Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top ten hated MMO.

SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

We all know them, the gaming trolls, always looking for the next game to tear a new one into.

But it occured to me how a chart might look if people were being honest "out-of-the-closet-and-making-sure-everybody-knows-it-while-not-actually-admitting-it-and-attempting-to-look-like-concerned-gamers" Trolls.

I'll get the ball rolling with the first two, because I'm bored of my own post already, feel free to continue in the same vein & please try to be creative so that your post might be more interesting to read than mine, thanks.

1. Star Wars the Old Republic

Wherever you go this game seems to create a singularity of hatemongering, it's responsible for everything from 3rd world famine to global warming, your tooth-ache to overactive sweat glands on your scrotum, the decline of western civilization & the new age of shitty MMO's & pops up in threads on other games almost ten times more often than any other game right now, if hate was a measure of popularity this game would be Scarlett Johansson giving you a BJ in the back of her car & bragging about it on the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival complete with pictures.

2. World of Warcraft

Panda-hate is the new (Jack) Black, prior to SWTOR's fall-from-grace (was ever in-grace?) the Pandaren had the Trolls of the global digital cess-pit up in arms & frothing at the mouth, Blizzard don''t give a shit of course but that's never dissuaded a bit of unhealthy ignoring of the lore & history of the game's source material getting in the way of secretly loving Kung-Fu Panda & not wanting it in "my" MMO in much the same way as not wanting real beer labels in the Dwarven breweries of Azeroth, and pouring out scorn like it was water for a fire.

Comments

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

I think SWTOR and WOW probably fit in the same slot when it comes to general hate from the internet

2- Darkfall and Mortal.

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405

I know it's not really an MMO, but I think it's hard to have this conversation without Diablo 3.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

1. WoW by a country mile on this site is the most hated ever, blamed for everything.

2. SWG post NGE, if you were around these forums reasonably post NGE you would be fed up hearing about it.

3. SWTOR mostly because the whole thing was so uninspired and such a huge failure.

4 - 10 could be filled with anything

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Same as the top ten loved MMOs.

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323
    Originally posted by SlickShoes

1. WoW by a country mile on this site is the most hated ever, blamed for everything.

2. SWG post NGE, if you were around these forums reasonably post NGE you would be fed up hearing about it.

3. SWTOR mostly because the whole thing was so uninspired and such a huge failure.

4 - 10 could be filled with anything

Agreed! Saved me the time of typing it.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

Yeou mean your top ten hated mmo's?

At some point in time I hope the internet generation have grown past shitty topics like this.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• chillizchilliz Member UncommonPosts: 96

So basically you just started a thread to just show howmuch this site hates wow?  Bloody troll.

You know for a fact this site is full of trolls and twats, yet you deliebrately started a troll and flame bait thread.

• zipzapzipzap Member Posts: 123

unnecessary topic and should be closed...

doesnt bring anything usefull/intressting to discuss... unless flaming games is good?

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347

Evony is far more widely hated than loved, if only for their indefensible ad campaign.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

ITs different for everyone...

I mean Darkfall and MO would be in my top 10 best MMORPGs...

I would probally put GW2 into my top 10 hated...

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018
    Originally posted by Orphes

Yeou mean your top ten hated mmo's?

At some point in time I hope the internet generation have grown past shitty topics like this.

My post is intended as a sarcastic dig at the general population of game-hating commenters, that much I thought was obvious...

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    1 everquest
    2 swtor
    3 lotro

Everything else I tried I had some fun with. Rift while leveling was fun although the endgame and pvp sucked. War was buggy as hell but had promise if it had a decent publisher rather than ea. Wow was fun before they hired all those EQ guys about 6 months before bc and made it all raid raid raid.
  • JBieberJBieber Member Posts: 7

Warhammer for massively raising expectations that it was gonna be like DAoC and never came close. That is why I am pinning all my hopes on The Elder Scrolls online

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

My list as follows

(1) Wow - many pages i could write but that's already been covered

(2) Swtor - should have been a single player co-op, arogant devs, nothing real to do at end game

(3) Warhammer - enough said

(4) FF xiv - failed attempt, and even though they are trying to revive the game

(5) Apb failed once, failed attempt to revive it why folks play it now I don't have a clue

(6) Lotro - was great back in soa but since it went free to play and wb took them over they are clueless and greed

(7) BSG online well they claim to have 2 million subs rofl if you believe that

(8) World of tanks - why is this listed as an mmo on this site when its a game loby co-op

(9) SWG NGE - I now its way down on my list but I had a lot of fun with the game until the nge hit, swtor is a much bigger failure

(10) Hellgate

There that sums it up on how I feel, without writing tons of pages.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

I am an equal opportunity hater.  I hate all modern games equally.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

ArcheAge,i hate it so much,because I cant play it ,yet.

minitiny special extra bonus hate goes for the Repopulation for the same reason.

Let's internet

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by darwa

The thread could have ended here really.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Originally posted by Caldrin

ITs different for everyone...

I mean Darkfall and MO would be in my top 10 best MMORPGs...

I would probally put GW2 into my top 10 hated...

I agree.

GW2 is #1 for Top Hated MMO.

It can really only be loosely termed an MMO, with the gameplay segmented as it is, and no real unified world design.

GW2 easily tops WoW, and every other themepark, for EZ-mode play.  I think the euphemism being used today is "convenient".  It's a convenient game, in that everything is so streamlined, it has no soul, and requires no effort to play.

GW2 is the amalgamation of all the worst aspects of modern MMO gaming.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• BarakIIIBarakIII Member Posts: 800
    Originally posted by Vesavius
    Originally posted by darwa

The thread could have ended here really.

I agree completely.

• spadge3k00spadge3k00 Member Posts: 56

from what i have observed ppl seem to have given rift a bad time when that launched, it seems to have calmed a little bit but i guess the spotlight will go on to another shitty game when that comes out.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by Quizzical

Evony is far more widely hated than loved, if only for their indefensible ad campaign.

Is it my lord?

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

I think Lotro makes a strong caes because it is  great ip that Turbine took and tuned into horrible combat and ruined immersion for this game.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Without the opportunity to villify developers, would this board be any fun at all?

Get the torches and pitchforks, we gunna burn another'un!

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by Icewhite

Without the opportunity to villify developers, would this board be any fun at all?

Get the torches and pitchforks, we gunna burn another'un!

Well apparently when we're not in the mood to cruicify a Developer/Game, we're more than willing to lynch one of our own judging from many of the responses to the OP.

You'd think it was beyond their ability to not respond to threads they are not interested in or find unworthy to be part of the internet.

I can think of a no more useless response than "this is a troll thread and should be closed" 

Heck, if you feel that strongly report it and move on, no commentary necessary.

Leave the posting to those of us who enjoy forum PVP in all of its highest (and lowest) forms.

Edit, darn, got off topic, back to the OP.

It would be a tough list to create since every game is hated by someone, especially here on these forums.

Sure, SWTOR and WOW are right at the top, but mostly because so many people have played them.  You might say DF or MO, but really, how many folks have actually spent time playing them, fewer than actually post negatively about them I'm sure. (in fact, I'm one of those sort of negative posters)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• comrademariocomrademario Member Posts: 98
    Originally posted by spadge3k00

from what i have observed ppl seem to have given rift a bad time when that launched, it seems to have calmed a little bit but i guess the spotlight will go on to another shitty game when that comes out.

I think Rift set themselves up for that and fully deserved it with their anti-WoW ad campaign

What's that Wire quote? Something like: "If you come for the king you'd better make sure to shoot straight"

Well Rift was shot so far wide it almost came back around and blew their face off