Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MechWarrior Online: Operation Inception Founder's Program Sale

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Fans of MechWarrior Online will want to check out today's sale on the "Operation Inception Founder's Program. Both the Legendary and Elite Versions are on sale and include some wicked incentives to buy including in-game currency, battle mechs, permanent titles and more. The Legendary program is coming in at $120 with the Elite program at $60.

$120 LEGENDARY Founder's Package Includes:
  • All 4 exclusive “Founder's BattleMechs.” These Mechs include a lifetime, per-match C-Bill booster.
  • $80 value of in-game currency* for in-game item purchases.
  • Three-month premium account to MechWarrior Online at launch: Earn XP & C-Bills faster.
  • Founder's Tag - sets your status apart from the crowd & get noticed in-game and on the forums.
  • Game credits – The player’s name included as one of the “Legendary” in the MechWarrior Online game credits.
  • Early access to the game along with Founder's assets availability starts August 7th.

Find out more on the MechWarrior Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688

There is also a 30 dollar package as well but it doesn't come with a founder mech.  I bought the elite package.  I've been a battletech fan since childhood and am really excited about Mechwarrior Online, especially since standard MMORPG's are now nothing but worthless, boring, grindy WoW clones. 

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• Iced0verIced0ver Member Posts: 49

Yes, I got the email. Honestly, for what they offer the prices seem excessive. I signed up a long time ago for MWO and I have been playing the series for a long time, I shoudn't have to pay to get a founder title. I realize I'm paying for the game as well with the purchase (right?) but I still feel like I'm not getting much bang for the buck, especially at 120.

P.S. Your link isn't working for me.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    It seemed a little pricey to me too. I would need to know the difference between the paid and free accounts. I would not want to pay for a power advantage, but a real time saver might be worth it.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Fixed the link!

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183
    Originally posted by MikeB

Fixed the link!

404'd

Working now :)

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

They need to invite me into Beta before they get any money from me.

Try before Buy. :)

I'll not make that mistake TWICE, with any future game.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• GillyadcerilGillyadceril Member Posts: 1

LINK STILL BROKEN

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Jessina

They need to invite me into Beta before they get any money from me.

Try before Buy. :)

I'll not make that mistake TWICE, with any future game.

^ This. 

Reserved mech name what 7-8 months ago, registered for Beta on Day 1, never received Beta invite.  Maybe they should ask their "friends and family" Beta members to pay.

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

:/ ehhh unless you  tried it and  know its fun dont watse your cash unless you have a lot of it

• neveserneveser Member UncommonPosts: 21

Linky still broken! :(

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by neveser

Linky still broken! :(

Link works, the server traffic is probably off the charts.

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555

WOOHOO Got the Elite package! Can't wait for this game to come out!! Been playing since I was a little kid. We used to make photo copies of the maps because we couldn't afford to buy more and we wanted BIGGER MAPS! RAWR! We would have half the house covered in maps with hand crafted terrain. ZOMG!!!! To all the haters I have two letters for you Q and Q.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• ElijarhElijarh Member UncommonPosts: 84

Loved MW4 and all Mech games, I will get eventually ,but  I'm never getting sucked into the "Pre-order hype machine-pay now for nothing" of a Mmo ever again.. Too many big dissapointments in recent past.. Was a founder of LOTRO.. That title was forgotten about within a week. Pre ordered TOR CE...Lasted 24 days... Will just wait to see how it develops few months down the line.. :)

• Ex0dUs101Ex0dUs101 Member UncommonPosts: 273

Asking prices like that honestly has me worried. Im a big Mechwarrior fan, I cant wait to play, but im not sure if this all screams 'were confident our game is really that good', or 'what can we do to minimise damage'.

With what weve seen in the MMO industry these past years im unfortunately not willing to take that chance right now.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I dont have an issue with the prices they are asking at the end of the day you dont have to pay if you dont want to. Just wait for the game to be released. :)

Your getting in game cash and premium access as well as other things so not a ba deal really..

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

I can't believe people still fall for this over and over again. Kick the ball, Charlie Brown!

Give me liberty or give me lasers

Originally posted by Ex0dUs101

Asking prices like that honestly has me worried. Im a big Mechwarrior fan, I cant wait to play, but im not sure if this all screams 'were confident our game is really that good', or 'what can we do to minimise damage'.

With what weve seen in the MMO industry these past years im unfortunately not willing to take that chance right now.

You get more in game cash than what you pay for the elite package plus you get two months of premium which costs ~$12 per month on WoT. 

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.

• AristabulusAristabulus Member Posts: 6
    The way the whole thing is tiered, it seems a lot like "we want some of that sweet, sweet Kickstarter gravy, but we aren't in a position to use Kickstarter to get it". /two-cents
  • RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

I can't say much, but this combined with the current state of the game has me worried :(

Originally posted by Rednecksith

I can't say much, but this combined with the current state of the game has me worried :(

What do you mean "current state of the game." Don't come around with some vague insult of the game. There are plenty of beta testers that are psyched.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

3 extra custom mechs and one month of premium time for the extra $60 bucks?  Why go legendary?

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD