Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When is next beta?

marremurtmarremurt Member UncommonPosts: 45

saw there were an beta 8-10th June, but when will next beta test be?

i want to play GW2! xd

Comments

• NeferaNefera Member Posts: 426

Roughly once per month, so mid- to end of July could be a fair guess. Date to be confirmed later.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Actually the last beta early une was in fact the may beta, so there could be another beta next week or the week there after.

Point is these are all educted guesses, but nothing more then guesses because we simply do not know the exact date

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• marremurtmarremurt Member UncommonPosts: 45

o i see guys,

hopefully soon ;)

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Actually the last beta early une was in fact the may beta, so there could be another beta next week or the week there after.

Point is these are all educted guesses, but nothing more then guesses because we simply do not know the exact date

In the magazine world, the June issue comes out in May.  In GW2 BWE, the May issue comes out in June.  image

Regardless, I'm thinking (or rather hoping) that the next BWE will be in a week or two to make up for the lack of a May BWE.

• Brent17Brent17 Member Posts: 17
    I don't know when it will be, but yesterday when I tried loading the game again (to check something out in the option settings), it started downloading almost all the files again.
  • ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

If I was to guess I would bet end of July.  Gives them roughly the same amount of time to work on issues as was used between BWE 1 and 2.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• OrsonDiturnoOrsonDiturno Member Posts: 35

Well, considering that both BWE's have been on the weekend AFTER my 3day weekend. I would say that the next one is July 20th to 22nd.

• MattVidMattVid Member Posts: 399

I would imagine the next beta test will be when they have a new build and things for us to test. Bugs ironed out and a need to test. This is beta afterall :P The sooner the better, I need my fix, but I can wait :)

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

If I was to guess I would bet end of July.  Gives them roughly the same amount of time to work on issues as was used between BWE 1 and 2.

There were a lot fewer issues from BWE2 than from BWE1 and BWE2 was delayed by two weeks because they had to upgrade their server hardware. Roughly once a month can mean a three week gap as much as it can be a five week gap and end of July is into "roughly every other month" territory.

I think by the end of June, to make up for the 6 week delay between BWE1 and BWE2 and to reflect the fact that there were a lot fewer issues.

Nobody on the forums jumped down their throughts for bugs, new or old and a large portion of people seemed to thing BWE2 was good enough to earn the game a release date announcement by the end of June. I'm sort of hoping that the lesson Arenanet will take from that is that it's pointless to delay a BWE in order to try to make it as perfect as possible. People are far more concerned about getting at least a weekend a month and a release date than the odd bugs or issues.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• kiiixkiiix Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by Nefera

Roughly once per month, so mid- to end of July could be a fair guess. Date to be confirmed later.

Nice. Really want to try it out some more :]

That one in a million Anime loving,Workout crazy, Gamer.
    KiX0@Steam/Raptr

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

dunno when it is but I am certainly looking forward to it. Never really followed the game much , but started reading up on it a coupe of weeks ago and purchased a pre order. More I read about it the more I like a lot of the core design concepts. Just hope the game play and polish live up to my expectations.

I miss DAoC

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by Jackdog

dunno when it is but I am certainly looking forward to it. Never really followed the game much , but started reading up on it a coupe of weeks ago and purchased a pre order. More I read about it the more I like a lot of the core design concepts. Just hope the game play and polish live up to my expectations.

Same as you really, I went in to the last beta weekend expecting to dislike the game and now I can't wait to play it again, hopefully we will see a release date anouncement sometime soon! I am tempted by the collectors edition but without a release date im not putting any money down yet.

• nadrian3knadrian3k Member UncommonPosts: 101

Considering there has been 1 month break between BWE1 and BWE2 ...i have a feeling we will see it in a month (aka 3 weeks considering 1 week already passed).

This hasn't been confirmed by ANet...it's just a feeling based on how things worked till now.

Also keep in mind ANet wants to do as much beta testing as possible because they want to release the game relatively soon.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

I think we may see a beta quicker this time around. That is if they don't have to upgrade the servers again. They seem to be at a pretty good point at the moment. I hope you all sent those bug reports!

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Originally posted by Magnetia

I think we may see a beta quicker this time around. That is if they don't have to upgrade the servers again. They seem to be at a pretty good point at the moment. I hope you all sent those bug reports!

I certaily hope so, no one in my guild has been following it much or been in beta. I am hoping a few of us willl make the move from TOR over to it at release, don't get me wrong I am not a TOR hater but I beta'ed it for a year before it's release and am just ready for a change of pace. The burn out factor  is why I never applied to GW2 for closed beta, did that with my last two games and sworn never to apply for a closed beta again. A couple of guildies have expressed interest in my "book report" on GW2 so far.

Another game whose name shall not be mentioned but that is due out next month proved to be a disapoinment.

I miss DAoC

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762

I'd say the next BWE is not soon enough.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Given they already HAVE my money I had hoped a whee bit more than just once a month.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

They did say before pre-purchases began that they were aiming to roughly once a month (subject to change), so I guess in about 3 weeks or so. Maybe they'll do a stress test before, though, considering that the game just had a rather big patch this last weekend.. :)

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• Soldier101Soldier101 Member Posts: 111

Will i thought that the game was coming out next week, couse gamestop shows it for relase for the 26 of june.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    Originally posted by Soldier101

Will i thought that the game was coming out next week, couse gamestop shows it for relase for the 26 of june.

There's no release date yet, and while there might be a release window they're aiming for, they haven't told anyone yet (including gamespot). They've been out of their way in almost every medium (facebook, twitter, interviews and so on) to say that, and that any release date that doesn't come directly from them is just a retailer's guesstimate and nothing official.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995

We've only seen the starter areas in BWEs and the new zone that was released last BWE did feel less polished than the starter areas.  Based on that, I have to wonder how much of the content has been built beyond what we have already seen.  We may have a bit of a wait on our hands for release.

• SaxonbladeSaxonblade Member Posts: 275
    Originally posted by killion81

We've only seen the starter areas in BWEs and the new zone that was released last BWE did feel less polished than the starter areas.  Based on that, I have to wonder how much of the content has been built beyond what we have already seen.  We may have a bit of a wait on our hands for release.

I agree with you on this, but I do also feel they have most of the content completed, I could be wrong though since we have not seen two of the starter zones.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

My guess is we will see the BWE every 4-6 weeks, So mid to end of July will be the next one IMO. There was some info released that they are hoping to have a BWE every month. Hope is the key word. So I dont see one happening again this month and dont be upset if it dose not happen in July as they want to but does not mean the ducks will be in a row.

http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/arenanet-monthly-beta-weekends-launch/