Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let's play together!

Comments

• BananaSoupBananaSoup Member UncommonPosts: 180
  • raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237

So as of right now the top 3 games are:

VG

EQ2

FFXIV

We obviously will narrow this down, but we need to figure out what is going to be the best for our needs. If some people want to chime on this, that would be great.

Let go over a few things about each that I'm concerned with...

VG - as of right now.. in its current state.. I wouldn't want to play it, unless it was a with a group of people. I personally don't want to wait until they  go F2P just to be able to start this up. My other concerns are based around content updates.. they barely update it as is, will it.. going f2p cause them to add more staff to make more updates? or will we be playing the same old game we've all tried already?

EQ2 - We have alot of people pushing for this, but concerns for this are opposite. There's so much content, is it going to be tough to get into the game? We have people floating around on different servers, some of which are not wanting to transfer off.. I'm worried we will have a struggle to figure out what server to choose. 

FFXIV - similar to VG.. until 2.0 the population i've heard is sparse.. and I'm not sure on the amount of content currently in the game that is group worthy. I don't want to run out of things to do too quickly.. plus we run into the "will my pc even run this" scenario.. because I want to be open to as many good players as we can.

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

• coldandnumbcoldandnumb Member CommonPosts: 90

I'm Still partial to eq2 mainly because of the sheer amount of content. If we would pick a server and all start a new character from scratch to put us all on an even starting map I think that would be best other then that you got people with possibly maxed out characters waiting for the rest of the group to catch up which probabaly would not be much fun and kind of defeat the op's intent as I see it. I know I've put a lot of hours into eq2 and I know a good deal of the solo content but I would be willing to start new with a group that would be experiencing the same level of content with me.

But I can't speak for everyone else. There is also guild wars 2 coming soon which is another possibilty for a game that will have a large population and just the cost of the box to deal with but I havn't seen much interest from the posters here so that one may be out. Hopefully we can get a concensus on this and this idea doesn't fall apart before it get's started.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I am going to go with a game that nobody has even listed. Aion is the best game going right now to start playing. It is a recent game so it still looks very good and it just got a major update with 3.0. NC Softs Truly Free is just the way FTP should be. There are no restrictions on any content at all so you really never have to pay for anything. I highly recommned giving this game a shot even if you played at launch you should try it again. I think its probaly the best mmo out right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zu0n_8pMRQ&feature=my_favorites&list=FLksoyDFtH--Rg7IaTzzU_gw 

• DominionlordDominionlord Member UncommonPosts: 180

^Aion was fun, played beta and 4-5 months after. just didnt care for the pvp the way they had it. Looooved my spiritmaster!

i voted VG, has everything i want in a game pve wise, lacking on the pvp though.

Haven't played GW2, but for upcoming games, would probably be a good one to go with.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371
    Originally posted by raystantz

So as of right now the top 3 games are:

VG

EQ2

FFXIV

We obviously will narrow this down, but we need to figure out what is going to be the best for our needs. If some people want to chime on this, that would be great.

Let go over a few things about each that I'm concerned with...

VG - as of right now.. in its current state.. I wouldn't want to play it, unless it was a with a group of people. I personally don't want to wait until they  go F2P just to be able to start this up. My other concerns are based around content updates.. they barely update it as is, will it.. going f2p cause them to add more staff to make more updates? or will we be playing the same old game we've all tried already?

EQ2 - We have alot of people pushing for this, but concerns for this are opposite. There's so much content, is it going to be tough to get into the game? We have people floating around on different servers, some of which are not wanting to transfer off.. I'm worried we will have a struggle to figure out what server to choose. 

FFXIV - similar to VG.. until 2.0 the population i've heard is sparse.. and I'm not sure on the amount of content currently in the game that is group worthy. I don't want to run out of things to do too quickly.. plus we run into the "will my pc even run this" scenario.. because I want to be open to as many good players as we can.

I will mention that, Rift has free transfers, so that could alleviate that problem. I m actually impressed with what Trion has added, and is adding in the future. Just a thought.

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362

The 1-2 punch of Vanguard going F2P and Wizardry Online coming out around the same time is greatly tempting me to get a station pass. Either way voted for VG, I think anyone that ever played it will at last take a look-see for the changes and crowds.

At worst it kills a few months of waiting for Archeage.

• DrmarvinDrmarvin Member Posts: 34

I'd love to join and I'd throw my votes towards VG or EQ2 but like the rest, I'd want to play on the server my characters are on.

DDO is a fantastic grouping game, as well as COH or even AO.  All of which are free to play but there doesn't seem to be much interest in any of them, even though I think they are more group centered than any of the new games.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

i've always wanted to try out vanguard, but the low pop has discouraged me. might be fun if we had a good group.

• joojoo1975joojoo1975 Member UncommonPosts: 275

VG or EQ3 for me.  As long as we're playin together.  As i said before, i have different times of gaming.

Would be nice to know what time of Gaming we talkin about!

To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless

• TorgenTorgen Member UncommonPosts: 158

I would join you on Everquest 2 but since I am from EU I have no idea if our playing schedules will overlap.

On the other hand I am fighting a chronical disease atm and can't go to work anyway so adjusting it to yours wouldn't be that much of a problem ;)

Would just be good to know if EQ2 NA is region locked. Anyone got a clue?

Edit: Vanguard sounds interesting as well but it isn't f2p yet and I am uncertain if I want to spend my money on a game that is often called being dead. Already played Aion bout found the Questgrind rather boring. Everyone seems to sologrind its way up so I didn't even make it up to level 20. But with a bunch of nice players this game might be worth checking out.

• dauntSilverdauntSilver Member Posts: 146

Am I too late to join you guys? :c

Nope, polls are still open!

Currently playing:

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

I would do this for FFXIV 2.0...

• dauntSilverdauntSilver Member Posts: 146

I already placed my vote, but when are you guys planning on going into a game?

• doyomasterdoyomaster Member Posts: 25

Woot! Asheron's Call got a vote! I'm not the only nostalgic one around!

• MizzmoMizzmo Member UncommonPosts: 133

I voted EQ2 but I want Vanguard now. That game is so good, just never have anyone to play with.

• VondrexVondrex Member UncommonPosts: 15

I  am playing rift atm, but I would be intrested in any of these games. I just need people to play with.

• joojoo1975joojoo1975 Member UncommonPosts: 275

This all sounds good and all, and the buzz around this is descent.  Is there a chance you gonna discuss when your wanting to Game?  (Time of gaming, not when your gonna start)

If your thinkin a 24hr kinda gameing as we get peeps from all over the globe, well then doesnt that kinda defeat the "lets play together" kinda concept?

Dont wanna rain on any parades, but this has Always been an issue for me(except for Eve, there i was always the Euro captain/commander)

anyhoo my 0.02$

To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless

• DreamionDreamion Member UncommonPosts: 287

Im on for VG

• scarykids2scarykids2 Member UncommonPosts: 74

gw2

Originally posted by joojoo1975

This all sounds good and all, and the buzz around this is descent.  Is there a chance you gonna discuss when your wanting to Game?  (Time of gaming, not when your gonna start)

If your thinkin a 24hr kinda gameing as we get peeps from all over the globe, well then doesnt that kinda defeat the "lets play together" kinda concept?

Dont wanna rain on any parades, but this has Always been an issue for me(except for Eve, there i was always the Euro captain/commander)

anyhoo my 0.02$

Well I'm in the US on the east coast.. so, yeah it may cut out some people but we could always have several "groups" within the group.

Currently playing:

• JenosydeJenosyde Member UncommonPosts: 100

i voted for EQ2. would be cool if the group was to stop at each lvl cap ex. 50 run the group content (endgame) then 60 do the same and so on. that way people would full enjoy all the content that has been released with this game. i also agree with an above poster to pick a random server and all level new characters. this stopping at 50 to clear old content before moving on would promote this.

edit... im against VG till f2p

• MizzmoMizzmo Member UncommonPosts: 133

Any clue when Vanguard is supposed to go F2P?

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468
    Originally posted by Mizzmo

Any clue when Vanguard is supposed to go F2P?

I think it's this summer or by the end of this year. I don't know for certain though but i vaguely remember reading its about that time.