Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Really

gexz7gexz7 Member Posts: 131

Isometric games in 2012, really?  The feeling died with D2

Comments

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

A little too late for this, no?

• highflyinghighflying Member Posts: 22

Great topic!

Nice work man, tight, solid, keep us updated on your progress.

• gexz7gexz7 Member Posts: 131

You are correct, but when the game purports to rank #3 on the charts of an mmo site one starts to ponder the idea that in 2012 a 2001 format game is in the top tier, really?

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

Just you wait, I'm sure we'll see some platformers as well! :)

• ButregenyoButregenyo Member UncommonPosts: 483

Try Torchlight 2, it is fun unlike D3

• tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by gexz7

The 6.3 million people who bought the game obviously feel different. Maybe you should try it.

• SemibruceleeSemibrucelee Member Posts: 52
    Originally posted by highflying

Great topic!

Nice work man, tight, solid, keep us updated on your progress.

/fit/izen

Originally posted by tordurbar

The 6.3 million people who bought the game obviously feel different. Maybe you should try it.

Yeah hows that working out for you?  I played D2 for years but I did not get suckered into laying down $50+ dollars for an expereinces that is outdated in 2012.  Lets be honest D3 would have been great as a 3D game similar to WOW, but then noone would pay for WoW anymore.  There use to be a time when a good game was played by many across a lan or Gamespy hosted server now we are thrown junk and no matter how you spin it its akin to watching a movie in 2012 on VHS, sure a few diehards will do it, but the rest of humanity prefers DVD Blue_Ray on 1080P, how many of you will trun in your smartphone for just a phone?  really?

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by Butregenyo

Is there a release date on that yet?  I'm still waiting.  I bought D3 and wish I hadn't, really.  I think they've somehow taken the Diablo out of Diablo.  It just doesn't feel like the same series of games to me.  But what do I know?  I'm just one gamer.  Loads of people seem to love it, so....whatever. :)

Oh....and I'm an example of ONE of the 6.3 million who bought the game, so some of them....are unhappy with it, so yeah.  Just because 6.3 mil bought it, doesn't mean they all love it.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• xr00t3dxxr00t3dx Member Posts: 275

Yeah hows that working out for you?  I played D2 for years but I did not get suckered into laying down $50+ dollars for an expereinces that is outdated in 2012.  Lets be honest D3 would have been great as a 3D game similar to WOW, but then noone would pay for WoW anymore.  There use to be a time when a good game was played by many across a lan or Gamespy hosted server now we are thrown junk and no matter how you spin it its akin to watching a movie in 2012 on VHS, sure a few diehards will do it, but the rest of humanity prefers DVD Blue_Ray on 1080P, how many of you will trun in your smartphone for just a phone?  really?

How's that working out you say? Oh, it's working out to around $371,700,000.00. Like it or not It's working out pretty damn well.

Originally posted by xr00t3dx

How's that working out you say? Oh, it's working out to around $371,700,000.00. Like it or not It's working out pretty damn well.

LOL you somehow imply thats your $$ or forget the fact its taken 8+ years to develop, 2funnie

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

Ack! now you tell me, doh! here, all this time i've been playing and having a blast  not knowing that this type of game sucks now

• MavekMavek Member Posts: 138
    Originally posted by just1opinion

Is there a release date on that yet?  I'm still waiting. 

at e3 they said they expect it to be ready for august but no promises

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

According to the OP, game genre's are only allowed to have a very short lifespan. Using that logic, I can't believe we have FPS, Platformers, Puzzlers,adventure, etc. in 2012. Really? In 2012?

Originally posted by wrightstuf

Ack! now you tell me, doh! here, all this time i've been playing and having a blast  not knowing that this type of game sucks now

I am pretty sure I did not say the game sucked, I merely stated it sould not be on this forumn and its an outdated game in 2012

I play a lot of old games but hell if we are going to put them on MMOPRG we ought to put Fable or Elder Scrolls or Devil May Cry or ME or Blac Isle, Dale ICEwind similiar on these forumns as well.  Just saying

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

I know really what is up with games not being in 3-D. Don't they know that stuff that isn't 3-D sucks now obviously. Speaking of stuff that sucks, those cars really suck. How dare they try using an old technology for me to travel around in. I demand flying ships and shut now, cars are old and obviously can't exist anymore.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    Originally posted by Mavek

Is there a release date on that yet?  I'm still waiting. 

at e3 they said they expect it to be ready for august but no promises

They also said it would be ready by last Christmas 'at the latest'.

This is beginning to feel like the release of Dungeon Defenders all over again.

• GraeyGraey Member UncommonPosts: 281

Is there a release date on that yet?  I'm still waiting.  I bought D3 and wish I hadn't, really.  I think they've somehow taken the Diablo out of Diablo.  It just doesn't feel like the same series of games to me.  But what do I know?  I'm just one gamer.  Loads of people seem to love it, so....whatever. :)

Oh....and I'm an example of ONE of the 6.3 million who bought the game, so some of them....are unhappy with it, so yeah.  Just because 6.3 mil bought it, doesn't mean they all love it.

Im waiting for Torch Light as well...I keep going to their stupid site...kidding...in hopes they would update a release date..but noooo oh of course not. So for the most part I'm just leveling up my witch doctor. I have given up on progress in this game. Instead I just kind of do chapter runs. Can't get anywhere viable in inferno at the moment. And I don't really have enough gold for auction house gear. Mind you I don't want it to be easy but man thoes elite packs are something else lol.

In hindsight I should have saved my momeny and not invested it in the blacksmith and just waiting till 60 before I bought anything. Ole well its all good.

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

I am pretty sure I did not say the game sucked, I merely stated it sould not be on this forumn and its an outdated game in 2012

I play a lot of old games but hell if we are going to put them on MMOPRG we ought to put Fable or Elder Scrolls or Devil May Cry or ME or Blac Isle, Dale ICEwind similiar on these forumns as well.  Just saying

Really? You said that in your original post..... It must have been in invisible font, because I sure as hell don't see it.

Originally posted by Purutzil

I know really what is up with games not being in 3-D. Don't they know that stuff that isn't 3-D sucks now obviously. Speaking of stuff that sucks, those cars really suck. How dare they try using an old technology for me to travel around in. I demand flying ships and shut now, cars are old and obviously can't exist anymore.

FYI cars do not have distributors anymore because computers fire the plugs, we have ethanol and natural gas vehicles and cars without carburetors so good idea wrong application, keep trying

Originally posted by Psychow

According to the OP, game genre's are only allowed to have a very short lifespan. Using that logic, I can't believe we have FPS, Platformers, Puzzlers,adventure, etc. in 2012. Really? In 2012?

Compeltely lost on your point here, you know they could have always just upgraded D2 to current specs and I'd still be playing
    I love old games but this game as #3 on this site is a joke, Really!!!

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by Graey

Im waiting for Torch Light as well...I keep going to their stupid site...kidding...in hopes they would update a release date..but noooo oh of course not. So for the most part I'm just leveling up my witch doctor. I have given up on progress in this game. Instead I just kind of do chapter runs. Can't get anywhere viable in inferno at the moment. And I don't really have enough gold for auction house gear. Mind you I don't want it to be easy but man thoes elite packs are something else lol.

In hindsight I should have saved my momeny and not invested it in the blacksmith and just waiting till 60 before I bought anything. Ole well its all good.

Thanks to all who answered about the release date.

I did the same thing with blacksmithing AND jewelcrafting, so I'm REALLY wishing I could turn back the clock.  Gold is NOT something I have much of, to be sure.   Just thinking about playing it....makes me tired.  I just don't think I care for it much.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

Originally posted by Emeraq

Really? You said that in your original post..... It must have been in invisible font, because I sure as hell don't see it.

Well no but I did not say it was awful either, which i why I have clarfied my intial point

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541

It's the least problem (if problem at all) that this game have. Trust me.

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

The games perspective does not make it outdated.  It has a different feel etc and there are reasons to chose 2D. 2.5 (isometric) or 3D from a design standpoint.  The view lets you see all those baddies surrounding you etc.  I am going to go ahead and assume you are just baiting people though.  I agree that it is not an MMO but again. . that has nothing to do with the viewing perspective of game play.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!