Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What we need is a World of Warcraft 2

Comments

• Ashen_XAshen_X Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by Epicent

MoP? Get real. Give me World of Warcraft 2. Tired of looking forward to all these games and getting dissapointed constantly. How many times do I go back to WoW because other mmos come out and get boring after a week lol. Tell me project Titan is WoW 2 and I will be happy. :P

It took less than a week for me to get bored with WoW. Im glad you like it though.

When all has been said and done, more will have been said than done.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

What we need is a NEXT GEN MMO.

WoW already dominates the current gen, yet developers think they can half-ass and get a similar slice of the profit pie?

It doesn't help that WoW can keep updating itself. Developers thus need to go beyond what Blizzard is capable of doing.

It's as simple as that.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437
  • Arathir86Arathir86 Member UncommonPosts: 442

@OP

You're Joking right?

WoW has ruined the MMO Market in a lot of ways, for the longest time Blizzard had a monopoly when it came to MMO's, this made other developers think they could ride on the same gravy train but instead all players got was the same repetative and exclusionary gameplay that WoW offers.

It is only in the past 2 years that we have been seeing people try to break from the norm and try new things, I also have little expectations when it comes to Project Titan from Blizzard because the last, what, 3 project leads have either quit or been sacked, that doesn't inspire a lot of confidence...

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Originally posted by Metentso

OP is right and you know it.

As much as I hate WOW- (and I HATE WOW) I know what you mean and you are right.

• ButregenyoButregenyo Member UncommonPosts: 483

Blizzard. Now you are just some company that we used to know!

• MaxJacMaxJac Member Posts: 185

I played WoW for a few years before becoming disenchanted. It is a good game, but it has aged and been bogged down by years of copy cats of a game that innovated off of already existing conventions. If Blizzard came out with a new MMO and innovated a lot once again, I would be on board. The hate that Blizzard gets is misdirected. I say this as someone who currently plays no Blizzard games.

• GrrlGrrl Member UncommonPosts: 354
    Originally posted by Kreedz

@OP

You're Joking right?

WoW has ruined the MMO Market in a lot of ways, for the longest time Blizzard had a monopoly when it came to MMO's, this made other developers think they could ride on the same gravy train but instead all players got was the same repetative and exclusionary gameplay that WoW offers.

It is only in the past 2 years that we have been seeing people try to break from the norm and try new things, I also have little expectations when it comes to Project Titan from Blizzard because the last, what, 3 project leads have either quit or been sacked, that doesn't inspire a lot of confidence...

Ha. Get over yourself. WoW has ruined the MMO market? It's not Blizzard's fault for being successful. If Blizzard didn't exist, we'd be stupid enough to stay in a horrible mmo and not even know it.. Imagine if Blizzard had shown up and made WoW.. We'd feel grateful. All of you definitely will and in this current state how the market is going.. I'm definitely grateful. I get to know the difference between bad and worthy mmos now.. :) 

Quit dissing on Blizzard.. You wannabe badasses that knows such about gaming spewing on every single game out there ought to make a game themselves and they'll definitely be beneath everyone's expectations. I'd definitely love for you to get the taste of your OWN medicine. Sheesh.

• BananaSoupBananaSoup Member UncommonPosts: 180
    Originally posted by Cromica

All I need is GW2

This :)

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

All I need is GW2

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• GrrlGrrl Member UncommonPosts: 354

As for people hyping about Tera and Rift before they came out - all excited and all that crap and as a result, they were disappointed. Seriously? You definitely have the wrong viewpoint on mmorpgs.

MMORPGs means: involve the storylore of the games, exaggeration of questlines, subquests, a to b killing, limitation of pvp yet people bitch about open-world pvp and want it limited (make up your mind, people), dated graphics (they do that because not everyone can afford up to par computers.. only a certain few can) The reason people join and go back to WoW is because of that === flexible graphics on outdated machines!!!! Of course, don't forget.. mmo wouldn't be an mmo without a community of multiplayers... online.

It's not our fault that the gaming market is kaput because of your bitchiness, whining, self-involved, self-centered, hard-to-please gamers. You guys are hypocrites. For those that implied who had quit WoW are liars. They're too proud to admit that they're playing. Due to the hype and criticism on the game, they had to follow others. Why hide in the shadows? I'm proud to be still playing WoW for the past 6 years. I do take breaks and try out other games.. but WoW has always been my home. In fact, it was my first MMO ever. 

I did try out Rift.. It wasn't my cup of tea due to the fact that it's slow. Why wear the gear from lvl 1 to 20 - yeah, it's a let down. You would pretty much have a better luck to join a guild and get hand-me-downs or have some do crafting for you if you kiss asses.. I don't fit that profile. I'd rather earn my way up and it was pretty slow.. so I'll give it another try later when I feel like it. 

I did try Tera in beta stages and I absolutely loved the graphics, the customizations, the world, the lore, the classes, the races.. everything in its game - but, it's pretty slow too. It's expensive also. It gets nauseating at times. I don't see the point of flying in the warps like that.. It was like, oooh at first.. then I'd have to open a map to cover the screen til the pegasus has landed lol. I'm definitely going to give it another try later. Almost every mmo has their pros and cons. There isn't any games that I absolutely hate. Well, I do not like one & that'd be Darkfall. Anyways, back to the point - WoW is basically a game that Blizzard has made it a home for almost everyone. It's everything that everyone wants in a MMO except for a certain additions that'd be nice to be added to the game.. but, Blizzard isn't here to please every single suggestion the gamers ask for. Sorry :) 

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

..... the kid is for real?................bye

• bigcheeseukbigcheeseuk Member UncommonPosts: 133

I can see the advertising already

WoW2 RPG PC game for ages 2+

• TheRegulatorTheRegulator Member Posts: 30

I'm still waiting for Warcraft 4.  Leave it to blizzard to kill off one of the greatest RTS franchise.

• Arathir86Arathir86 Member UncommonPosts: 442
    Originally posted by Luxely

@OP

You're Joking right?

Ha. Get over yourself. WoW has ruined the MMO market? It's not Blizzard's fault for being successful. If Blizzard didn't exist, we'd be stupid enough to stay in a horrible mmo and not even know it.. Imagine if Blizzard had shown up and made WoW.. We'd feel grateful. All of you definitely will and in this current state how the market is going.. I'm definitely grateful. I get to know the difference between bad and worthy mmos now.. :) 

Quit dissing on Blizzard.. You wannabe badasses that knows such about gaming spewing on every single game out there ought to make a game themselves and they'll definitely be beneath everyone's expectations. I'd definitely love for you to get the taste of your OWN medicine. Sheesh.

Not sure why you've decided to direct your anger at me, since youre basicly agreeing with me, yet you feel the need to call me names?

In hindsight, yes, it may seem like WoW's success and more recently it's stagnation has 'taught' players to know the difference between a bad/good mmo. But it is also because it was so succesful that other developers wasted their time copying it instead of developing new tech and gameplay that we are seeing today with games like TERA, TSW, GW2, etc.

Just think what it would have been like if WoW was a failure, we might have seen these 'next gen' MMO's 5 years ago instead of just now...

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Originally posted by Luxely
    It's everything that everyone wants in a MMO except for a certain additions that'd be nice to be added to the game.. but, Blizzard isn't here to please every single suggestion the gamers ask for. Sorry :) 

Aside from an art style and graphics that actually manage to stay up to par to the standards of 2012 expectations?

Gamers always ridicule the importance of that aspect of MMO's, but audiovisual quality is THE driving factor for failing MMO's. Sorry guys, graphics matter. Especially if you want to out-WoW WoW.

Just think what it would have been like if WoW was a failure, we might have seen these 'next gen' MMO's 5 years ago instead of just now...

Investors wouldn't see as much profit to be made from the genre, making them less likely to finance the development of these 'next gen' MMO's especially 5 years ago. If there's no profit to be made (and enough proof to convince those paying for it all), it's not going to happen.

WoW is an incentive as much as it is a hindrance to the development of the genre.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by DJJazzy

When you say we you really mean you, correct?

Yes he means him.  I wouldnt touch WoW 2 with a 10' pole unless it was a sandpark game with absolutely zero endgame raiding and no gear threadmill and concentrated on vertical progression instead of horizontal progression.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Originally posted by Epicent

MoP? Get real. Give me World of Warcraft 2. Tired of looking forward to all these games and getting dissapointed constantly. How many times do I go back to WoW because other mmos come out and get boring after a week lol. Tell me project Titan is WoW 2 and I will be happy. :P

spot on. but this thing is quite brave to say here not being hammered donw by trolling and qq machines.

world of warcraft with new engine ( graphics aswell )

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by Hyanmen

Investors wouldn't see as much profit to be made from the genre, making them less likely to finance the development of these 'next gen' MMO's especially 5 years ago. If there's no profit to be made (and enough proof to convince those paying for it all), it's not going to happen.

WoW is an incentive as much as it is a hindrance to the development of the genre.

Sorry thats nonsense.  MMOs are potentially a huge money maker.  Do you think Bioware got into the act because they thought SWTOR would fail?  NO, they got into the genre because there is a huge market for it as evident by the MMO's continuing to come out.  If WoW hadnt been a big hit another well-polished, high-production quality AAA MMO would of taken its place.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538

1. WoW didnt ruin anything.

2. There is a larger audience interested in MMORPGS now than there was in 2005. Much larger.

3. Overall games and their design intentionally cater to the newer market as opposed to the old..

4. Guild Wars 2 is all thats needed for awhile. It should, influence the market for the better...at least one can only hope.

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

All I need is GW2

+1

Originally posted by Zylaxx

Sorry thats nonsense.  MMOs are potentially a huge money maker.  Do you think Bioware got into the act because they thought SWTOR would fail?  NO, they got into the genre because there is a huge market for it as evident by the MMO's continuing to come out.  If WoW hadnt been a big hit another well-polished, high-production quality AAA MMO would of taken its place.

If there's no evidence of them being "potentially" huge money makers, that means more risk for the investors, who are less likely to invest in such a gamble.

WoW proved that there is a huge market for the genre. Investors got what they wanted to justify financing more high quality MMO's.

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

WoW 2 - not even a realistic proposition imo.

Why create a WoW 2 when it would be just as easy to improve WoW 1, they created a game that essentially borrowed from all it's predecessors but took out the painful parts & instead of mob grind added a quest grind to make for a more solo-friendly game, they've continued to do the same thing since, another game adds a feature they go & copy it over into WoW - achievements , borrowed from WAR's book of knowledge - just one example. Don't be surprised to see them crowbar in a copy of SOEmote at some point.

Just sayin'

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

WOW has to stop making money and die first, which won't happen for atleast 5 more years. Also, when it starts going down one day, they'll probably just make Warcraf 4 and revive thet series and milk that one. Then, after 20 years, maybe they'll make WOW 2.