Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lack of pvp is what is killing this game at the moment.

baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

say what you want and how you feel about D3 but not having pvp is far and away the biggest issue with this game right now IMO

people love to compare this game to D2 as if D2 had so much more "replayability" but i honestly did not know anybody who played D2 over and over because they simply liked beating the game over and over again or liked re-rolling the same class over and over just so see what it is like using a different build.

nope, they did that to make a more efficient MF'er (so they could have better gear for pvp) or to make a new pvp build. pvp is what will keep this game going and give it the replayability it needs.

its funny that with all the complaining you see about this game, very little of it is about the main thing this game lacks.

don't get me wrong, they can still poorly implement the pvp and it wont matter much but if its done decently it will make D3 a much better long term game.

Comments

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    Originally posted by baphamet

say what you want and how you feel about D3 but not having pvp is far and away the biggest issue with this game right now IMO

people love to compare this game to D2 as if D2 had so much more "replayability" but i honestly did not know anybody who played D2 over and over because they simply liked beating the game over and over again or liked re-rolling the same class over and over just so see what it is like using a different build.

nope, they did that to make a more efficient MF'er (so they could have better gear for pvp) or to make a new pvp build. pvp is what will keep this game going and give it the replayability it needs.

its funny that with all the complaining you see about this game, very little of it is about the main thing this game lacks.

don't get me wrong, they can still poorly implement the pvp and it wont matter much but if its done decently it will make D3 a much better long term game.

True. It hasn't quite grown into it's Pay to Win shoes yet. It's just at the pay to have higher stats stage. Once PVP releases, the battle over the biggest wallet begins!

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

I respectively, I don't think pvp is going to be anything special. Usually isn't in those types of games. In D3 however, the pay to win factor is going to be big. Therefore, I won't bother.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359
    Originally posted by baphamet

pvp is what will keep this game going and give it the replayability it needs.

Exactly. I stopped playing after getting some awesome gear and beat Inferno. No motivation to get me playing.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Blizzard is killing this game at the moment.  I know i'm done with it, i uninstalled it.   The constant nerfing of anything good in that game, the Pay 2 Win model, no thanks.

Forgot to add the single setup to be able to win this game, being Main Stat+Vit+Res All.  

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Not to mention online only, rmah  and unstable servers are killing it. Did I mention gold sellers too ?

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Aori
    Originally posted by Mephster Not to mention online only, rmah  and unstable servers are killing it. Did I mention gold sellers too ?
    Lets think about this for a minute.. if the game is online its alive right? If the game goes offline its dead..? Not sure how online only would play against being alive.

As for the RMAH, eh yes kinda sorta double edge sword atm, since illegal gold transactions are letting people buy up all the gear on the GAH thats profitable to resell on the RMAH. Blizzard really needs to enable gold selling on the RMAH to fix that.

The unstable servers are killing hardcore players this I do agree with, the lag spikes that have occured over the last week have been odd.

Not sure how you can blame gold sellers, every game has them.

i think he means online only is what is getting people to not want to play anymore or not play at all (that is what i meant by what is "killing" this game, not that it is actually dying lol). i can only see that argument being valid in certain situations where the service has been down a lot for certain people.

i agree with you about the gold sellers, the more popular the game, the larger infestation of gold sellers there will be. its not rocket science people, the gold sellers are going where the money is and you will never stop them.

• TGSOLTGSOL Member Posts: 274

The only real solution to "pay 2 win" would be to have pre-set gear that you have to use when PVPing. It won't happen, of course, so we're left with "whoever can buy the best gear wins." Sad...

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    Originally posted by TGSOL

The only real solution to "pay 2 win" would be to have pre-set gear that you have to use when PVPing. It won't happen, of course, so we're left with "whoever can buy the best gear wins." Sad...

But the people that buy all of the best gear will try and tell you that it's skill.  Those will be "fun" threads on the D3 forums...

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by TGSOL

there will have to be pvp gear and stats implemented and if there isn't it will fail indeed.

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295

No, the game is dying because it sucks.

• MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689

PvP would be like it was in D2 probably, which was eh. Especially with that cash shop crap it's got going on, I was intending to pre-order till I read that and very glad I stuck to my guns after hearing all this drama over the AH.

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648

Got to hell mode than couldnt stomach it anymore. To short and linear of a game in my opinion.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

You have access to all items in the game. If you farm, you will have gear for PvP. IT's the same as in D2. OF course, you can pay for your items. I seriously doubt that most items will fetch more than couple of bucks per item especially now that 1.03 has landed and more people will complete inferno and will be able to farm for the best items. Buying anything from the AH (be it the gold or RMAH) at the moment is a ripoff.

You also don't have to use the RMAH. Of course, some people will not play the game out of principle and I understand this sentiment. I completely disagree with this and this is why I will play the game unless it ends up not being fun.

@OP, I completely agree with you.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• BanaghranBanaghran Member Posts: 869

While the OP seems to have a very limited circle of people he knows and i personally find the notion that "nobody played d2 to beat the game over and over and try out different builds" insulting, he has a point.

If you keep hard (and stupid lasher hard) inferno, you will make most of the competitive types happy, if you nerf it you will make the rest happy, but the competitive types unhappy.

The game needs more activities, it was a bad idea in wow to funnel everyone and their mother into raiding, it is a bad idea to funnel everyone into inferno as a "endgame for everybody".

After this problem is fixed, we can start talking about itemization, skill system and drops, when the interference of people like "but it cannot drop in a easy area, I PLAY FOR THE HARD AREA, I WANT IT TO DROP ONLY THERE, OTHERWISE I HAVE NO REASON TO PLAY!!!" is gone.

Flame on!

:)

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Lack of PvP is just a symptom of what really killed D3... Blizzard.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• Bushi131Bushi131 Member Posts: 62
    Originally posted by Kaynos1972

Blizzard is killing this game at the moment.  I know i'm done with it, i uninstalled it.   The constant nerfing of anything good in that game, the Pay 2 Win model, no thanks.

Forgot to add the single setup to be able to win this game, being Main Stat+Vit+Res All.  

+1 I did uninstalled it as well.

I think that all pvper should be mage since the main stat is Res all as well.

If it's all the same to all anyway, it is gonna be pay to faceroll to steamroll to nerf to flavor of the month to the next expanson, down to zero gear, losing it all, troling , playing, paying and... back to the beginning : pay to faceroll to steamroll etc....

I actually play Diablo 2 at least 4 to 5 hours a week, and i think that many people should try it again for a while.

Just to see for oneself, It's really clear that even with the lesser graphics Diablo 2 is far superior in anyways. Or at least with the drop system, it's just enjoyable and has a purpose.

• ReskaillevReskaillev Member CommonPosts: 157

they do not care --> they got your moneys and are happily swimming in it...

Why would they care about ppl playing the game now? They already bought it! Less strain on the servers = lower energy bill. And Blizzard knws ppl WILL and always WILL buy the next upcoming Diablo 3 expansion...ppl are stupid ya know. So pleasing the customers? pff that's below their status and unnecessary

Why would they finish the pvp part of this game??? because they promised? pfff Blizzard doesn't care about promises or delivering a finished product in the first place :(

You will have your Pvp shortly in an expansion pack costing a full 60 dollars! until then sucker!

"Isn't a raid plundering villages in WoW or something like that?" - Robert Desable

• WhiteD2012WhiteD2012 Member Posts: 18

Pvp might add abit of fun...for a while.....as it is now....it is mind boggling boring.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Didn't this game sell 6+ million copies?

How is that 'killing this game'? o_O

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

It does need the PvP soon, it's getting a bit tiresome just running through the game on different characters. I don't even care if it's balanced or ranked or anything it would just be a nice fun thing to do that isn't grinding mobs for terrible loot.

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Originally posted by jpnz

Because less than half than many would even consider buying any expansion now.

Blizzard has literally ruined the franchise.

• RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584

PvP means nothing. This seems like grasping straws.

Make a poll for the people if, they'd rather have 1.03 buffs to droprates or PVP. I guarantee you, it will be 5-15% (pvp) vs rest.

Also, most people (as in hardcore players, rest are garbage), tried to reach 99 without dying to TPPK hacks and such. PVP was never even a consideration. Leveling to 99 was lengthy and risky enough to create challenge.

Sure maybe softies preferred PvP, but again, what's the point? Same as in why do you even play Diablo in softcore?

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    Originally posted by AZHokie54
    Originally posted by jpnz

Because less than half than many would even consider buying any expansion now.

Blizzard has literally ruined the franchise.

So 6+ million copies + 3+ million expansion?

Since Diablo3 is still in the top 10 sales, we are talking about 10 million soon on the original game + 5 million  for the expansion.

15million copies. That is just an insane amount of copies sold.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• zipzapzipzap Member Posts: 123

diablo has never been about pvp so the lack of it can hardly kill it, right?

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    The lust for cash is d3s biggest downfall. Designing your entire game around making money from rmah commission leads to bad gameplay.