Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Farmville + Satan = Diablo 3

I'm not good with this whole "writing" thing.. but what I am good at is showing my dissapointment in vulgar internet slander.

Diablo 3 is the biggest pile of garbage to come out of blizzard since Darkthorne. I've been jamming away at a monk since release to get to inferno and find out I'm absolutely worthless and have 72 hours logged already.. 

In the plethora of hours I've wasted eatting burger king and playing D3 I've released, that this game is completely revolved around the auction house. The goal of the game is to get gear to sell to buy gear to use to farm more gear to sell..... Well ok... I guess that's a given with most online fantasy style games. The crafting system is an assy gambling system where every body loses. What's the point, instead of blowing tens of thousands if not millions of gold for an item, just go to the AH to buy a new piece of gear instead of jamming away at pointless combines to leave you broke. 

Oh.... and if you do make it to inferno... you better be 100x better than you were in Hell.. Can't do that? Go to the AH and buy the gear?

So what do you do if you are so incredibly stuck, the only upgrade your able to find is 10m gold, which right now is the equivilent of $600USD, you either sit there farming your balls off till you get the change required or you go to a korean site that's in violation of the TOS I'm sure... if you don't want to do either of those, just wait till the 12th.. or 18th, 29th? When ever the Real Money auction hosue goes live... 

In the end, what is this game about? The real money auction house, you're so incredibly dependant on the AH, bartering and trading is gone, and it seems as if it was almost intentional that blizzard wants you to look only at buy outs and impulse buys... If you see a super good item, buy it as soon as you see it cause more than likely if you pause, some one else already bought it... This is probably just conditioning for the Real Money AH. 

Also, how is the RMAH going to work? Isn't it like $1 for weapon/armor 15% transation fee, then if you want the money out of BlizzBuys escrow it's another %15 transfer fee.... or something. 

And this game is really short... all they did was add a 4th difficulty to make it seem longer... Such an incredibly waste of time and resources on blizzards behalf. 

................................... fu blizzard.... fu you hard in your stupid little sell out activizzard faces. 

EDIT::: Notice how I'm not writing this while the servers are down... thank you.

Comments

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Originally posted by Chemcal

Oh.... and if you do make it to inferno... you better be 100x better than you were in Hell.. Can't do that? Go to the AH and buy the gear?

So what do you do if you are so incredibly stuck, the only upgrade your able to find is 10m gold, which right now is the equivilent of $600USD,

Where do you get $60 per 1million gold?  People are farming like 500k+ per hour in inferno.  Some probably much more than that when counting item sales in the gold AH.  Let's wait until we see gold being sold in teh RMAH before giving it a real value.

• IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

So what do you do if you are so incredibly stuck, the only upgrade your able to find is 10m gold, which right now is the equivilent of $600USD,

Where do you get $60 per 1million gold?  People are farming like 500k+ per hour in inferno.  Some probably much more than that when counting item sales in the gold AH.  Let's wait until we see gold being sold in teh RMAH before giving it a real value.

My buddy farms a mill a hour in act 3 stonebreaker. And OP dont cry about Monk i rolled Witch doctor my first time....

Im wearing gear that a Wizard would do over 30k dmg with but my WD only does 21k.... yeah WD sucks we have 2 spells that even suck Bears and constant stream of poison darts = boring..

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Originally posted by Ikisis

My buddy farms a mill a hour in act 3 stonebreaker. And OP dont cry about Monk i rolled Witch doctor my first time....

Im wearing gear that a Wizard would do over 30k dmg with but my WD only does 21k.... yeah WD sucks we have 2 spells that even suck Bears and constant stream of poison darts = boring..

I assume WD's can buy gear cheaper than Barbs can though?  I've taken a break from my barb and have my DH in A1 Hell.

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    So u played game u find to be crap for 72 hours? I dont play crap games more then 20-30 mins.
    I dont understand the rage when u fail in a game.
  • IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443
    Originally posted by Ikisis

I assume WD's can buy gear cheaper than Barbs can though?  I've taken a break from my barb and have my DH in A1 Hell.

LOL the AH is all jacked up anything for any toon worth a damn is over priced  6 milli For any 1000k dmg weapon (unless some noob drops one on AH and u get lucky as hell) 

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

Indeed.  Only tards play garbage for 72 hours.  On to the next one budddddyyyyy.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by loeslein

Indeed.  Only tards play garbage for 72 hours.  On to the next one budddddyyyyy.

Only tards keep playing it after 72 hours.

• kiiixkiiix Member Posts: 93

I went through this game on normal, and i cant really see my self going through it again on a harder difficulty. Not because its hard or anything, but mainly because its BORING! Oh hey there monster "click" "click" Dead! Seriously this game is so repetative i cant understand how people could spend hundreds of hours ingame.

That one in a million Anime loving,Workout crazy, Gamer.
    KiX0@Steam/Raptr

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Originally posted by kiiix

I went through this game on normal, and i cant really see my self going through it again on a harder difficulty. Not because its hard or anything, but mainly because its BORING! Oh hey there monster "click" "click" Dead! Seriously this game is so repetative i cant understand how people could spend hundreds of hours ingame.

because that's what hack&slash games are about man.......grinding your @ss of for lewt :)

just enjoy, if you can't enjoy......move on.....

Originally posted by oubers

because that's what hack&slash games are about man.......grinding your @ss of for lewt :)

If only :) Whats the point of hack and slash grinding for loot when you can buy stuff thats way better on a "global" AH?

KiX0@Steam/Raptr

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

If only :) Whats the point of hack and slash grinding for loot when you can buy stuff thats way better on a "global" AH?

Because you need to farm loot, decide what will sell, sell it, then buy the exact and specific item you want....or you can farm it yourself.  Playing the game markets, and browsing the AH searching for a steal is actually quite a fun side game here..

Its another option, and is optional.

I dont understand (this game and many others like it) people buy it then compain about the core mechanic being boring...its like buying mario brothers than bitching how you have to jump all over the place...do people even read up on games before they buy them anymore?

Originally posted by Crunchy221

Because you need to farm loot, decide what will sell, sell it, then buy the exact and specific item you want....or you can farm it yourself.  Playing the game markets, and browsing the AH searching for a steal is actually quite a fun side game here..

Its another option, and is optional.

I dont understand (this game and many others like it) people buy it then compain about the core mechanic being boring...its like buying mario brothers than bitching how you have to jump all over the place...do people even read up on games before they buy them anymore?

Im not sayng its bad or anything. Im just saying that i cant understand people playing through the same game over and over again on harder difficutly just for loot. 

The core game is fine and all, and most people know what they are going to when they purchase diablo. (tho for me it was more group pressure and hype, but i still enjoyed my first playthrough)

KiX0@Steam/Raptr

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

I don't understand the OP's problem. All of the issues he brings up were raised by myself and MANY others on these forums prior to release. OP should have known what he/she was getting into before release.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Originally posted by colddog04
    Originally posted by loeslein

Only tards keep playing it after 72 hours.

And I bet he's still playing it right now.

• bansanbansan Member Posts: 367

Obviously this is what you get when a game is designed to create a real money AH.  How else do you expect them to get people to buy and sell except make the "endgame" insanely hard unless you have the bestest equipment?

Pray tell, how are you guys going to know if an item on the AH is sold by a real player, or Blizzard?

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Stop crying and move on?

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• ChemcalChemcal Member Posts: 32
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb

I don't understand the OP's problem. All of the issues he brings up were raised by myself and MANY others on these forums prior to release. OP should have known what he/she was getting into before release.

I don't play Beta's and I don't read the super technical news on games I'm excited for the release of. I watch trailers and try to keep knowledge of it to a minimum so I'm not disspointed by the end result. I knew of the RMAH and the lack of talent trees and hoped blizzard would do something really good. I was even in favor of the RMAH but didn't think this whole game would revolve around it. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6uoOUU7pB4s

ZGR's view on diablo III

i honestly lol'ed

KiX0@Steam/Raptr

• teabagteabag Member Posts: 118

+1

Will be very interesting to see how Activision & Blizzard greeds can crawls out of this one.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Just reading the subject line alone, I can already tell that I agree 100% with the OP.  I kept saying it was a 4/10 before the RMAH launched.  I'd like to change it to a 0/10.  As in... this is not a video game at all.  Unless "hey, everybody, please donate money to us right now" counts as a video game...  In which case, the Red Cross does it better.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

so cute those kids nowadays.

why do you think diablo 2 was played over 10 years? because items drop on first run? surely not.

the AH only gives you an option for the case that no shit ever drops, you sell the items you dont need and buy some stuff you can use.

you CAN decide to completely ignore the AH too tho.

that's when you go into the direction of a few years till you have your equipment tho, and THAT's when most of you would really start crying *mommy, i want me itams now*

seriously, a whining gamer is a healthy gamer ^^

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

Diablo 3 is the biggest pile of garbage to come out of blizzard since Darkthorne.

OT. I've heard of Blackthorne by Blizzard. You can't be talking about that game though as it was awesome. :)

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by Thane

so cute those kids nowadays.

why do you think diablo 2 was played over 10 years? because items drop on first run? surely not.

the AH only gives you an option for the case that no shit ever drops, you sell the items you dont need and buy some stuff you can use.

you CAN decide to completely ignore the AH too tho.

that's when you go into the direction of a few years till you have your equipment tho, and THAT's when most of you would really start crying *mommy, i want me itams now*

seriously, a whining gamer is a healthy gamer ^^

You missed the whole point of why Diablo 2 kicks the crap out of D3 to this day... it's the complete non-existence of the RMT auctions in D2.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• mate0377mate0377 Member UncommonPosts: 55

I dont know how the gambling works in D3 (never played it) but I've played D2 for quite long time and I could give myself infinite gold with hex editor and I did spend maybe 1billion gold on gambling and I found that at least 20mil gold was needed to get epic item and like 300mil gold to get epic item with atributes I wanted  and even with the best gear. It was impossible to finish the game on inferno mode with my barbarian

So if D3 has simmilar grinding system with gambling like D2 well I am sorry for people playing infinite grind game without end. Because I wasnt able to finish D2 on inferno with best gear and infinite gold

• XodenXoden Member Posts: 10
    lol that's definitely one way of putting it. I agree the RMT stuff definitely could of been handled better. but it must be kind of tough to handle a virtual economy with this much scope and items that are containing so many RNG variables. also difficult to see how the game would pan out on a live server environment with millions of active players, not just a beta server with a few thousands.

www.