Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 Forums Closed Again!

dreldrel Member Posts: 918

The GW2 forums closed again in anticipation of the next event!

Next beta around the corner?!

Comments

• MattVidMattVid Member Posts: 399

Who knows, maybe. I know I downloaded a pretty decent size patch last night.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

They always do it few days after beta. Has nothing to do with possible date of next BWE. The forums get locked 2-3 days after beta weekend and get wiped about week after. 

• SaxonbladeSaxonblade Member Posts: 275
    Originally posted by Ezhae

They always do it few days after beta. Has nothing to do with possible date of next BWE. The forums get locked 2-3 days after beta weekend and get wiped about week after. 

They already locked and shut them for the past beta last week so.......................................

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

Beta weekend was two weeks ago and the forums were open afterwards.

This is a new closure with Areanet saying the forums were closed in preparation for a new event.

Combine this info with the latest large patch, and, its either another beta soon or game release?!

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Everyone said the same with BWE 1 but since BWE 2 was pretty much a failure with their changes I am betting BWE 3 will be about 6wks from the end of BWE 2.

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

There was a message up on the forums stating the forums would be closed last wednesday. So umm not really a surprise there that they are closed.

Lolipops !

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817
    Originally posted by Thorbrand

Everyone said the same with BWE 1 but since BWE 2 was pretty much a failure with their changes I am betting BWE 3 will be about 6wks from the end of BWE 2.

Huh ? 

Maybe some description on this suppossed failure ?

Edit: added a space

Lolipops !

• kafka1984kafka1984 Member Posts: 83

They always close the forums shortly after the Beta event.

One could hope that the game will be released soon... as in by the end of August.

Roll the Dice

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

What exactly did you now like about BWE2 compared to BWE1? 

It's obvious over this last week you are flaming hatred for this game now. So what is it? Cause I didn't see what you did obviously.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526

Where is this everyone you speak of? The only real problem this BWE was that the mesmer had issues, which was possibly the biggest issue.

P.S Using generalizations like EVERYONE doesn't really help your cause in the slightest.

• Matheusor1Matheusor1 Member Posts: 174
    Originally posted by drel

Beta weekend was two weeks ago and the forums were open afterwards.

This is a new closure with Areanet saying the forums were closed in preparation for a new event.

Combine this info with the latest large patch, and, its either another beta soon or game release?!

Beta weekend was 2 weeks ago? In what world do you live in? It ended on the 10th, today is the 18h, it's barely been a week lol

They closed the forums because after a week they always do, no reason to get all pumped up over this.

• oblitrifyoblitrify Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by Voiidiin

Everyone said the same with BWE 1 but since BWE 2 was pretty much a failure with their changes I am betting BWE 3 will be about 6wks from the end of BWE 2.

Huh ? 

I'm wondering the same thing. What changes did they make that failed? 

Edited twice because I fail at quoting.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by silvermember

Where is this everyone you speak of? The only real problem this BWE was that the mesmer had issues, which was possibly the biggest issue.

P.S Using generalizations like EVERYONE doesn't really help your cause in the slightest.

#1 (to the OP) They always close the beta forums after a week. They do this to collect the feedback, and to prevent people using those forums as a social hub when they are trying to focus on fixing the game.

#2) I'm not sure what the 'failure' of BWE2 was tbh. I didn't hear much complaining, and what i did hear was mostly the following:

2 - One skill point in the majority of zones seemed to be bugged (this may have been an attempt to stop map completion, who knows)

3 - WvW Imbalance. Not really sure what was done, but they changed things up from Friday->Saturday, and WvW became nearly unplayable (one server had nearly everything, while the others couldn't do much more than capture 1 outpost).

4 - The end of beta event started too late in a few of the servers, and thus servers went down mid-event in some cases.

With the exception of perhaps WvW, I would hardly call that a 'failure'. The game was still very much smooth, playable, and the majority of players seemed to still be enjoying it.

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620

failure?? i bet that is all about the new trait system you dont like right?

they could didnt change trait system and as a Necro i will be thankfull since we could make 1-2 f****** OP builds, that could kill anyone easy.  problem is kill anyone easy isnt really fun...

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332
    Originally posted by aesperus
    Originally posted by silvermember
    )

3 - WvW Imbalance. Not really sure what was done, but they changed things up from Friday->Saturday, and WvW became nearly unplayable (one server had nearly everything, while the others couldn't do much more than capture 1 outpost).

Sounds like you got matched up against a heavy populated and coordinated server. There isn't much they can do about this. It's going to happen at launch and there will be much rage and tears. You are just going to have to bear it, until the matchups get sorted out.

Eventually you should get matched up against servers you can compete against.

• VanadromArdaVanadromArda Member Posts: 445

Huh ? 

A lot of people who were hardcore WvW players saw BWE2 as a failure, as WvW was broken for the majority of the weekend. Either server mismatches, siege being unable to deploy properly, and additional servers flooding into the wrong matches (4 servers in one match) -- WvW was seen a pretty big failure. So in turn, as that is all certain people did that weekend, BWE2 was a failure.

• SaxonbladeSaxonblade Member Posts: 275
    Originally posted by TemperHoof

Huh ? 

A lot of people who were hardcore WvW players saw BWE2 as a failure, as WvW was broken for the majority of the weekend. Either server mismatches, siege being unable to deploy properly, and additional servers flooding into the wrong matches (4 servers in one match) -- WvW was seen a pretty big failure. So in turn, as that is all certain people did that weekend, BWE2 was a failure.

As a PvPer I think I spent about 2 hours total all weekend long in WvW due to the reason you stated, my server was severly mismatched all weekend long. So I did a lot ofPvE which was ok but I really wanted to try out the WvW which for me did not happen.

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332
    Originally posted by TemperHoof

Huh ? 

That's akin to losing a duel in PvP and then stating that PvP is a failure.

Mismatches are going to happen. There isn't much that can be done about this. WvWvW may suck for many servers for the first month.

EDIT - From further reading, apparently Arenanet is going to have short matchups at launch. This should get servers better matchups sooner.

Then again it is PvP. What would PvP be without salty tears and impotent rage?

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

The only negative thing I heard about BWE2 were people not liking the new tiered trait and ability system. Everything was good. The game ran very well, no FPS drops and no lag.

There were some issues with WvW server matching during the first server rotation but it's freaking beta, you have to expect stuff like this.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

Nothing broken about the mismatches. How can servers be matched up until there is some score to match. The last beta was well along many issues fixed and an overall great experience...