Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tor down to 200k to 300k players Left

Comments

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Originally posted by cahenderson
    Originally posted by Corehaven
    Originally posted by Zippy

Look at Tor Status and you will see Tor has 10 NA servers left the rest are dead empty servers.  Europe has 3 servers left and the rest are dead and empty. 

Presently the server status across North America and Euorope is as follows:

1 Medium Server

4 Light Servers

8 Very light Servers

156 Dead Servers

At the current rate of decline the 8 very light servers will all be dead servers within 2 weeks and the light servers will be on the verge of dying. Looking at the 13 light servers left at best ToR has 300k players playing likely less than 200k.  But at the current rate of loss Tor will be down to 3 or 4 non dead servers in the next 3-4 weeks and will have less  than 100k players.

EA/BW since release has engaged in a campaign of misinformation to make peiople believe the game is doing well and has a lot  more subs than it actually has.  The facts simply do not bear that out.  Approaching server merges their latest attempt at deception is the "Mega Server" scam.  They want people to believe there will be mega servers taking the place of all these empty servers.  Looking at Tor Status on a daily bas since launch one can quickly see they do not have the population to support such mega servers.  Rather EA/Bioware realize that at the current decline the population will only be able to support 3-4 servers at most.  But they can save face and keep telling people they are successful with their mega server scam.  Plus it gives the fanboys a reason to make post after post telling people how successful Tor is.

With only 13 light servers left it is not arguable that there are mroe than 300k players left.  The Titantic is sinking and its almost entirely under water now.  There is nothing that can be done for this game at least in the short term.  Many games have recovered from bad launches but it takes years.  With the SW brand name and a few years of development time it could have a revivial down the road and be a 100-300k sub game.  But at least in the short term it is sinking quite fast.

I'm interested in how you define 'Very Light' , seeing as that's NOT a status on any of the servers. Also, how does one quantify 'Dead'?

I won't contest their plan with the Mega-Servers. I actually think the way they're advertising/talking about it displays uncommon (for them) PR sense. I also won't contest the game is sinking. I play on two servers and the population is 1/3 if not 1/4 of what it was just a month ago. But you're making up numbers and doing it BADLY.

And the next time you pull something out of your ass, please do us all the courtesy of wiping before you post it.

Im not saying he's correct but if you claim population, on your severs at least, is 1/3 to 1/4 of the population, thats ummm....yea.  Thats around 250,000 or 300,000 or in that ballpark.  Out of a million.  Or 1.3 (I never bought that anyways). I understand thats just on your couple of servers though.  Making up numbers and doing it badly?  Maybe I guess.  Hard to say. 

And why would wiping make any difference being that the thing is already out of his *** .  I dont.....what? 

My point is that he trolls in here and purports to be offering REAL metrics. He is not. Bad data is as bad if not worse than NO data. There's no such server status as 'Very Light', so how did he arrive at the conclusion that there are xx number of servers at that status? He did not define 'dead'. Again, it's MEANINGLESS. Yes, I can corroborate that the population on *MY* server is down. However, I don't play on the other billionty servers there are, so that's not a valid sample size. Also, as someone else mentioned, it doesn't take into account the re-rolls on the higher pop servers. 

His post is utter bullshit purporting to me something it's not. This subject has been done to death. His post is as assinine as the fanboys claiming it's a orgasmic pleasure to play.

Regardless of whether he made up " very light " or not, the data came from here http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us.  Which, although doesnt show numbers, DOES base itself off the server status provided by Bioware.

The trend is extremely clear.  Even if you believed EA's spin on the numbers, which most of us don't.  Especially when people had accounts they had cancelled that showed active for upwards of 2 months after they cancelled their subscription.

This game is the biggest failure in MMO history.  Period end of conversation. Not even AoC sold as well and dropped as many subs as this game.  And thats SAD because AOC had HUGE gaps in content in the 30's, 50's, and 70's, to where the only way to get through it was a straight mob grind, just killing stuff, no quests, etc.  Yet it still retained more people for a longer time than SWTOR.  Thats saying a LOT about just how crap SWTOR is...

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Sameer1979
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71
    Originally posted by cutthecrap
    Originally posted by Greyhooff

The game is still declining, just like Warhammer did, except faster.

EA has obviously turned its back on SWTOR, laid off 200 people on the team - it's a dead game already in maintenance mode and is not going to get any more resources, Riccitello said as much to investors at the EA shareholder meet.

Sorry, but this sounds more like wishful thinking mode, the kind of thing people who despise SWTOR or BW or EA or all three might be praying for fervently image

Guess you missed the FACT that all Greyhooff posted is FACT.

Your post sounds like blind fanboism.

Facts which he never bothered to back up? opinions are not facts by the way especially the made up ones. The reason why he neve replied to my post is because he doesn't have any reliable source to confirm that all further development for SWTOR has been stopped or that is is now dead game in maintenance mode.

I bet neither can you, but since you came in his defense something tells me you are him on an alt account, which is bannable by the way. 

Something tells me your confused and throwing around faulty accusations.  Which is ironic becuase you are NOWHERE in the linked conversation.

I don't have to be in linked conversation because i am still very much on topic. Got any reliable information to back up your facts and grehooff's fact? since you are so damn sure that all he posts is facts and anyone who disagree is just a fanboy.

Any link would be enough or any information that SWTOR is indeed officially in maintenance mode and won't get any updates in future. 

Google it.

Infact i did and there is no official word that further support for SWTOR has been stopped completely. I know for sure such a huge info would come directly from EA if they had plans to shut down SWTOR than some questionable random posters trying to pass their opinions as facts.

So nothing? just like i thought. Greyhoof was smarter to bail out when he had a chance you should do the same.

Noone but you said completely.

Suggest you take a Goggle 101 class or even look at the MMORPG.com news section.  But then again I wouldn't want facts to fuck up your idea of college 101 debate on the internetz.

No grehoof said  that...

EA has obviously turned its back on SWTOR, laid off 200 people on the team - it's a dead game already in maintenance mode and is not going to get any more resources, Riccitello said as much to investors at the EA shareholder meet.

You know the guy you claimed to only present facts? so much for google 101, couldn't find anything still to back up your facts could you? it is ok take your time, no rush.

Really?  Grehoof said that?  Funny I don't see completely anywhere in his post only yours hero.

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412
    Originally posted by Hrimnir
    Originally posted by Corehaven
    Originally posted by Zippy

Look at Tor Status and you will see Tor has 10 NA servers left the rest are dead empty servers.  Europe has 3 servers left and the rest are dead and empty. 

Presently the server status across North America and Euorope is as follows:

1 Medium Server

4 Light Servers

8 Very light Servers

156 Dead Servers

At the current rate of decline the 8 very light servers will all be dead servers within 2 weeks and the light servers will be on the verge of dying. Looking at the 13 light servers left at best ToR has 300k players playing likely less than 200k.  But at the current rate of loss Tor will be down to 3 or 4 non dead servers in the next 3-4 weeks and will have less  than 100k players.

EA/BW since release has engaged in a campaign of misinformation to make peiople believe the game is doing well and has a lot  more subs than it actually has.  The facts simply do not bear that out.  Approaching server merges their latest attempt at deception is the "Mega Server" scam.  They want people to believe there will be mega servers taking the place of all these empty servers.  Looking at Tor Status on a daily bas since launch one can quickly see they do not have the population to support such mega servers.  Rather EA/Bioware realize that at the current decline the population will only be able to support 3-4 servers at most.  But they can save face and keep telling people they are successful with their mega server scam.  Plus it gives the fanboys a reason to make post after post telling people how successful Tor is.

With only 13 light servers left it is not arguable that there are mroe than 300k players left.  The Titantic is sinking and its almost entirely under water now.  There is nothing that can be done for this game at least in the short term.  Many games have recovered from bad launches but it takes years.  With the SW brand name and a few years of development time it could have a revivial down the road and be a 100-300k sub game.  But at least in the short term it is sinking quite fast.

I'm interested in how you define 'Very Light' , seeing as that's NOT a status on any of the servers. Also, how does one quantify 'Dead'?

I won't contest their plan with the Mega-Servers. I actually think the way they're advertising/talking about it displays uncommon (for them) PR sense. I also won't contest the game is sinking. I play on two servers and the population is 1/3 if not 1/4 of what it was just a month ago. But you're making up numbers and doing it BADLY.

And the next time you pull something out of your ass, please do us all the courtesy of wiping before you post it.

Im not saying he's correct but if you claim population, on your severs at least, is 1/3 to 1/4 of the population, thats ummm....yea.  Thats around 250,000 or 300,000 or in that ballpark.  Out of a million.  Or 1.3 (I never bought that anyways). I understand thats just on your couple of servers though.  Making up numbers and doing it badly?  Maybe I guess.  Hard to say. 

And why would wiping make any difference being that the thing is already out of his *** .  I dont.....what? 

My point is that he trolls in here and purports to be offering REAL metrics. He is not. Bad data is as bad if not worse than NO data. There's no such server status as 'Very Light', so how did he arrive at the conclusion that there are xx number of servers at that status? He did not define 'dead'. Again, it's MEANINGLESS. Yes, I can corroborate that the population on *MY* server is down. However, I don't play on the other billionty servers there are, so that's not a valid sample size. Also, as someone else mentioned, it doesn't take into account the re-rolls on the higher pop servers. 

His post is utter bullshit purporting to me something it's not. This subject has been done to death. His post is as assinine as the fanboys claiming it's a orgasmic pleasure to play.

Regardless of whether he made up " very light " or not, the data came from here http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us.  Which, although doesnt show numbers, DOES base itself off the server status provided by Bioware.

The trend is extremely clear.  Even if you believed EA's spin on the numbers, which most of us don't.  Especially when people had accounts they had cancelled that showed active for upwards of 2 months after they cancelled their subscription.

This game is the biggest failure in MMO history.  Period end of conversation. Not even AoC sold as well and dropped as many subs as this game.  And thats SAD because AOC had HUGE gaps in content in the 30's, 50's, and 70's, to where the only way to get through it was a straight mob grind, just killing stuff, no quests, etc.  Yet it still retained more people for a longer time than SWTOR.  Thats saying a LOT about just how crap SWTOR is...

The numbers from the OP have pretty much held up with the evidence we have seen from the mergers.  Prior to the merge the game had dropped down to 10 total non dead NA and Euro servers.  Since the merge has started they are up to 14 non dead serevrs with 3 others showing some  life,  Likely when the merges are done there will be 20 serveers left which is roughly 200k-400k total players left depending on how full the servers are. Right now the number appears to be closer to 200k. Recall at release we had 210 servers all at 3.0 and that was 1.7 million players (8k players per server) although not subs.  Now when we are done with merges we will have 20 servers with half if not most in the 1.2-1.5 range.  Evven factoring in the casual playerbase 200k might be a very generous estimate.

Looking at the data the server merges are not filling up the rescued servers very well but the full extent of that remains to be seen. Check Tor Status everyday the next few weeks and you will see if the momentum from the merges continues and helps fill up the merged servers or if it quikly comes to a halt and the rapid daily decline continues.  And its my guess once the merges end the game will go back to dropping subs beginning at slow rate than ever quicking.  In a month we should be back to 10 servers which is not even 200k and within 2 months do not be suprised to see the game stabilize at 4-5 total servrers or 100k max subs. But that is only my guess but a guess based upon the previous big decline we saw after 1.2 and what appears to be very light merged servers.

Tor Status while not perfect is a great source of information.  It lets you not only see what serevrs are dead healthy and dropping but lets you see overll trends.  If you would check everyday since January you might have a complety different view of Tor's health and EA and BW's honesty.  It is certainly a much better source than the misleading lies we here from BW and EA and better than any analysis I see the fanboys present.  The extent of their anyalsis is oh the game is doing great because I like it.  Tor Satus' evidence contradicts that point of view and server merges support the data from Tor Staus and again contradict the fanboy evidence and BW and EA's puffery.

• GreyhooffGreyhooff Member Posts: 654

No grehoof said  that...

You know the guy you claimed to only present facts? so much for google 101, couldn't find anything still to back up your facts could you? it is ok take your time, no rush.

Really?  Grehoof said that?  Funny I don't see completely anywhere in his post only yours hero.

To be fair, I did say that in some other post, and I stand by it 100%. Everything I said about this game so far has been correct, it's Warhammer 2.0 in every possible way.

When a game does server merges to shrink to under 10% of its former size, lays off 200 employees (verfied number of job losses), and the CEO goes to investors and calls SWTOR "not a priority", you know the game is being pushed aside and forgotten.

Heck, if you watched the EA show at E3, you would see that.

Ray Muzyka, previously a god among men (yes, Bioware had an amazing reputation before SWTOR), made a sheepish and sweaty presentation about SWTOR that was cut short, and they quickly cut to the next presentation while the crowd didn't even applaud.

It really hits home what an embarrassing failure SWTOR is.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

I hope swtor stays for long. It is the best and most complete game ever have played. Never understood all this hathred toward it, even worse then wow. I never hated any game, but here it is exactly this. People happy some game could go down. I lost interest in TR in week, aprox same for others .... but hated none. Sad.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by daltanious

I hope swtor stays for long. It is the best and most complete game ever have played. Never understood all this hathred toward it, even worse then wow. I never hated any game, but here it is exactly this. People happy some game could go down. I lost interest in TR in week, aprox same for others .... but hated none. Sad.

Unfortunately everyone who isnt unconditionally praising the game is labeled "hater".

Game has obvious problems, ignoring them wont solve them and thats just what devs+fanbois do.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by hikaru77
    Originally posted by mikahr
    Originally posted by smh_alot
    ? It's funny how you distort my words. I don't believe that they never went above the 1m subs which imo is your own wishful thinking ('I want to see the game burn and fail! Fail!!1! HAHAHAHAHAAA' - ehm, sorry, cough >.>), and I stated that I find a 1.4-1.7m sub figure after the first month, based on sales and regular player retention drop, not that strange or illusionary at all, on the contrary.

But hey, whatever indeed >.>

Why are you trolling?

1. you dont believe their own words about it

2. i said its questionable if they ever broke 1m subs.

And yes, game is failure, and its not you that decides what is and what is not a failure, EA could not have been more clear on that matter.

So yeah, whatever.

No, SWTOR is the most successful p2p MMO post WoW, that is a fact, and not a wish or point of view. LEARN TO LIVE WITH IT.  

Successful in what?

losing players?

merging servers?

losing money?

sacking people?

Yah, its important to be most successful...at least in something rofl

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

My guess is that the game is down to 150k active players if not less......

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

I was not refering to who do not like game. I was referring to haters, that are close to climax every time when they mock game and are already happy they - hopefully - will be able to dance on corpse asap. I was referring to such sickos.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

I was not refering to who do not like game. I was referring to haters, that are close to climax every time when they mock game and are already happy they - hopefully - will be able to dance on corpse asap. I was referring to such sickos.

I'm that kind of as you put it a sicko and I will sound like this when it crash and burns.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayO1wtXbh_Q

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• kaguhoOkaguhoO Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by CrunkJuice2

bioware themselves dont have the best record for games eather.alot of games ive played that were bioware games were always crippled with bugs and needed a billion patches just to play the game bug free

check record again instead saying craps

baldur's gate say hello

baldur's gate 2 say hello

Kotor say hello

Kotor 2 say hello

Jade empire say hello

Mass effect say hello

Mass effect 2 say hello

Mass effect 3 say hello (horrible ending tho)

Dragon age origin say hello

Dragon age 2 worst bioware only game confirmed

Bioware is one of the top 3 best rpg's maker to date worlwide...haters gonna hate end of story.

• DromedarrDromedarr Member Posts: 76

300k is about right. 2mill was cinfirmed in December as active (2,4 mill bought the game)

218 servers. Now after transfers, 187 servers are empty. So...

about 2mill / 218 = about 10k per server

31 servers left = about 300k people are active in SWTOR

The subs number is probably a lot higher, but that's not for long.

• GreyhooffGreyhooff Member Posts: 654
    [mod edit]

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

yeah.. I would have to revise my earlier statement a bit now that I see the transfer numbers and list..  500k was too optomistic.. It looks to be around the 300k concurrent subs.. Once the free subs run out, like mine does tomorrow.. TOR will be down from 1.3 million to just 300,000..  OUCH..  Doesn't matter what galaxy you're from that's gotta hurt..

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by Rydeson

yeah.. I would have to revise my earlier statement a bit now that I see the transfer numbers and list..  500k was too optomistic.. It looks to be around the 300k concurrent subs.. Once the free subs run out, like mine does tomorrow.. TOR will be down from 1.3 million to just 300,000..  OUCH..  Doesn't matter what galaxy you're from that's gotta hurt..

1.  Where did you get those numbers?  How do you know for a fact that that there are one million free subs that run out tomorrow that will not be renewed?  Where is your proof?

2.  Just wait for the game to go free to play.  That should increase the numbers significantly (whether or not it will stay that way is unknown though).

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by mikahr

Unfortunately everyone who isnt unconditionally praising the game is labeled "hater".

Just like everyone who isn't unconditionally bashing the game are labeled "fanboy." Welcome to the great hyperbole that is the internet.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

I play TOR daily it's fun for me. I also knew very early on you spend 200 miliion on a MMO it needs to launch with everything they are now adding but thought players would forgive them for if they added it later.

The game is ok but it lacks anything that makes it feel starwarsy. it playes more like Wow with a starwars story added to certain parts of the game.

1. It lacks a real space game.

2. It lacks any type of ability for bounty hunters to hunt players on both sides.

3. it lacks a neutral class or faction and is very limited on were you can go and what you can do on the planets.

4. it reduces any chance you might encounter a sith or jedi. it seprates factions from each other even creating entire zones were you never see the other side but in NPC form.

5. it is very limited in the sense you can't explore the planets freely. you simply run into a exhaustion zone and you have to turn back.

6. smugglers can't smuggle spice or any type of illegal cargo.

7. crafting is merly for leveling and equiping companions. it never is worth the time due to the people wanting vendor gear and even quest rewards are far superior to crafted gear. 

8.They have no real clear plan for development. they are vague on purpose and it seems we hear leaks every week or so about it going free to play fully.

9. it's not a virtual world at all. you truly can't go anywhere or do anything you want to have fun. it's very tighlty controlled and forces you to ride a rail of progression that leads you to a dead end grind for vendor gear or a hard mode dungeon that has groups run by vent cussing ex-miltitary types who are over geared and hate life.

10. The devs are the most arrgogant in-human bunch of sawed off asshats I ever encountered playing MMO's since inception. the only ones that make these guys seems worse is the old SWG devs.

11. Legacy is a massive grind for unlocks on things we never really asled for. it a major sink to extend the life of the game by grinding alts for new content and functionality which by rights should be unlocked due to leagcy level instead of credits.

I have 32 more to add but you get the idea. It needs to be something it will never be and thats sucks becuase kotor had such an amazing story and great lore tied to it.

I will keep playing due to the fact it still has lightsabers commnados and sometimes it does feel like starwars really it does. i'm not holding out hope for any other MMo because the bottom line for me is the ride is almsot over.

it will be time to retire from trying to have any fun in these thing's at some point. I have a life to live and enjoy. and this hobby is causing me mental anguish much more then the old days were we had hope for a true free virtual world that allows to to feel like we are part of that world.

• KellsKells Member Posts: 65

@JeremyJodes

Your points about SWTOR seem to have been picked right out of my brain (but written better).  I already knew, from previews before the game went live, that it was "KOTOR 3" rather than SWG2 (or would that be SWG4, haha). Therefore, it was the ultimate guided themepark. Oddly, I felt I had a bit more freedom in KOTOR even though SWTOR's play areas are much larger. 

Interestingly, Star Trek Online had a better space-based game but terrible ground game. Perhaps the two Sci-Fi games could merge (just kidding). Too bad the space-based component of SWTOR didn't at least attempt to create a true flight simulator.

Crafting didn't have much purpose (but that is true in a lot of mmos these days). I just did biochem to qualify for the re-usuable heals and stims.

The only open world PvP (on PvE server) was Illum and it was not really operational. Arena type PvP does not interest me in an mmo, I get my Arena fix with Team Fortress Classic and TF2.

Unlike a lot of folks, I am not a social gamer and am perfectly happy to play solo in an mmo setting. Therefore, I don't regret buying and playing SWTOR as it was a pretty solid single-player experience. However, after playing 4 alts and not really enjoying the class quests compared to my main (Jedi Knight), I saw that it was time to leave. I totally agree, grinding alts for the measly legacy rewards was not satisfying.

Anyway, good job, Jeremy.

• UkiahUkiah Member Posts: 273
    Originally posted by GreenHell
    Originally posted by Moaky07
    [mod edit]

If you were to judge by these forums WoW would be the most unpopular MMORPG ever created. SWG would be the most popular sandbox game ever with a huge thriving population that only got shut down because of ToR and GW2 would be developed by Jesus Christ himself.

Came for your reply, stayed for your Captain Caveman avatar.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Gravarg

I have to laugh everytime I see posts like this.  It's all speculation.  Noone knows anything except Bioware and EA.  The MMO hate club has gotten so big from people who aren't MMO players.  They want to play a game that isn't a MMO, but they think the next big MMO will be it.  It won't be anything different because a MMO will always be an MMO...If you don't like the current formula for MMO that's been around since WoW launched, I hate to tell you, go play something else.  It's not going to change much from a quest driven storyline with side quests...because, guess what,  that's what an MMO is, and always has been.  If you want a game that doesn't shove you to different areas around the world at certain levels, go play something else...THAT'S WHAT AN MMO IS!

Edit: I don't know how many times I have to say this, but here I go again (I should really copy and paste this in notepad so I don't have to type it every time lol).  MMOs are and always will be a niche part of the gaming community.  Developers want to make it mainstream, and I can understand that, it's big money.  MMO players are a unique and true MMO players are a very small part of the gaming community.  If sitting at your computer for an hour to chop down a tree doesn't sound fun to you, then go play something else.  That's what an MMO is.   There is no instant gratification, MMOs are all about delayed gratification.  The promise of something better the next level or two.  Then another promise of something even better a couple levels later...That's what MMOs are and always will be...If you don't like it, leave, you aren't a MMO player.

With that thinking we should all be playing pong because thats what a video game is and all it can ever be....

• SumterSideSumterSide Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by hikaru77

People here on MMORPG.com should make their own company they really know a lot of ¨the gaming business¨. We are talking about EA and BW, is not trion or some independent dev company, is EA, BW and LA do you really believe that they need the 200mill or so of swtor dev in the 1st 6 months of the game?. Believe me they wont find the bakruptcy for only $200 mill, they already have the resources and money to make an investment of $200 MIll in a game like swtor and wait 1,2 or 3 years to get back all their money and earnings, and they still have enough resourcers to keep making new content pretty fast. You people are just amazing.

Don't know if you've been keeping up wtih recent fanancial and stock reports, but EA REALLY isn't that good at making money..

They're good at setting expections too high and firing people, but as far as getting results, not so much.

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332
    Originally posted by SumterSide

Don't know if you've been keeping up wtih recent fanancial and stock reports, but EA REALLY isn't that good at making money..

They're good at setting expections too high and firing people, but as far as getting results, not so much.

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ERTS/1927586551x0x566941/fa80cd09-3585-4a6d-8d38-c2a1ea531d08/Q4FY12_EarningsSlides_FINAL_PDF.pdf

You couldn't be further from the truth. Whoever is in charge of EA gets it now. They have restructured and continue to restructure. Though layoffs may be bad for the employees, they are good overall for EA. They continue to cut costs and increase there profit margin.

EA are the healthiest they have been in years financially.

• MrTugglesMrTuggles Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Originally posted by Kakkzooka

I'm just wondering when the major review sites will come out of the woodwork and actually write honest articles about how shitty the game really is and how poorly it's performed, instead of perpetually shoveling bullshit.

Probably when the bribe money runs out. That's my best guess.

I also found it pretty strange that no sites told of how underwhelming this game actually was. I can see where a lot of people were excited for the first person story driven game play with cinematics and voiceovers in the beginning, but that wore off pretty quickly and subpar game play oozed out afterwards.

The most amusing part about this whole debacle is that it could have been avoided if BW hadn't built such a large hype machine. Calling your game the "most innovative game to ever be created" got a lot of people's expectations too high. When BW didn't deliver ANYTHING that was all that innovative people got pissed. When people realized this is the same game play they have been dealing with for years they jumped ship. Yes you can say that cinematics and voiceovers are innovative for an MMO, but we have had them in single player RPGs for some time now so it seemed like nothing new was done.

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
    Originally posted by MrTuggles

The most amusing part about this whole debacle is that it could have been avoided if BW hadn't built such a large hype machine. Calling your game the "most innovative game to ever be created" got a lot of people's expectations too high. When BW didn't deliver ANYTHING that was all that innovative people got pissed. When people realized this is the same game play they have been dealing with for years they jumped ship. Yes you can say that cinematics and voiceovers are innovative for an MMO, but we have had them in single player RPGs for some time now so it seemed like nothing new was done. 

? I don't think that they have EVER stated that they have the 'most innovative game ever', I doubt that that was what they said, on the contrary.