Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: New Patch Arrives

Comments

• VaultarVaultar Member Posts: 339

Lol posts like this make me more happier and happier that i chose not to buy D3 despite being a huge fan of D1 and D2 (some of the best gaming memories ever!).

Can't wait for TL2 <3

Looking forward to EQL and EQN.

• halojahaloja Member Posts: 4

Are ppl still playing this instead of PoE or TQ?

• ragnarrogragnarrog Member Posts: 16

no one likes it. 6 millions buy it. meh...

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Are people still playing TQ? :p I never did finish that game.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311
    Originally posted by sazabi

out of all comments 90% are idiotic whining.

1. same thing over and over again? just like every game in this genre. you knew what you were buying, they didnt promise anything more in that regard. its like buying multiplayer only first person shooter and expecting story for no reason at all.

2. easier blacksmithing:

lets say you spend 50k upgrading and 50k to get a RANDOM item. or... you can go to auction house and pay 10k for a specific item. blacksmithing was pointless, period. anyone with a little bit of sense knows that, which means in this case - everyone here are speaking bullshit.

3. oh easier game! if you actually played the game you would understand that patch log actually is more confusing than you think. melee classes suffer from survival issues a lot, attack speed makes them even harder (due to most of their survival coming from life on hit items). so some things got harder, some - easier. you dont have to be genius to get that.

4. 20 comments and no one commented the actual retarded change - magic find not working on environmental items like chests, bodies etc. so since you didnt notice this change in a game that revolves around finding items... well.... ;)

5. dumbing down difficulty vs omfg blizzard greedy bastards:

on one hand people are whining that you have to have insane ammounts of gold to get proper gear for act 2, and items proper for that act only drop in act 3-4, which means youll have to use the auction house, filling blizzards pockets...

on other hand blizz now kinda removes (or atleast lessens) this issue.... and people are still whining.

6. gold, ah,  repair costs:

so since you can now finally find items that you can wear... youll have to spend less gold on AH. so that gold still retains some value its now gonna be a repair cost sink. how is this whole thing COMBINED a bad thing?

7. 'no ammount of skill is gonna beat enrage timer without gear'.

as much as it hurts me, diablo series and actually most hack and slash games were never about actual skill. you would only be challenged in pvp. is that a bad thing? not exactly, without putting artifical difficulty stuff most games are easy unless you have to play against real players.

conclusion: im not saying diablo 3 is perfect, but some people fail to see the real issues.

blaming diablo for things that are either genre specific or exists in countless other games.

unfinished auction interface (since you have to consider more than 3 attributes later in the game, 3 attribute limit is insanely ret#arded etc), insanely cliche storyline (pretty sure anyone could figure out the story from the first lore announcement), no build variety (too many must have skills resulting in 1-2 builds for late game at best), class imbalance, outdated graphics here and there (still rather pretty, but some things like cutscenes that use in game engine... bleh) etc

Don't bring logic in here. This is an anti-Blizzard zone and logic don't fly here.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by crysent

Played through this game on normal mode...started playing nightmare and then realized...WTF is the point?  haven't turned it on since then..Just can't find it in me to replay the same game over and over in hopes of getting better gear each time.

This. I got bored with it too.  Back to Skyrim... at least that one has replay value. /shrug

Yep because a game that offers almost complete content randomization has zero replay value...

To the person you quoted, "WTF is the point" At that point of the game you're still leveling. Thats the point to level and become stronger to finally survive and then dominate Inferno mode.

As for my thoughts on the topic. This patch fixed a ton of my problems with the game so im happy.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

Originally posted by xenogias
    Originally posted by demonic87
    Originally posted by Suzie_Ford

Man repair costs are bringing back nightmares of Diablo 1 after every dungeon cleared. :) I used to have 2 sets of gear so when stuff was damaged beyond what I could fix, I didn't have to go nekkid. :D

Props to blizzard for being smart, they decrease the amount of gold you have in a ploy to get you to buy things on the RMAH.

Its not really smart though. Its giving them a bad name at least in smaller groups. I still havent found to many media types willing to call Blizzard out on anything they do.

In my case I have a group of about 20 friends that stopped playing D3 today. Some of them used the RMAH most of us didnt other than to sell stuff. None of us cared about class nerfs, item nerfs, ect. What we caredabout is every damn time they do a patch they do SOMETHING to reduce how well you can farm for gold or items thus at least TRYING to force people to the RMAH. Alof of people though (I cant believe me and my friends are the only smart ones) see this BS and just stop playing.

Trying to force people to the RMAH with a broken game is just plain stupid.  Yea, there are stupid people who think Blizzard does no wrong but a fair amount are smarter than they think. Unfortunatly untill people get smarter OR Media outlets like this start calling blizzard out on shady busness practices nothing will change....except some of us have written Blizzard off as a game company to pay attention to.

Wth are you talking about? You can farm your own gear now. Don't need the AH or lame gold farming exploits anymore.

• DestructhorDestructhor Member Posts: 88
    @sazabi thank you for writing what I was thinking, you should repost that on the patch notes on the official website. Major shit storm over there...
  • iamrtaiamrta Member UncommonPosts: 165

Don't despair my friends. There is hope amongst the exiled.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188
    Originally posted by Jimmydean
    Originally posted by Mephster

Well here goes another game to the recycle bin. They pretty much have destroyed this game now. Going to start hitting up Path of Exile more often now.

D3 and GW2 gonna be getting cozy, collecting dust on the shelf later this year when ffxiv 2.0 goes live =)

It just might, we'll see though!

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

Can't wait till TL and PoE release!

All the whiners will move over and whine at those games, ahhah

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188
    Originally posted by StarI

Can't wait till TL and PoE release!

All the whiners will move over and whine at those games, ahhah

Doubt it because POE and TL2 are doing things the right way. The things that gamers love and want in action rpgs.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    Originally posted by namelessbob

New patch arrives. Final nail in the coffin for the bad game. Glad they yet again continue to nerf the shit out of stuff without correcting balance or gameplay.

Bioware had to nerf the game to keep all the FaceBook gamers who drop into and play  Diablo 3 interested ;-)

• werewoodwerewood Member Posts: 76

Deleted D3, as I realized that its an insult with its repeatable content (lack of content!), grind and AH/cash shop.

• uidCausticuidCaustic Member Posts: 128

I was really hoping D3 would hold me over till GW2.

At least I got some neat decor for the house in the collectors edition.

• jessie360jessie360 Member Posts: 65

OH NOES DOOM AND GLOOM!

Wait, how many units has Blizzard shipped and sold so far?

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

Good luck to TL and PoE achieving anything similar! ;)

• Originally posted by Dawnbr3aker

why make it easier? is there that many whiners already? How many little kids play this game? what a waste 60$

They didn't make it easier. They actually made the game exponentially more difficult.

• Originally posted by jessie360

OH NOES DOOM AND GLOOM!

If you don't count their first week/pre-sale they have been doing horribly. The first week/pre-sales don't count because they are hype and they are not releasing the number of refunds they have given. You go by sustained sales they are not doing very well at all now that the word is out that the game is as bad as Duke Nukem Forever.

• IrusIrus Member Posts: 774

You go by sustained sales they are not doing very well at all now that the word is out that the game is as bad as Duke Nukem Forever.

Source?

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by Jimmydean
    Originally posted by Mephstern ffxiv 2.0 goes live =)

lol

• SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920

I've actually gone back and picked up Torchlight again. Better game, less hassle.

Now, I'm just waiting for Torchlight II.

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

right now i cant stand the D3 general forums makes mmorpg's look like bliss.

the game is fun in so many levels- but people complain if its too easy and people will complain if its too hard.

its the 'goldie locks' syndrome with every patch in a game.

what is mostly disturbinbg about this gamin community= all the 'cheap shot ' name calling to Jay W.

the voice of uneducated kids  who are clueless about runing a business -posting hateful things about a person just shows these people have no clue about shows their credibility in a game.

and unfortunately they are the most vocal.

Originally posted by zymurgeist
    Originally posted by Z3R01

Wth are you talking about? You can farm your own gear now. Don't need the AH or lame gold farming exploits anymore.

i haven't had time to play through inferno since the patch. Has it smoothed out that much?

Yeah its much better. Damage is less spikey and mobs have less health. Its still a challege but you wont get two shot.

The loot is also much better I looted a couple Act4 type items that upgraded me right up. Im now farming later Act 2 and early Act 3. 

Fyi: Bosses are much harder. Its not an issue for me as a barb but it may be trouble for the more squishy classes.

Originally posted by jessie360

OH NOES DOOM AND GLOOM!

If you don't count their first week/pre-sale they have been doing horribly. The first week/pre-sales don't count because they are hype and they are not releasing the number of refunds they have given. You go by sustained sales they are not doing very well at all now that the word is out that the game is as bad as Duke Nukem Forever.

HEY blizzard!!!!! You got the message bros?!?!? The first 6+ million units sold didnt mean anything... THat's right thats not real money you're rolling around and diving into like scrooge mcduck.