Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll - Will you pre-order?

12346»

Comments

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

1st..no I dont think so.. 

2nd, have you read some of these replys? People that have said "NO" they are not going to buy it are being called names. haha

Yeah I think I will pass.. 

The game was fun.. was not finished and like so many others getting tossed out and .. got to wonder what people are thinking when they give up there hard earned money for an unfinished MMO.  And you don't hear any of what alls going to be fixed at launch...no you hear it from those that are going to PAY. In game chat "that will all be fixed at launch'" yet asked where Funcom says that.. pin drop..

There is no other MMO out there that fixed things like what TSW needs in less then 1 month before launch. 

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by Sameer1979

Already pre ordered. Anyone else noticed how everyone with GW2 sig has something bad to say about TSW? lol 

This website has some of the most hardcore GW2 fans who would play nothing but GW2 and trash everything else.

I own GW2 already.    I'll be getting this too.    They're not the same kind of game.  

I know quite a few of my GW2 guild-mates will be playing this game too.    Not all of them.  Some aren't interested.   Some didn't like it.   But a good number will.

So, there's your counter-anecdote to your anecdote.   Neither of which proves a single thing but that people can use anecdotes to support positions. 

• ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546

As a veteran gamer, I am really enjoying this game in Beta. a lot are complaining about animation and combat but after all it is BETA. This game has lots of mechanics us older gamers love and I will be preordering for sure. The puzzles in the game are somewhat difficult but make a great challenge. This game will not be liked by the younger WOW crowd.. that is already being seen in chat during the Beta.

Sorry to say but we will miss that crowd..Amen

• tersaguntersagun Member UncommonPosts: 11

Already pre-ordered/pre-purchased for 35$ ;-)

For that price, it's worth trying me thinks.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990
    Originally posted by MosesZD

Ouch.    You see the problem is, it's goes to google and YOU the player are supposed to figure out how to make good bolean search.

This will help in you in the future should you ever get a job that requires searching for data:   http://www.internettutorials.net/boolean.asp

And this, too:

http://support.google.com/websearch/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=136861

Google is a very, very, very powerful tool.  IF you know how to use it.   If you don't, it's crap.    But it's not the fault of the tool.

What I find amusing is the person is complaining about the browser because it didn't easily take them to a walkthrough or message board with the solution. Because that is the only reason you would be trying to use the browser for the quest they mentioned and what they said they were searching for.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by 7star
    Originally posted by Tamanous
    Originally posted by 7star

Funcom + EA = NFW

Seriously? Funcom + EA is your concern?

Not that Funcom alone hasn't been able to launch a release ready game ... ever!

EA can only help. As sad as that sounds, there is no freaking way EA can make a Funcom mmo worse that they have managed before.

Also EA does not own Funcom and has zero creative control. You are letting your tin foil hat show.

Haha...well, I do have a tinfoil hat, but I'm not wearing it right now, I swear. If I need to be more precise, let me revise my original:

I have a few (at least 3) bad experiences with Funcom customer service related to my purchase of AoC. Through this direct personal experience, I have decided I don't want to give them any more money. So that brings me to:

Funcom = NW

Now, EA, in games where they did have control over the creative direction of a company, I don't like what they did. For that reason, I don't want to buy any game where EA is going to get a taste of my money. Therefore, I add the F.

EA = F

Hence: Funcom + EA = NFW

It is not any conspiracy theory here (so I didn't need the tinfoil hat this time). It is based on my past experiences with these companies and my decision to vote with my wallet and not give them my money. 

Since D3, I have added Activision-Blizzard to that list (unless patch 1.03 shows that they are not all about centering the game round the RMAH). I will now consider their Titan project the same way I consider TSW -- with extreme circumspection.

So that's my blacklist. 3 companies. 

If it turns out that TSW is an awesome game with a solid track-record of good reviews from reviewers I respect, then I will reconsider and purchase it. But based on my past experience, I will not pre-order. That's all I'm sayin'.

No matter how much you keep ranting.   You're still wrong.   There is a long, long list of independent, non-controlled developers that use EA as a publisher.    Funcom is one.  So is Valve.  So is Crytek.   Etc.

All I see from your posts is a hostile point-of-view sadly lacking any factual basis to how EA works as a Publisher/Developer as well as how the publishing industry works.

Yes, EA is the devil.  But they don't control the independents who publish with them.    They never have.   They can't.   Publishing is not development.   And if the developer doesn't take EAs money, EA has nothing to say because they have no contractual power to say anything.

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

I pre-ordered it, but mainly because I buy every "big MMO title" that comes out and play it to discuss it on my blog. There have been very few I've not bought at launch.

Anyhow, I think the game needs work, no doubt about it but I was enjoying myself a lot this past weekend and I really hated BWE#1. I am looking forward to it giving me something to do on the road to GW2 release.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    No, pre ordering mmos these days is foolish.Especially when comes to Funcom.
  • RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

I voted No because when I beta'd the game a while back several things caught my attention in a bad way ( I wont go into details as it would take a while), but that doesnt mean that I won't try iy out a few months after release.

***Raving Rabbid is stoked about Kate Beckensale's role in total recall reboot! ***

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• xSaintxxSaintx Member UncommonPosts: 75

I'm on the fence. Here are my pros/cons:

Pros:
    -3 Factions
    -Interesting Setting and Lore and diversity of environments
    -The no "hand holding" attitude toward questing
    -Very solo-style questing (which I'm indifferent about)
    -Death is annoying so you don't want to die
    -No idea how difficult monsters are going to be
    -Pretty decent Graphics
    -Engaging Combat (I've had to change my style of play against certain types of monsters so that I could solo them; and I was able to only because of my constant moving, dodging, and healing)
    -Sound and voice acting (I think they did well with the voice actors that I've heard.)

Cons:
    -Work is needed on some animations (though not all are as bad as people make them out to be)
    -Itemization could be a bit better (I wasn't overly excited to get a new item; but that could just be that I was so early in level)
    -Funcom has burned me before (Age of Conan) and I don't trust them 100% to deliver lots of content from the beginning.
    -Seoul is TINY! I don't know if this is going to grow, but man, if this is the starting area for all Dragon, make it larger than a living room.

Deciding Factor:
    Engaging and meaningful PVP!!!! I'm waiting on the PVP weekend to make or break the deal for me.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Dont expect guild wars quality pvp
    Don't expect swtor or rift quality pvp either

I suspect it falls somewhere in-between, worth doing, but not something your going to spend your entire play time Doing.
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

No. The game is too linear and dead behind the eyes for my tastes.

Joined - July 2004

• litewolflitewolf Member UncommonPosts: 18

I was surprisingly impressed during the beta. The skill choices were extensive, the enviroment drew me in, finding quests made it less linear, I actually enjoyed many of the combat animations, hardly any bugs, the puzzles drew me in and werent mind numbing. All in all, a good experience. Im longing to play more right now. Lets hope the pvp rocks.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    I will not preorder most games, but especially not mmorpg. I liked tsw ok, but waiting awhile after release seems like a good idea.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

No I will not pre order it, I got burn with AOC, there is no way I am going to run a pre order.I am going to wait 6 months the see if it still flaoting.

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973

I wont pre-order just because they give lousy items. A ring, a cat and a t-shirt...lol.

• iamrtaiamrta Member UncommonPosts: 165

i will never again pre-order ANY game. 

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517

It was ok during the beta event. Nothing really jumped out and made me want to play a lot so No. Not preordering. Maybe when the game is $20 or ftp.

Not to mention I remember the "enjoyment" I had with AO and AoC releases.

• DirkzenDirkzen Member Posts: 144

A hesitant 'no',  followed by a soft, whistful sigh.

The story is awesome.  I mean just...  fucking awesome.  I was hooked within the first 10 minutes alone. 

The voice acting is superb.  The atmosphere was perfect.  The monsters and npcs looked wonderful.

But that combat.

Oh lord.

That combat.

It was just...  a clunky, steaming mess.  It didn't feel right at all.

I felt like I just wanted to play the whole game and unravel the story without having to fight anything at all,  and i'd be happy.

I'd happily plop down $60 for this if it was a standalone 'singleplayer' game.

...but not $60 AND a subscription.

'Fraid i'll have to pass on this one.

• Poison_AdelePoison_Adele Member CommonPosts: 287

Not pre-ordering. I'm interested, but I'll wait to see the reviews and how much content there really is before spending any money on this one. The combat is too boring to justify giving it a $65 chance.

Originally posted by Dirkzen

A hesitant 'no',  followed by a soft, whistful sigh.

The story is awesome.  I mean just...  fucking awesome.  I was hooked within the first 10 minutes alone. 

The voice acting is superb.  The atmosphere was perfect.  The monsters and npcs looked wonderful.

But that combat.

Oh lord.

That combat.

It was just...  a clunky, steaming mess.  It didn't feel right at all.

I felt like I just wanted to play the whole game and unravel the story without having to fight anything at all,  and i'd be happy.

I'd happily plop down $60 for this if it was a standalone 'singleplayer' game.

...but not $60 AND a subscription.

'Fraid i'll have to pass on this one.

Well said, matching my own feelings exactly.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

I already pre-orderd. The combat was the main reason. No mmo gives a pvpr like myself 1/2 as many options as TSW gives me. Builds, gear itemization, and skill all matter. Pistols an fist feel light and quick, shotguns and hammers feel heavy and hard. Plus there nothing like watching you enemy bleed out as he trys to get away :) You see the blood as he's bleeding out.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

I wanted to like this game infact, when a friend of mine first showed it to me I was very excited. He played it a bit and we were both kind of dissapointed in what we saw. I decided I have to give it a go for myself and was still very underwhelmed I logged off and on a couple times throughout the weekend because I wanted to like it but just couldnt. 

I hear how great the story is but I dont get it. The super power from bugs was corny but whatever . The dialogs though everyone seems to lovem they constantly reminded me of the AWKWARD joke from southpark. People talk to you the AWKWARD pause before they continue the conversation. I still dont really know what the story is...

A cia agent was telling me high school gossip that was so out of place with how an agent of anything would conduct themselves and the ingame browser is the dumbest way to solve an ingame puzzle. They could of atleast made it gta style where it was part of the world and not google. Talk about ruining immersion.

The graphics are good and bad. Some things have a funk or style to them but a good portion of the world looks like zygote models. Cars, lamps and other objects look like basic 3d models this is'nt that bad but the people look like zygote models as well. The enemies have some art style to them and the world is decent but felt bland as well. 

Combat was the big fail though. I was so looking forward to this element of the game but it just had no style. Im shooting an ak straight ahead and the bullets a raining down. He should atleast shoot in the air but nope. Enemies moved toward me on roller skates and hit me even when they missed.All the other gripes I would list have been beaten to death.

Suposedely theres no levels but they just dont show a number which is bad because thats a good way to gauge your progress or another players. 

On top of all that this game is out in a few weeks and has a greedy business model.

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811
    Originally posted by Vutar
    Originally posted by Yizle

It was ok during the beta event. Nothing really jumped out and made me want to play a lot so No. Not preordering. Maybe when the game is $20 or ftp.

Not to mention I remember the "enjoyment" I had with AO and AoC releases.

LOL the lag in AO at release was crazy. Rubberbanding all over the place. Though I still liked AO more than other Funcom games.

Funcom makes different games than most other developers, too bad they have been plagued with buggy releases. I enjoyed AoC, something I bet will surprise many of the people here, it was the right mix of action combat and a really hard raiding game that made me stay. I have three friends that loved AO with all it's quirks and awesome twinking, but neither liked AoC. They are all getting TSW though, together with a forth friend of mine (who also liked AoC) and myself.

It does seem like Funcom has put together a solid game that takes what they have learnt from their other games, stirred the pot and come up with a game that really engages people. It's different enough to stand out in my eyes - and in a good way.

• SwobyJSwobyJ Member Posts: 80

Yes, I preordered. With the Master Pack for another month + misc crap.

But no Grandmaster due to the current issues the game does have.

And no cash shop at any point, until they largely fix the character creator.

Otherwise, I look forward to at least playing my covered 2 months :)