Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanarch system failed

otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547

We are just at the second round of elections and there are already more provinces available than GL running for Vanarch

In both US

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/Significantly-less-vanarchs-running?page=1

and EU

https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=99190

This went down even faster than the Korean version of it. The Vanarch system offers too few and demands too much in terms of gold and time.  Guilds feel it's a chore, they grind and waste time and money only to get a mount and open up some shops.

This is why i said the Political system was just a marketing gimmick: there is no depth to it, it's completely useless.

Until they add sieges or create some kind of connetion to owpvp (war between different areas) 99% of the players won't bother with the so called "political system". Only people with time and money to waste will care.

Comments

• TerronteTerronte Member Posts: 321

It seems to me it might work when many people are at end game. It'll give people more to do than grind dungeons. I think it'll take time for people to adjust too.

Everybody expected taxes to be 1% with all the vendors open. I think now that the people know how much work it is, the taxes will go up significantly.

• A_hiA_hi Member Posts: 87

been saying this for a long time :p

nobody is gonna keep grinding their asses off so they can keep some shops open in a lvl 40 ghost zone

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by A_hi

nobody is gonna keep grinding their asses off so they can keep some shops open in a lvl 40 ghost zone

Game hasn't been out that long - so a long time is relative.

It really depends on how the developer adds to the game.

Many of the new games coming out are 'grind fests' so what is different about this game?

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

If EME adds better rewards and/or a lower entry barrier for Vanarchy, I can see the system being saved.

However, as of now, it's more trouble that it's worth for over 95% of the game population (just random statistic).

Which is sad, because combat and the political system are pretty much the only two things that are unique about this game.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by Vorch

If EME adds better rewards and/or a lower entry barrier for Vanarchy, I can see the system being saved.

However, as of now, it's more trouble that it's worth for over 95% of the game population (just random statistic).

Which is sad, because combat and the political system are pretty much the only two things that are unique about this game.

If you are just making things up why even bother to post?

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

Originally posted by Slampig

If you are just making things up why even bother to post?

lol...sorry, the burden of proof is on me, so I understand. I didn't realize that I needed a scientific study or poll to post.

I will corret myself: in TERA, there are now more regions than Vanarchs running. That means on some servers, there will be no vanarchs for certain areas. It is my belief, and the belief of others that this is directly related to the horrible reward vs. expediture ratio.

It is my belief, and the belief of others, that this trend will continue without intervention from EME.

That better?

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Really, there's only 4-5 zones that turn a decent to large profit so if you don't get those zones you're basically SOL.

Our guild has Westonia and that is a dead 40 zone and we still got 100-200g per day from taxes with the tax rate set to 1%, from the normal 5% rate, the players expect too much out of guilds, I think leaving the taxes at 5% is fair on the guilds, people shouldn't be pressuring them to make it the lowest possible.

At 5-6% just about every zone would warrant a profit + you get the nice mount and your guilds e-peen enlarger. It would make more people care about being Vanarch if the community at least allowed us to make a profit off of it, but they complain if the tax rate isn't 1-2%.

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

Basically smaller guild take the more remote outpost and build their fan base there and later they can take a shot at the bigger province as well. The reward is well worth it as you gain taxes and a cool vanarch mount(fastest in the game). I've seen WoW player doing crappier stuff for an epic mount. With the implementation of battleground is where the politic system will get interesting as it offer the smaller but hardcore guild a good chance at the end game zone. 

• BananaSoupBananaSoup Member UncommonPosts: 180
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by A_hi

Game hasn't been out that long - so a long time is relative.

It really depends on how the developer adds to the game.

Many of the new ASIAN games coming out are 'grind fests' so what is different about this game?

Fixed it for ya :)

• otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547
    Originally posted by channel84

Basically smaller guild take the more remote outpost and build their fan base there and later they can take a shot at the bigger province as well. The reward is well worth it as you gain taxes and a cool vanarch mount(fastest in the game). I've seen WoW player doing crappier stuff for an epic mount. With the implementation of battleground is where the politic system will get interesting as it offer the smaller but hardcore guild a good chance at the end game zone. 

If you think you can earn money from being a Vanarch... think twice. One of the reason the Political System failed is that it's not profitable at all.

You have to spend a lot of gold AND money to gain a temporary mount. And if you don't grind those policy points you will even have to endure the whining from other players that want all the services up 24hours/day.

BTW i guess they understood how badly the political system was failing. So here's news

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/477/feature/6481/TERA-Updates-to-the-Political-System.html

A gvg with points.

Sure it's better than nothing but i guess it's not hard how it will easily exploited.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

Unfortunately, it's a poor design with obvious flaws.  Hopefully they significantly boost the incentives, or at least reduce the requirements for work involved.  The new GvG battles are a welcome edition.

I really don't even think low-mid level zones should be subject to it.

Wonder what's stopping a guild from having everyone either sign off or go to a safe zone for a week after they are in the lead...

• EwanisEwanis Member UncommonPosts: 39

Wonder what's stopping a guild from having everyone either sign off or go to a safe zone for a week after they are in the lead...

If there is 5 guild fighting for one zone, others can simply get more points and win with the cowards.

Originally posted by otacu

If you think you can earn money from being a Vanarch... think twice. One of the reason the Political System failed is that it's not profitable at all.

You have to spend a lot of gold AND money to gain a temporary mount. And if you don't grind those policy points you will even have to endure the whining from other players that want all the services up 24hours/day.

BTW i guess they understood how badly the political system was failing. So here's news

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/477/feature/6481/TERA-Updates-to-the-Political-System.html

A gvg with points.

Sure it's better than nothing but i guess it's not hard how it will easily exploited.

My guild Supreme Society is the top guild in essenia in tera eu(highest praise and highest vote in any continent we choose). We earn lots of income from taxes in end game zone vanarchy and we've decided to even organize event for ppl in our province from the profit that we've earn. Policy point = 1 hour of guild get together questing session. The current vanarch thru vote system require you to have a powerful guild to be viable. Smaller guild should wait for the fight for vanarch style election. And this is not a design flaw, its just that it's not yet implemented in the west and they're going to do so after the battleground is introduce in the summer. Current gvg iteration of fight for vanarchy is just a placeholder.

Whinning = something people have no problem achieving under the system while you blame the system. Good luck in life

• rounnerrounner Member UncommonPosts: 725

A gvg with points.

My guild Supreme Society is the top guild in essenia in tera eu(highest praise and highest vote in any continent we choose). We earn lots of income from taxes in end game zone vanarchy and we've decided to even organize event for ppl in our province from the profit that we've earn. Policy point = 1 hour of guild get together questing session. The current vanarch thru vote system require you to have a powerful guild to be viable. Smaller guild should wait for the fight for vanarch style election. And this is not a design flaw, its just that it's not yet implemented in the west and they're going to do so after the battleground is introduce in the summer. Current gvg iteration of fight for vanarchy is just a placeholder.

Whinning = something people have no problem achieving under the system while you blame the system. Good luck in life

If you're in a position to refute the post based on personal experience, please elaborate.

Originally posted by rounner

snip

snip

snip

If you're in a position to refute the post based on personal experience, please elaborate.

On Bastion province a guild can get around 1000gold per day from taxes with minimum taxe rate. Currently the system favor bigger and organize guild. Until they introduce the fight for vanarchy, smaller and organize guild doesn't really have much chance. Policy point is just a few quest that officer and leader do, nothing major or time consuming. The political system created an interesting situation in the pvp server where random griefing and pk will not contribute to your guild vanarchy success thus our guild capitalize on helping other player to gain recognition and fame.

While that being said other province may not provide that much of the income. Esspecially lower level province. That is why end game province are sought after by powerful guild. 

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

Basically smaller guild take the more remote outpost and build their fan
    base there and later they can take a shot at the bigger province as well. The reward is well worth it as you gain taxes and a cool vanarch mount(fastest in the game). I've seen WoW player doing crappier stuff for an epic mount. With the implementation of battleground is where the politic system will get interesting as it offer the smaller but hardcore guild a good chance at the end game zone. 

The political system fails because it doesn't exsit of what you just said is true. Battle grounds to take control of an area... No thank you

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher