Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXIV 2.0 - New Screens and Concept Art

2»

Comments

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by ZizouX

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150909568522221.427907.371439107220&type=1

EDIT:

Update:  Interviews from E3

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/07/e3-2012-the-plan-for-final-fantasy-xiv-on-playstation-3

and 

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/2012/06/07/e3-2012-interview-summons-chocobos-train-tracks-and-rocks/

I think this game is visually pleasing and has it quirks the only problem i've ever had is the turn based combat system. Do they plan on eliminating the twenty moves one needs before actually attacking something? Or is that a thing of the past (as i have run out of recent material to view on yt) ? Is this a sub only game or is it F2P? What are the plans for the future of the game as far as cost?

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024

Oh wow, they want PC and PS3 to play together, but PS3 will be limited, (I wonder if that will hinder the PC? or you can go full blast on PC, but just PS3 will have lower performance?)  It seems that they also succombed to WoW's basic UI, so most people around the world can get the feel of how to control the game, despite a controller UI for console. 

2.0 Release later this year sounds good to me!  Maybe I'll help beta the thing since I never participated in such an event and actually give constructive feedback...

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357
    Originally posted by itgrowls

I think this game is visually pleasing and has it quirks the only problem i've ever had is the turn based combat system. Do they plan on eliminating the twenty moves one needs before actually attacking something? Or is that a thing of the past (as i have run out of recent material to view on yt) ? Is this a sub only game or is it F2P? What are the plans for the future of the game as far as cost?

If you're talking about the release combat, yeah, it's going to change (and has changed quite a bit). It's a sub only game, with 2 payment plans- a slightly cheaper sub fee with one character per server limitation with 8 characters to be created or the standard MMO fee with 8 characters per server and 40 characters to be created in total.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

So this is coming to PS3???? Very Cool.

I

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Originally posted by SaintPhilip

So this is coming to PS3???? Very Cool.

I

Yep. PS3 version should be around the first quarter of next year.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

FFXIV 2.0 is looking good so far, the new graphics engine also reminds me of White Knight Chronicle 

very Japanese, now i am exited once more for FFXIV

So What Now?

• ShadowzanonShadowzanon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Originally posted by TangentPoint
    Originally posted by Ranyr

Is there still a limit on quests and level/exp gain? Not that I'm one of those race to max kind of people, I enjoy the ride rather than the destination.

Being capped on quests daily is why I never bought the game, I cannot grind with no reward.

Not at all.

They removed the "surplus/fatigue" system a while back. I think it was one of the first things Yoshi did. More recently they added a rested xp bar, which accrues over time if your character is logged out in an Inn room.

They've increased the number of leves you can take over a given stretch of time up to 99. So, you can do them all day if you want, up 'til 99 of them. Then it resets every so often (I forget what the interval is at the moment, 'cause I never do them enough for it to matter to me lol).

They've added a ton more storyline quests, side quests, class quests, the newer Job quests, which will also keep you quite busy.

There's a lot to do in the game now. You'll be surprised if you haven't played it since Tanaka's days with it.

This alone is tempting me to try FF14. I did try it in open beta and was really really disappointed to all the limitations placed and some of the desisions. But reading about 2.0 and seeing the direction is going is enough to buy me back. I used to play ff11 and really was anticipating ff14 but well I felt betrayed with the desisions made.

As for SE them selves. Atleast they had the nards to allow the players to play the game for free as they repaired their mistakes. Not many companies do that.

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by aesperus
    Originally posted by Hyanmen
    Originally posted by aesperus
    but I have yet to see any game successfully accomplish such a massive overhaul post-launch.

Have you ever seen anyone even try?

Yes, yes I have. Usually the games that launch as poorly as FFXIV did are just given up on, though. The costs to fix it are high enough that it's usually more practical to just make a new game. That's not to say that, for whatever reason, SE hasn't been spending the money & time to try and salvage this game. It's looking to have come a long way from where it was, but there's no shortage of problems they needed to address to get this game to where it needs to be.

The mountain of issues XIV launched with was the reason everything that happened with the game did in the first place.

It's why Tanaka stepped down and Yoshi-P is in his place. It's why they completely re-configured the team. It's why they decided to completely rebuild a new server architecture, implement a new graphics engine, completely redesign almost all the areas, etc. etc. The mess that FFXIV was at launch is why 2.0 is being created.

Many of the problems that remain right now, or that have only had very partial/rough "band-aids" applied are due to the limitations of the game's original/current server setup, its current graphics engine, core systems developed into the current game, etc. They've been very open in explaining all this over the past many months.

They've been doing the best they can with what they have to give players a playable and more enjoyable FFXIV in its current incarnation. Meanwhile, they've been working to rebuild the game from the ground up for 2.0.

All this information has been out there, and has been discussed in articles, forums, interviews, and so forth for over a year now. Saying how all the issues FFXIV has right now "need to be addressed to get the game where it needs to be" at this point seems rather redundant. That's precisely what they've been doing by working on 2.0.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

All this information has been out there, and has been discussed in articles, forums, interviews, and so forth for over a year now. Saying how all the issues FFXIV has right now "need to be addressed to get the game where it needs to be" at this point seems rather redundant. That's precisely what they've been doing by working on 2.0.

But the point is that it should all happen instantly.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

It looks amazing, lets hope it plays amazing.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Hyanmen

But the point is that it should all happen instantly.

Yeah I guess people will have those expectations.