Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Wushu: E3 2012 Preview

2»

Comments

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by gaeanprayer
    Originally posted by RebelScum99

I was initially following this game...riiiiiight up until I saw how much money was being spent in the item malls in the Asian version. I highly recommend anyone interested in this game do a bit of research in that direction, what you find is going to make your jaw hit the floor. 

No offense, but who gives a shit?  What the Asian version of the game has is in no way a direct correlation to what the Westernized version will have as far as cash shop items are concerned.  Until we get specific details on that type of thing to make me question the F2P system the Western audience will have, I'm not going to concern myself with it.  As far as I'm concerned, the asian version and the Western version will be two totally different games.  

As far as you're concerned, is irrelevant. What the game is or isn't has absolutely nothing to do with you and what you'd prefer, so that sentence and your stance makes absolutely no sense what so ever. While it's true that an item mall in the East may not make its way to the West in its current incarnation, until said otherwise, that's the only example you have to go on. Ignoring that isn't intelligent, it's burying your head in the sand and hoping the bad things will just go away if you ignore it long enough. Also, as cash shop items haven't been discussed in the US version yet, what you said prior is also incorrect, you have no way of knowing just how comparable the NA's cash shop will be to its eastern counterpart. Over-priced cash shops aren't alien enough on our side of the world to just blithely ignore the chance that more will pop up (Allods, EVE, anything from Nexon/PW, etc).

You may not want to concern yourself with it, but others prefer to educate themselves about the things they're considering playing before getting excited about it. A red flag is a red flag, until specifically proven otherwise.

http://news.mmosite.com/content/a/2012-06-08/age_of_wushu_sells_215000_usd_worth_of_items_in_chinese_obt.shtml

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2079095/Chinese-man-spends-16-000-sword-virtual-martial-arts-game.html

Granted people spend tons of money on dumb shit all the time *stares at D3* and that doesn't necessarily mean everyone else who plays the game will have to do the same, but it is still relevant, and naive to say otherwise.

I spent $750 trying to get a zodiac pet in BoI and over 1k getting my final soul gear set upgraded so dropping a few grand in this game wont be a big deal, but I guess some people dont have that kind of mney to spend, so this game isnt for them.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Originally posted by Nefera

Never mind, checked the fields on the links, and they are as follows: cell phone number, number for text messages, password, confirm password, real name, ID number.

Thanks.  That's pretty much what I thought, but guess I misunderstood what mmosite was saying.  Seemed to imply anyone could register, but that's not the case, without a chinese mobile number and id number.  Guess I have to wait for the westernized version, to see if its even worth waiting for.  Hope they don't butcher it too much.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• NeferaNefera Member Posts: 426
    Originally posted by fascism
    Originally posted by RebelScum99

I was initially following this game...riiiiiight up until I saw how much money was being spent in the item malls in the Asian version. I highly recommend anyone interested in this game do a bit of research in that direction, what you find is going to make your jaw hit the floor. 

No offense, but who gives a shit?  What the Asian version of the game has is in no way a direct correlation to what the Westernized version will have as far as cash shop items are concerned.  Until we get specific details on that type of thing to make me question the F2P system the Western audience will have, I'm not going to concern myself with it.  As far as I'm concerned, the asian version and the Western version will be two totally different games.  

As far as you're concerned, is irrelevant. What the game is or isn't has absolutely nothing to do with you and what you'd prefer, so that sentence and your stance makes absolutely no sense what so ever. While it's true that an item mall in the East may not make its way to the West in its current incarnation, until said otherwise, that's the only example you have to go on. Ignoring that isn't intelligent, it's burying your head in the sand and hoping the bad things will just go away if you ignore it long enough. Also, as cash shop items haven't been discussed in the US version yet, what you said prior is also incorrect, you have no way of knowing just how comparable the NA's cash shop will be to its eastern counterpart. Over-priced cash shops aren't alien enough on our side of the world to just blithely ignore the chance that more will pop up (Allods, EVE, anything from Nexon/PW, etc).

You may not want to concern yourself with it, but others prefer to educate themselves about the things they're considering playing before getting excited about it. A red flag is a red flag, until specifically proven otherwise.

http://news.mmosite.com/content/a/2012-06-08/age_of_wushu_sells_215000_usd_worth_of_items_in_chinese_obt.shtml

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2079095/Chinese-man-spends-16-000-sword-virtual-martial-arts-game.html

Granted people spend tons of money on dumb shit all the time *stares at D3* and that doesn't necessarily mean everyone else who plays the game will have to do the same, but it is still relevant, and naive to say otherwise.

I spent $750 trying to get a zodiac pet in BoI and over 1k getting my final soul gear set upgraded so dropping a few grand in this game wont be a big deal, but I guess some people dont have that kind of mney to spend, so this game isnt for them.

If you feel you've got too much money on your hands, I can certainly provide you with a bank account number where you can send the excess. ;)

• ShadowVlicanShadowVlican Member UncommonPosts: 158

i'll be watching this... i'm glad more MMOs are moving towards true combat action