Good advice.

OP if anyone on your team dies too much the other team becomes overpowered. This is all classes when that happends if you can drag it out till your team hits 20 then you can win last match we had that issue. One person was just stupid died about 20 times they all went for him every time because his play style was stupid. They was all 20 while we was 13 - 16 but we held them off. Soon as we hit 20 we pushed back more and more and got a win.

Also to the OP again from the sounds of it someone kept dieing and they got fed. This game is about getting the kill and not getting killed and gaining the level advantage and pushing before they catch up.

EDIT - Vandel is actually a really good player too I would take his advice we was playing with him yesterday night. 22 in 3 I think you was at Vandal :)

• kyonos286kyonos286 Member Posts: 3

i can see where the OP comes from i had the same thing. my first match i was playing ymir and just wasn't used to anything so died very quick then i tried Artemis that went a bit better but got killed alot by wukong i initialiity thought he was overpowerd then when i could buy a new ''god'' i bought arachnea just cause she looks damned awesome. The first few games were hard and over time i learned what items to get for here and now i can kill wukong and Kali and such on occasion i even survive the ult of zeus.

all in all i like the game and i will keep playing it.

Good advice.

OP if anyone on your team dies too much the other team becomes overpowered. This is all classes when that happends if you can drag it out till your team hits 20 then you can win last match we had that issue. One person was just stupid died about 20 times they all went for him every time because his play style was stupid. They was all 20 while we was 13 - 16 but we held them off. Soon as we hit 20 we pushed back more and more and got a win.

Also to the OP again from the sounds of it someone kept dieing and they got fed. This game is about getting the kill and not getting killed and gaining the level advantage and pushing before they catch up.

EDIT - Vandal is actually a really good player too I would take his advice we was playing with him yesterday night. 22 in 3 I think you was at Vandal :)

Thanks for the comment.

It's nice right now, the community is quite small so people get to know each other.

Friend me if you want to play together. I'm gonna buy Odin today and see if I can be a good tank.

• HaxdelesriotHaxdelesriot Member Posts: 12

So... OP lost at a game he isn't used to playing and suddenly the whole game is very unbalanced?

Sorry no, you just don't know how to play the game yet. All the gods you mentioned as being weak are very very powerful in the right hands. Smite is by far the most fun I've had playing a MOBA and even know it's in beta and has plenty of tweaking to be done to it, it is'nt any more unbalanced than any other MOBA out right now. There is not one single MOBA that is and will every be truely balanced. The game is a ton of fun if you have more patience than a 5th grader and take the time to learn the games mechanics.

• Iced0verIced0ver Member Posts: 49

snip

Thanks for the comment.

It's nice right now, the community is quite small so people get to know each other.

Friend me if you want to play together. I'm gonna buy Odin today and see if I can be a good tank.

I bought Odin last night. He was the first one I bought, and I was really excited to use him...but I can't say I ended up being a big fan of him. He is very underpowered. I was able to tank better with Bastet, and she's not even a tank. And, yes I understand that may be dependant upon my game style and items. :(

Good advice.

EDIT - Vandal is actually a really good player too I would take his advice we was playing with him yesterday night. 22 in 3 I think you was at Vandal :)

Thanks for the comment.

Yeah I think you was playing Hel last night we had 2 our team 2 enemy team me Franky other team was Raum and Kurzgan

• HaxdelesriotHaxdelesriot Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by Iced0ver

snip

Thanks for the comment.

I bought Odin last night. He was the first one I bought, and I was really excited to use him...but I can't say I ended up being a big fan of him. He is very underpowered. I was able to tank better with Bastet, and she's not even a tank. And, yes I understand that may be dependant upon my game style and items. :(

Icedover, fear not, Odin is an amazing god if you play him right. He is far from under powered. He can be quite tanky if you want him to be but I think Hades is better for that. If you really want to get the most out of Odin you want to rush a Frost Hammer and executioner, then boots and qin's blades ect for max damage. Odin is a great initiator and with the changes to how his damage scales he is capable of racking up some serious kills with a damage build. Me and my friend lane as Odin/Sun Wukaung and crush our lane 9 times out of 10.

Good tip Hax, I just bought Odin and I will give it a shot.

Hel is fun but people rarely play tank so, I'd like to try it.

Good tip Hax, I just bought Odin and I will give it a shot.

Hel is fun but people rarely play tank so, I'd like to try it.

I sent you a pm on here buddy.

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601

My buddy and I have been loving SMITE. (Dibbin and Swoosh), we were playing last night too :)

Defintiely give the game a shot and if you got sick of it, try giving it another shot ;) It quickly grows on you once you figure everything out. The Auto-buy and Auto- level features are great for new players. Once you start to get the hang of it, I recommend turning off Auto-buy first and doing that on your own, then turn off Auto-level as well once you get the hang of it buying items, etc.. Just my 2 cents.

• icefox951icefox951 Member Posts: 4

can anyone please send me a referral key? =D

• berlightberlight Member UncommonPosts: 345

is this a QQ thread!?

Wait let me see if i understand...you got owned too many times and your team was stupid so you dont like the game? LOL 

Beta tester maniac

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I dont usually like games like LOL, DOTA, and others as to me they feel like RTS games with all the good bits taken out.. infact you might say that i hate them...

I tested SMITE the other night as a clan mate had some spare keys and I actually quite enjoyed it.. lost my first match but then won 4 after that.. there are some things i dont like thats for sure and its not a game that i would pay for anything but ill have a blast now and then..

• ShadowFox9RShadowFox9R Member Posts: 7

I'm loving the game so far. Been playing since last week. The jungle is massive and after 23 games, I'm still getting lost in that thing. I can't wait to see some of the other gods released. Every God I've played so far has had a differnt feel and doesn't feel like a rehash of an existing God.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Im confussed...The OP states DOTA 2 is better but it seems like he doesnt know much about MOBAs since I went from DOTA to LOL with little problems aside from not being able to deny and summoner spells...And I went from LoL to SMITE with no resistance as well so either theres an co op vs ai in DOTA 2 or there are just some really bad players there? idk...

Anyways! I dont understand how you can say RA is weak when he can 1 shot the whole archer group with his light beam and he has a heal AND a strong laserbeam ult o.O

Artemis is weak early game but if you get enough farm, shell have the ability to 1 v 2 or 1v3 people.  I was able to 1 v 2 the enemy artemis and the baby that turns into a giant at around the 30 minute mark.  I had solo lane and I got around 80% of the CS.

Wukong has good base stats so thats probably why you did well with him? idk...if you did well with wukong then you shouldve done well with Ra as long as you didnt go melee people or let them hit you wiht their spells too much o.o  you have a heal too!

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**