Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 screen shot bonanza! (BWE2 Edition)

Comments

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Running through the snowy northlands actually made me feel cool on a hot summer day.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• mrgrimrprmrgrimrpr Member Posts: 87

Whats impressive to you guys?

Not trolling, just wanted to know who thinks these graphics are good?

Honestly alot is missing in translation, and i'm not sure those SS's are full graphics turned on.

Originally posted by mrgrimrpr

Honestly alot is missing in translation, and i'm not sure those SS's are full graphics turned on.

The game is gorgeous and some screen shots are works of art, while others are just a peek at the game and game play. IMO, no current MMO beats the aesthetics of GW2. That's a subjective opinion, but I actually have an art background and I can say that objectively the game is top notch.

GW2 has an optional setting for depth of field and edge enhancement which looks great in game and actually seems to enhance frame rates, but translates poorly in normal resolution screen shots. I included normal resolution screen shots with the interface visible, even though I knew the quality would appear less than during actual game play, because it's easier to catch ongoing game play that way and I realize that some people want to see the game in action with the ui.

I guess I'll turn the question back on you. How could you think the game looks anything less than good, even with a competative bias preventing you from admitting the game looks great? Why post as you did if it isn't meant to be something other than an honest contribution to the thread? To many, your question might just quantify you as someone with a bad eye for aesthetics or such a deep bias that they can't see the obvious. In short, I just don't get your post.

Why not post screen shots of your own game of choice in the appropriate forum, for those who might appreciate it? Rather than coming here trying to question the obvious? The game looks great and to most that's pretty obvious.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

A few more for the thread.

Click to see higher resolution.

• NeferaNefera Member Posts: 426
    Originally posted by dadante666
    Originally posted by Nefera

First two pics in BWE #1, third in BWE #2. Graphics card: 2x HD 5770 OC'd (neither OC or crossfire were supported in beta). Screenshots taken in what essentially would be medium settings, so definitely not max quality.

whats GS is this? ^ its craft and what its call ..some 1 knows??

That sword's an environmental weapon I found, has a nice frost animation. That character's a human necro (see the face paint), so I wouldn't be able to wield a real greatsword anyway.

• NeferaNefera Member Posts: 426
    Originally posted by mrgrimrpr

The screenshots don't do justice to the real game. I can certainly say that my screenshots didn't have high quality graphics, or even all the graphics options enabled, but even at medium settings some of the scenery in game was breathtaking.

Originally posted by Mmotosher
    Its Nice of course. But all that Fuss with slagging off character looks in tsw. I dont think gw2 human models look better

A GW2 screenshot thread has nothing to do with TSW. You can debate that issue over in the TSW forum. You shouldn't have any trouble finding screnshots to make comparisons, over there. Hopefully you'll make honest comparisons, but that's neither here nor there. This isn't a "compare game x to GW2" thread, so please take it elsewhere.

Icey environs never looked so good! :)

Click images for higher resolution.

This one gives me a chuckle. "Are you sure we shouldn't stop and ask for directions"?

• Poison_AdelePoison_Adele Member CommonPosts: 287

First this one, which is NOT mine--credit goes to Nccsdfsd something from Reddit. If you look closely in the bottom left corner you can see someone in the middle of completing this jumping puzzle.

Now for a few of my own:

A couple more for the thread:

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by fiontar

Running through the snowy northlands actually made me feel cool on a hot summer day.

I could use that, as my AC is currently busted.  In Floida.  I think I'll just stare at this picture all day and think cool thoughts.  Thanks for the post!

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

Did anyone make a male character? I feel like im the only person playing a dude!

I didn't take any screens because I didn't expect to even like the game, next BWE I will be taking plenty to try and help me decide what race and class combo was the best so I spend less time deciding on release day!

• MercAngelMercAngel Member Posts: 204

• megera23megera23 Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Originally posted by SlickShoes

Did anyone make a male character? I feel like im the only person playing a dude!

I didn't take any screens because I didn't expect to even like the game, next BWE I will be taking plenty to try and help me decide what race and class combo was the best so I spend less time deciding on release day!

I did.

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s419/megera23/Guild%20Wars%202/gw216.jpg

• OrsonDiturnoOrsonDiturno Member Posts: 35

I like the new sunglasses in the cash shop.

• OrsonDiturnoOrsonDiturno Member Posts: 35

Here is another shot.

Originally posted by MercAngel

Some here not many only about 23

http://atlantis.servegame.org/Images/index.php/Guild-Wars-2

Some really good ones there. :)

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

Can you create muscular female characters in this game? All the females I've seen on screenshots are these skinny fragile things looking like they'll break as soon as something hits them. Just wondering if it's possible to create a "realistic" female char for plate classes, I've seen some skinny but also very beefy male characters.

• Poison_AdelePoison_Adele Member CommonPosts: 287
    Originally posted by Kuinn

Can you create muscular female characters in this game? All the females I've seen on screenshots are these skinny fragile things looking like they'll break as soon as something hits them. Just wondering if it's possible to create a "realistic" female char for plate classes, I've seen some skinny but also very beefy male characters.

Norns.

• aithieelaithieel Member Posts: 232
    Originally posted by SlickShoes

I made male character ;).

I added the best screens I've made to mmorpg site:

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Kuinn

You can change body types and a couple of the Norn ones are a tad thicker. Let me see if I can find a good example.

Zoom in the picture and look at the one on the right:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/hk_2/GW/Norn_Female_Front.jpg

As to number of screen shots, if all one cared about were the characters, then yeah, 600 would be overkill. The real star of the screen shots is the environments. With no first person view, the easiest way to take screens is with the character visible. (You have to /sleep and properly position the camera to get shots with out them). Besides, some people want to see the characters and if they only look at a few screens, they still get to see them. People who look at most or all will be doing so for the environments, not to see the characters from every possible angle.

I didn't start to really snap away until half way through the weekend and looking through the shots I have, there are a lot of environments and other sights in the game I missed. I could probably have 10,000 screen shots and still have missed something I wanted to share.

(I have more than I shared, I just weeded out a lot of bad shots, the same way I would with photographs. It's easier to take a lot more than you need, so you'll have a better chance of getting the shots you want).

It definitely more productive that trolling game forums.

• ButregenyoButregenyo Member UncommonPosts: 483

• aithieelaithieel Member Posts: 232

Yes, I also did (mosty) screens of environment not of my char (thanks to /sleep emote). fiontar for me you did great job with screens and congratz on your black dye (?) ;)! I really like armor on the second caption (OP).

Here's my character /speaking of male characters/