Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If SOE Announced SWG 2 I Bet You Lot Would Buy It

MARTYB2KMARTYB2K Member Posts: 167

I would, as much as i hate the way things turned out i wouldn't be able to resist it. Now SOE is re-visiting old games like Planetside maybe we will one day see a SWG 2 [mod edit]

Comments

• MatchuMatchu Member UncommonPosts: 24

Yes I would buy it....but I cannot see it...ever, sadly.

• DarkOmegaDarkOmega Member Posts: 28

Not a hope in hell, after how they screwed the pooch last time, I would never buy another SOE product.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Only if they rehired Koster to do it :p

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• SentimeSentime Member UncommonPosts: 270

Not a chance in hell of buying it.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Well it would have to have a few things going for it

(1) sandbox pre-cu

(2) No nge

(3) no starfox on rails

(4) and no swtor cut seens.

If it remotly looks like swtor then no I am not interested.

• SandboxSandbox Member UncommonPosts: 295

Yes, I would buy an updated pre-cu version.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

Yep.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by DarkOmega

Not a hope in hell, after how they screwed the pooch last time, I would never buy another SOE product.

Exactly how I feel. Now if another company picked it up and designed an updated version of SWG Pre-NGE, I'd check it out. But there's no way I'd ever trust SOE again with my money. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by Vhaln

Only if they rehired Koster to do it :p

I hear Brad McQuaid needs work too.....

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by ktanner3

Exactly how I feel. Now if another company picked it up and designed an updated version of SWG Pre-NGE, I'd check it out. But there's no way I'd ever trust SOE again with my money. 

Same

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

I would probably take a look at it, but buying it.  Maybe if it was a fiver on ebay and could play the old server with same guild.

• AcorniaAcornia Member UncommonPosts: 275

I might, but would have to think long and hard about it if SoE name was on it.

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

I doubt anyone would buy it.  You know it will be P2W or end up eventually in the P2W business model.

• dirlokdirlok Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Originally posted by Sandbox

Yes, I would buy an updated pre-cu version.

Yes, this is me. I'd want it full sandbox as pre-cu. It really doesnt even need that much updating. I'd buy it.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

I'd give it the most scrutinizing once-over of it's life, and then buy based on whether it's devs "get it" or not. Seeing what direction SOE is headed these days, I'll tell you right now; No, they do not.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• hipiaphipiap Member UncommonPosts: 393

It would have to be true to what SW:G was originally..

I wouldn't care if it was CU or Pre-CU tbh...because I loved both of them in their own way. 

But for me...it would be dependant upon whether or not LA allowed the designer/host company the ability to Design based upon what the player base wanted and not what the Marketing department of the IP owner wanted.

MMO History: 2528 days in SW:G

• tman5tman5 Member Posts: 604

I would let the lot of YOU buy it first and report on it.  Then decide.  Pretty much what I do with every MMO.

Never say never . . . .

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    I would buy it in a second if it was a sandbox.  Hell im still waiting for Dark and Lights return, thats how weak I am!!

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• SWGbestevaSWGbesteva Member Posts: 10
    i would definately buy it, pre nge or post nge, i loved both games. hell i would buy any game that was like swg, the crafting/harvesting was awesome, the legacy post nge was cool if ya wanted themepark in ur sandbox, game was cool
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Either F2P or B2P ? yesthxhi, with a sub? nothxbye

• NilahNilah Member UncommonPosts: 5
    It would depend on an awful lot things going just right. After the BS Bioware turned out and labeled SW:TOR, I'd be pretty gun-shy about any up comming Star Wars MMO...

• AngztAngzt Member Posts: 230
    Originally posted by MARTYB2K

I would, as much as i hate the way things turned out i wouldn't be able to resist it. Now SOE is re-visiting old games like Planetside maybe we will one day see a SWG 2 [mod edit]

this decision is not sony's to make.

lucasarts clearly said they only want one star wars mmo at the market at a time.

sure, it could be nice, but it is highly unlikely.

"believe me, mike.. i calculated the odds of this working against the odds that i was doing something incredibly stupid… and i did it anyway!"

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    At this point I would lower my head and return even if it was that NGE garbage. 

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645

Holdin a grudge? lol. its been 7 years........ let it go.

Making a poll will help tell if the people really want swg 2.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

There still is a lot of angry customers that despise SOE for what they did, but I believe Lucas also played a part in this as well.

I would buy Star Wars Galaxies 2.0 only if they introduced it as a sandbox mmorpg. They could add in themepark elements, but please don't cut and paste it with another SWToR skin.

I think the Repopulation is going to be the closest we get to SWG 2.0