Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gathering

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

In my trial (and during the beta) I absolutely became a big fan of the Gathering system, those random buffs add so much more fun, its like opening little presents all the time.

But at level 20 the health regeneration buff from mining is the difference for my warrior in green garbage armor between being good and great. Isn´t that to much power for a random buff?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• KiyonoriKiyonori Member UncommonPosts: 70

I've never really noticed the buffs too much, when you stack hp regen crystals and mp regen crystals you never have any down-time when hub hopping to the cap.

It gets slower and slower to gather as you advance to new zones with new materials to the point where you won't (or at least I don't) gather as much as it takes far too long to gather and sometimes the RNG can be cruel even if it is con'd as Easy. At this point I gather just enough to cap myself for that particular material type so I'll have an easier time of it in the next tier.

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

Depending on where you are questing/grinding and gathering, those buffs do come in mighty handy and they can carry you through packs of mobs, but if resources become scarce in the area you're farming, the short timer on those buffs can also become quite the reason to panic, if you find yourself knee-deep in roaming BAMs.

I'm discovering interesting things about those buffs all the time.  I've noticed that if I have the buff that increases my Gathering Success by 10 per stack, and I have 4 stacks (the maximum), I seem to get better drops as well.  This could just be coincidence and a random RNG in my favor, but it's happened more than once now.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

In my trial (and during the beta) I absolutely became a big fan of the Gathering system, those random buffs add so much more fun, its like opening little presents all the time.

But at level 20 the health regeneration buff from mining is the difference for my warrior in green garbage armor between being good and great. Isn´t that to much power for a random buff?

For questing at lower levels yeah it makes it alot easier but it tends to be less so at later levels (esp in the lv54+ area's).  I found myself not even bothering with gathering when i was group questing.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

At lower levels I also loved gathering and always relied on it for buffs, especially when trying to solo BAMs, later on you phase it out though as it becomes less useful and more of a chore.

At 60 before I fight some BAMs or a worldboss I just put in my HP regen crystals, buy some greater charms and pop a crit scroll. All my gathering skills are also 300/300 so I don't care to gather at all anymore.

Each gathering skill you max out gives you a cosmetic head ornament, a glowing orb for elements, a flower for plants and a halo for mining.