Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xsyon Earth 2012: Prelude: Calling All Former Players

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Xsyon team is ready to welcome back all former players when it kicks off a special weekend that precedes the upcoming Abandonment phase. The weekend will kick off on June 22nd.

Monday, June 25th, the 'Abandonment' will commence!

This will usher in a fun and chaotic phase for Xsyon players as survivors explore abandoned ruins, fight over salvaged goods and stake their claims on previously occupied lands.

In addition, all active subscribers will receive two weeks of additional free time added to their accounts on June 25th. Subscribe now to take advantage of this offer.

Find out more on the Xsyon site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• kirak2009kirak2009 Member UncommonPosts: 543

game has a lot of potential,  but not at 15 bucks a month, premium sub fee, should be knocked down to about a third and i suspect they would have a lot more players  i had fun for a couple months when i played

"All expectation leads to suffering" Buhhda

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

im surprised it hasn't gone F2P yet.

So What Now?

• KaocanKaocan Member UncommonPosts: 1,270
    Originally posted by TweFoju

im surprised it hasn't gone F2P yet.

The world of Xyson would never support the amount of players a FTP would bring in. There just isnt enough land for that. I wouldnt get my hopes up that it ever would.

(DISCLAIMER - The use of the word YOU in the above post is not directed at any one person in particular, but towards those who fall into the category itself - there is no personal attack here, neither intentional nor implied.)

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635
    Originally posted by Suzie_Ford

The Xsyon team is ready to welcome back all former players when it kicks off a special weekend that precedes the upcoming Abandonment phase. The weekend will kick off on June 22nd.

Monday, June 25th, the 'Abandonment' will commence!

This will usher in a fun and chaotic phase for Xsyon players as survivors explore abandoned ruins, fight over salvaged goods and stake their claims on previously occupied lands.

In addition, all active subscribers will receive two weeks of additional free time added to their accounts on June 25th. Subscribe now to take advantage of this offer.

Find out more on the Xsyon site.

Looked on the website and found nothing about old players being able to log in for free on the 25th.  Are you just pulling this out of your ass?  The link you have in your post just sends me to the homepage.  

Actually the homepage hasn't looked like it's been updated in over a year and even the press page hasn't seen an update in 6 months.  

I didn't read anything about this on the forums either.

To bad, I kinda wanted to check this game out.

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

It's stated in the forum about returning players logging in this weekend for free. I couldn't find an ad or banner or what not.  I did recieve an email from the developers telling me the same thing. I forgot about it until I read this article so i think I will download and check it out. See how it's progressed since last April or so.

So..no..this info is not being pulled out of anyone's ass.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

This game is just not worth a premium sub fee.  It is barely in beta phase.  It could be a decent game if they ever finish it.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

This game is just not worth a premium sub fee.  It is barely in beta phase.  It could be a decent game if they ever finish it.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697

Paying subscription fee for this? No, thank you, I'd rather return to FFXIV or EVE and pay them.

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Still scared to fire up a trial server and let new players that haven't given you any money play the game first hand I see.

Joined - July 2004

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635
    Originally posted by remyburke

Still scared to fire up a trial server and let new players that haven't given you any money play the game first hand I see.

This is quit possibly the only MMO listed on mmorpg.com that's buggier than Mortal Online..

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Zekiah
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

image It's an incredible concept and it has some really engaging features but it is very far from a release state.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

saying that, i am actually pretty interested to see what the world looks like now

So What Now?

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

cool game

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053
    I sub'd for 5 month to give the Devs some support. But, being unable to actually navigate around the lake in one sitting... without getting killed by rabbit, or an error.. or stuck. only to log in back where i started.

basically played for 5 month starting from the exact starting point every time i log on..? The game doesnt save where u log out.. so i cancelled my sub. i made zero progress exploring that world.

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

I am all for a sub model for this game, but yeah, they need to drop the asking price.

Client at this stage needs to go free and the sub after trial around £5/ month.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

It's like playing a sub fee to play minecraft.

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

besides the countless buggs which are basic stuff like "fullscreen crash" ...This game has not purpose.Its a game that has absolutely no purpose, no goal, not ONE direction...

This was promoted as a free world that is shaped by the people....But when there are NO PEOPLE in it...What do the soloers do? Dig? How long? Dig for 2-3-4 months?

Even when there were enough people...what happened was this. Tens of tribes created..most players DID NOT develop all of their skills...they just shared their 1-2 skills each and created anything their tribe village wanted..So within days there was a whole complete village made...And all its members..looking at eachother...without knowing what to do next....

THIS GAME LACKS PURPOSE! WAKE UP..DONT JUST STAND ON THE TECHNICAL SIDE..

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135

This game is awesome sandbox frame for something... that is missing. I'm so sorry to say this but that something is missing. Being hunting zombies, conquering territory, rebuilingd the world.... it's MISSING.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• nutsoddsnutsodds Member Posts: 89

I heard once some comment  saying "this game will be awesome in two years".

One year is gone :) ,now totem decay will start in two weeks and revenants should come. Lots of abandoned tribes with buildings full of items, bins,resources that can be claimed. Other players killing those that got the rewards.....,As I see it sounds quite amusing and exciting!!.  At this point I think  the game might finish "the Prelude" phase and change to the next one, right?

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by nutsodds

I heard once some comment  saying "this game will be awesome in two years".

One year is gone :) ,now totem decay will start in two weeks and revenants should come. Lots of abandoned tribes with buildings full of items, bins,resources that can be claimed. Other players killing those that got the rewards.....,As I see it sounds quite amusing and exciting!!.  At this point I think  the game might finish "the Prelude" phase and change to the next one, right?

Unless things have changed recently, there's never been a shortage of anything in game. If anything, once you're ina guild, you have everything you could possibly need pretty quickly. I was in Apache for a short while (AWESOME group of people) and the main reason i stopped playing is because there was nothing anyone really needed from my character and there was nothing my character was lacking. While the initial landgrab might be fun for a day, there 'exciting' part is gone by day two and you're back to exactly where you were before.

From what I've seen of the game so far, creating a PVE RP server with consensual guild wars would probably result in a surprisingly populated server. At that point the game shifts to more of a virtual world and toy than an MMO PVP game, giving it purpose as a social and creative environment.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre