Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: I Want More

13»

Comments

• WolfynsongWolfynsong Member Posts: 237
    Originally posted by David North

There is one thing that really did bum me out though.  While exploring the lands of Tyria, each step revealed more and more of the many beautiful landscapes ArenaNet created. Time passes and I’m having a lot of fun, and then it happens.  I think I’m about to enter a new area, but a big old red slash is through the gateway, and my adventure comes to an end.  My thirst for exploring isn’t quenched, but I didn’t have anything else to explore, or so I thought.

This is exactly what happened to me, and it is precisely why I support having a slight boost to the experience rate - so that when you get there, there is no red slash.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Originally posted by Alot

Originally posted by Zeno89

Originally posted by RizelStar

Originally posted by Zeno89 I'm just so confused by all these posts about people loving GW2... I found it so stale and boring... WHAT AM I MISSING HERE! lol
    Common Sense
    Seems to me you could use some, if you think me finding a stale game stale means I have no common sense. You are simply being fooled, it won't take you long to realize this is the same crap you see in every other MMO, but with a new disguise.

That is if you have common sense, anyway.

Is it possible that because the majority of the people who played this "stale" game found it fun, that it actually is fun and isn't stale? Is it possible that your opinion shouldn't be regarded as fact?

The SWTOR fanboys used to say the same thing.  

• David_NorthDavid_North Member Posts: 1

The game wouldn't let me throw in 2 of the same item.  Not sure if they have plans to change any recipes in the future before release.  Might be cool to throw in multiples of the same item to get one that was stronger

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948
    Originally posted by RebelScum99
    Originally posted by Alot

Originally posted by RizelStar

Originally posted by Zeno89 I'm just so confused by all these posts about people loving GW2... I found it so stale and boring... WHAT AM I MISSING HERE! lol
    Common Sense
    Seems to me you could use some, if you think me finding a stale game stale means I have no common sense. You are simply being fooled, it won't take you long to realize this is the same crap you see in every other MMO, but with a new disguise.

That is if you have common sense, anyway.

Is it possible that because the majority of the people who played this "stale" game found it fun, that it actually is fun and isn't stale? Is it possible that your opinion shouldn't be regarded as fact?

The SWTOR fanboys used to say the same thing.  

Fortunately, I'm not a SW:TOR fanboy. 

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

I feel the same way, after you play a game that you really enjoy, you just dont look at other games the same way again.

Please sir...can I have some more??

• Poison_AdelePoison_Adele Member CommonPosts: 287

BWE2 was some of the most fun I've had in gaming, ever. Some really cool experiences and I can't wait to jump into the game post-release.

Haters gonna hate, and miss out. Let them miss out. 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

I'd rather have none thanks.

• LavecLavec Member UncommonPosts: 43

Guild Wars had 6 BWEs (monthly as well) before release so if GW2 follows suit we are looking at a November release. That's my prediction anyway.

• xxantiheroxxxxantiheroxx Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Originally posted by Wolfynsong
    Originally posted by David North

There is one thing that really did bum me out though.  While exploring the lands of Tyria, each step revealed more and more of the many beautiful landscapes ArenaNet created. Time passes and I’m having a lot of fun, and then it happens.  I think I’m about to enter a new area, but a big old red slash is through the gateway, and my adventure comes to an end.  My thirst for exploring isn’t quenched, but I didn’t have anything else to explore, or so I thought.

This is exactly what happened to me, and it is precisely why I support having a slight boost to the experience rate - so that when you get there, there is no red slash.

The red slash has nothing to do with your level, it just means that the area was closed off for beta. 

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

ill say by september.. but it can probably come nov or even dec. if they want it too  still we all gonna wait till they sad it want it or not

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

David is obviously very taken with GW2 beta weekends, but the problem with PvP is that is is very unbalanced between classes, and I think ArenaNet would need to balance better if they want to avoid going down the route of WAR. Yes, WvW looks interesting, but if you played it in-depth as is then you would realize that imbalances mean it isn;t a challenge, you could predict the game outcome by the input of what type of players were going in. I actually think GW2 is a bit of a mess, and ArenaNet are going to struggle to tie everything up into a polished product this year. 

• Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421

I am satisfied with what I see sofar, I'm willing to take it as is while looking forward to bigger and better updates to come. I love anticipation... However, I would like to at least have a release date now, please...

• XPraetorianXXPraetorianX Member CommonPosts: 107

Agree 100% Best MMO I have played in a long time. Play Dayz in the mean time. Awesome devs Rocket is constantly updating the hell out of this game. Full loot pvp and once you die you are DONE have to re roll. Zombie AI has been improved big time and its still in Alpha. I died to thirst after running from some bandits deep into the woods lol cause I was out of ammo.  Fun solo better with friends.

• Skyy_HighSkyy_High Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 138
    Originally posted by jeremyjodes

Another themepark that will suffer to the whiners and folks who give Anet to much credit. you guys get to excited about these games. it will be a good game but won't save this dying stale on rails genre.

Oh well, just my opinion might be a Wow killer for all I know.

You know what's stale? The "it's a themepark so it's boring and just like every other themepark ever made," mantra that's so popular on this site. Some people...scratch that, MOST people like themeparks to some degree, and by "themeparks" I mean "a world filled with developer-created goals". That definition covers most games, actually. Themeparks and sandboxes are so different that to group them into one genre at this point is nuts. People who like themeparks will play themeparks. People who like sandboxes will play sandboxes. Some people will play both. Just stop with the absolutely banal "lol another themepark, dead genre is dead" comments. 

@Illyssia: If the biggest problem with PvP is class balance, that's a damn good sign. The game's in beta and skills and traits are in constant flux, but if the underlying mechanics are so good that class balance stands out as the biggest problem, they've got a damn fine game there. Class balance isn't something you just "fix" and are done with; it's an ongoing process that they're going to constantly work on after release, just like every other MMO out there. 
  • kaguhoOkaguhoO Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by werewood

I am with you man. I had the same experience. And I think they can finally give us a release date. This BWE was at least for me better than most post release runs with other games. One thing though I think that dynamic events can be made more dynamic ... or even CHAOTIC. they need to add more sub events in a single area that work with each other. Just my 2cp.

http://werewood.wordpress.com/

no

graphics are still horrible..they need to polish more

• chryseschryses Member UncommonPosts: 1,453
    Originally posted by MattVid

I'm just so confused by all these posts about people loving GW2... I found it so stale and boring... WHAT AM I MISSING HERE! lol

A brain and MMO gaming experience. The 3 faction PvP alone is enough to keep me busy for months. I also enjoyed the exploratory aspects of the game, and the more action oriented game play feeling. Plus, I can login and play it whenever I want, and not have to worry about a subscription.

To me, it is basically a no brainer purchase, like BF3 or any single player game ... I can just get on and play it, whenever I want. I don't have to worry about forking out 15 bucks just to check it out or enjoy myself when I want to. That is the beauty of it.

Exactly how I feel.  If I was paying a sub for this game I would probably hesitate as I can't play a lot.  But its a no brainer as far as I am concerned. Pay one off fee and play when you want and how you want.  If I get bored I know I can take a month break and come back to it fresh.

• RinkieRinkie Member Posts: 19

Yes, I totally agree!

IF I were playing (doing my own thing) a flash on the screen would state,  An altercartion in progress's or something like that. so, one may join!  Remember, there is no stealing of XP or the such. We all work as a team!

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Originally posted by madjonNZ

The PvE game was good fun, amazing designs and a real feel alive atmoshphere. The NPC's calling you over to them and then offering you quests is refreshing.

I had a really good time BUT the WvW was insane! I was on Divinity Coast server. - I was part of all sorts of things that happened - Zerg groups, 2 on 2 type pvp,  but the carefully orchestrated attacks or defenses were what made WvW really shine.  The biggets battle i was in had  players fighting with ballistas, arrow carts, trebuchets, canons and massive amounts of people  fighting inbetween. Hats off to Fort Aspenwood and Sea of sorrows.

stop telling storyyy omg .by reading this i remember myself playing in wvw and now i want to play so much ,,,nooooo damit, lol

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• RinkieRinkie Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by Skyy_High
    Originally posted by jeremyjodes

Another themepark that will suffer to the whiners and folks who give Anet to much credit. you guys get to excited about these games. it will be a good game but won't save this dying stale on rails genre.

Oh well, just my opinion might be a Wow killer for all I know.

You know what's stale? The "it's a themepark so it's boring and just like every other themepark ever made," mantra that's so popular on this site. Some people...scratch that, MOST people like themeparks to some degree, and by "themeparks" I mean "a world filled with developer-created goals". That definition covers most games, actually. Themeparks and sandboxes are so different that to group them into one genre at this point is nuts. People who like themeparks will play themeparks. People who like sandboxes will play sandboxes. Some people will play both. Just stop with the absolutely banal "lol another themepark, dead genre is dead" comments. 

@Illyssia: If the biggest problem with PvP is class balance, that's a damn good sign. The game's in beta and skills and traits are in constant flux, but if the underlying mechanics are so good that class balance stands out as the biggest problem, they've got a damn fine game there. Class balance isn't something you just "fix" and are done with; it's an ongoing process that they're going to constantly work on after release, just like every other MMO out there. 

Dark Age of Camelot gave in to the whiners! Tis why everyone is leaving, That, and all the cheater/scam  programs out there! DAoC WAS a great game at one time....

I just wish a UI would be somewhat realistic instead of a WoW game.... People that like that look, stay at WoW...