Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: I Want More

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

One of the more curious aspects of the Guild Wars 2 beta events is that it leaves players wanting more and we are no exception. Find out what it is that has us itching for the next event and then let us know what you think in the comments.

It was nice to see the game run as smooth as it did. I was able to jump into WvW and join in on some massive battles. My frame rate still dropped some, but I could actually tell what was going on. This really let me feel how addicting WvW can be. Since I could tell what was going on, I could defend myself, attack players, and assist in bringing down the fort gates. I was slightly concerned that WvW would only be playable by those who have the top of the line set ups, but seeing this amount of progress is really encouraging. I hope to see a lot more.

Read more of David North's Guild Wars 2: I Want More.

You can transform your junk into slightly better junk!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• werewoodwerewood Member Posts: 76

I am with you man. I had the same experience. And I think they can finally give us a release date. This BWE was at least for me better than most post release runs with other games. One thing though I think that dynamic events can be made more dynamic ... or even CHAOTIC. they need to add more sub events in a single area that work with each other. Just my 2cp.

http://werewood.wordpress.com/

• DfixDfix Member UncommonPosts: 238

Anet is doing it right. It's just that simple.

Vivik-Cerberus
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

Not I, I can't wait for GW2 to get released and become a thing of the past in a mere couple months as ever other predecessor before it...

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by Betaguy

Not I, I can't wait for GW2 to get released and become a thing of the past in a mere couple months as ever other predecessor before it...

Do I smell some love in the air????

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

GW2 is an absolutely amazing game, i honestly dunno if i could ever get enough of it..

There is so much to see and do that it is mind boggling, i was unaware of the mystic forge in LA even though i went there fairly often and will call that a great and welcome addition now im itching to gamble 4 junk items to try and get a better piece of junk! lol

Playing GW2..

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    Originally posted by Betaguy

Do I smell some love in the air????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNC0kIzM1Fo

Here ya go!!

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Don't hype yourself up too much, it's a good game and you can enjoy it as long as you don't burn yourself out on hype and over-playing it when it does release.

This is becoming too common of a theme.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Love that mystic forge concept. Horadric cubish. Good concept.

Sadly I don't share David's enthusiasm regarding the events and general world pve which had me yawning from boredom before I knew it. But that also has to do with combat and character movement and all kinds of other little things that prevented me to become invested in my character let alone feel affection for it.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Didnt even bother with BWE2, yet had a great time in BWE1. So I guess I am the exception.

Good game, I am looking forward to it, but it's not exactly the revolutionary OMGWTFBBQ that these rabid fans make it out to be.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

I'm jonesing for the next BWE myself, especially since I just got a brand new PC and want to see how GW2 runs on it.  TSW runs like a dream so I imagine GW2 will as well, but I still want to take it for a test drive and see the beauty of GW2 with ultra settings, whoohoo.  Only cost me $700, too.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

I actually don't want BWE I want a release date. I'm at risk of loosing interest if I play too much in beta. It happened to me in the past and I wouldn't like that with GW2.

• StellusStellus Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Eyefinity still doesn't work.
  • jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

Another themepark that will suffer to the whiners and folks who give Anet to much credit. you guys get to excited about these games. it will be a good game but won't save this dying stale on rails genre.

Oh well, just my opinion might be a Wow killer for all I know.

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    I was excited about GW2 before playing in the beta. Now I am nothing short of a GW2 zealot. Can't wait!!!
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Originally posted by jeremyjodes

Another themepark that will suffer to the whiners and folks who give Anet to much credit. you guys get to excited about these games. it will be a good game but won't save this dying stale on rails genre.

Oh well, just my opinion might be a Wow killer for all I know.

Have you even played GW2 yet?  It's NOT on rails which is just ONE in many reasons it's going to do well.  Second, unlike other recent themeparks like STO and SWTOR, the response from people after playing the beta is astoundingly positive.  I don't remember people saying they were jonesing for SWTOR or STO or CO and so on the way I hear and have said so myself, about GW2.  The game is THAT good for many of us.  Side note:  TSW is pretty good to me as well, so that's 2 games that aren't on rails in this genre, which shows me it is changing for the better.

• Zeref.DyverZeref.Dyver Member Posts: 270

Was incredibly dissapointing in my opinion. The only thing I want from ArenaNet is my money back. Game is not impressive at all, I think a lot more people will realize that after it's first week of release.

• hundejahrehundejahre Member Posts: 339

Love the game, but I may start sitting out the BWs since playing toons I know I can't keep gets a little depressing.

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657

It is already the most fun mmo out of  all of them that have come out in the last 7yrs, I can not wait for release.

I'm just so confused by all these posts about people loving GW2... I found it so stale and boring... WHAT AM I MISSING HERE! lol

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Yep I can't wait either.

• StriderXedStriderXed Member Posts: 257
    Originally posted by Stellus
    Eyefinity still doesn't work.

Sadly because nobody cares about Eyefinity.

• SomsbalSomsbal Member Posts: 222

Originally posted by Zeno89

Was incredibly dissapointing in my opinion. The only thing I want from ArenaNet is my money back. Game is not impressive at all, I think a lot more people will realize that after it's first week of release.

Then stop being an attention seeker about it and get your freaking money back. You've been moaning about it for a while now and yet i bet you probably never even bothered with trying to get your money back....

What is your refund policy?

If you pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 from buy.guildwars2.com and would like a refund prior to the game's release, please contact Customer Support.

http://support.guildwars2.com/

...although you actually need to have bought the game in the first place, if you want a refund....and it will remain a mystery if you actually did.....

I actually went through PayPal and they just deleted my claim without any explanation.

And I'm really just trying to understand what people are liking about the game, because obviously, I bought it, and I want to enjoy it... I just don't know =

But anyway I'll check that out, sure would be nice to get that money back.

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by RizelStar Originally posted by Zeno89 I'm just so confused by all these posts about people loving GW2... I found it so stale and boring... WHAT AM I MISSING HERE! lol
    Common Sense
    Seems to me you could use some, if you think me finding a stale game stale means I have no common sense. You are simply being fooled, it won't take you long to realize this is the same crap you see in every other MMO, but with a new disguise.

That is if you have common sense, anyway.

Is it possible that because the majority of the people who played this "stale" game found it fun, that it actually is fun and isn't stale? Is it possible that your opinion shouldn't be regarded as fact?

Originally posted by Alot

Originally posted by RizelStar

Originally posted by Zeno89 I'm just so confused by all these posts about people loving GW2... I found it so stale and boring... WHAT AM I MISSING HERE! lol
    Common Sense
    Seems to me you could use some, if you think me finding a stale game stale means I have no common sense. You are simply being fooled, it won't take you long to realize this is the same crap you see in every other MMO, but with a new disguise.

That is if you have common sense, anyway.

Is it possible that because the majority of the people who played this "stale" game found it fun, that it actually is fun and isn't stale? Is it possible that your opinion shouldn't be regarded as fact?

LOL what?