Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not too late to get D3 refunded.

Comments

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Aeolron

Yeah I know what your saying, I only manage maybe a few horus a night if im lucky as well.. but still even after a weekend of doing that I knew what the game was like hehe..

About the restuarant part I think thats the point the guy was making.. You cant eat an entire meal and expect your money back...(well maybe if you get sick but im sure you would go through courts and stuff about that)

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Originally posted by Caldrin

Aeolron

Yeah I know what your saying, I only manage maybe a few horus a night if im lucky as well.. but still even after a weekend of doing that I knew what the game was like hehe..

About the restuarant part I think thats the point the guy was making.. You cant eat an entire meal and expect your money back...(well maybe if you get sick but im sure you would go through courts and stuff about that)

@Caldin

LOL I hear ya.

Man, wished I lived in the U.S because I had food poisoning afew times damn could have made some decent coin LOL!!

Oh well, here in Canada we have to go through the health and safety so don't get any money but they can shut down a place if need be hehe.

On other news LOL I put some stuff up on the AH myself, cheap really level 60 rare gear with % to gold and magic find per piece like 20 bucks a shot ( Hope thats not to much ) But yeah I put my warmonger up and automaticly blizzard post it at 45 bucks!!!! Damn I lowered the price respectively LOL

• uncleFesteruncleFester Member Posts: 38

It's really cute all the people saying that he got his money's worth for the time he spent playing. How do you guys lnow that he even enjoyed a second of that time he spent playing? He probably spent his entire playtime hoping the game got better, just like I did. It never felt like I was playing a Diablo game, and it took a level 60 monk and a level 40-something wizard to find that out. 

Maybe you guys never played a Diablo game before, but past Diablo games are among the most replayable games in history of PC gaming. You never hit the level cap in the first week, in fact you probably never hit it no matter how long you played. Diablo is NOT farming for gold and then buying everything you need from an auction house.

These 2 things completely destroyed the Diablo experience and just like The Matrix, no one can be told this. They have to take the red pill, or in D3's case...the pill made of sh1t, and see for themselves because if you played D2, you simply can't even imagine that Blizzard could have failed so completely. I still haven't gotten it out of my head, I'm stuck in a sort of limbo, hanging around on Diablo 3 forums in shock that the game I've been looking forward to for so long is a steaming pile of sh!t Blizzard squirted out, with the singular purpose of exploiting the stupidity of their WoW playerbase with the RMAH.

• SilverchildSilverchild Member UncommonPosts: 118
    Originally posted by uncleFester

It's really cute all the people saying that he got his money's worth for the time he spent playing. How do you guys lnow that he even enjoyed a second of that time he spent playing? He probably spent his entire playtime hoping the game got better, just like I did. It never felt like I was playing a Diablo game, and it took a level 60 monk and a level 40-something wizard to find that out. 

Maybe you guys never played a Diablo game before, but past Diablo games are among the most replayable games in history of PC gaming. You never hit the level cap in the first week, in fact you probably never hit it no matter how long you played. Diablo is NOT farming for gold and then buying everything you need from an auction house.

These 2 things completely destroyed the Diablo experience and just like The Matrix, no one can be told this. They have to take the red pill, or in D3's case...the pill made of sh1t, and see for themselves because if you played D2, you simply can't even imagine that Blizzard could have failed so completely. I still haven't gotten it out of my head, I'm stuck in a sort of limbo, hanging around on Diablo 3 forums in shock that the game I've been looking forward to for so long is a steaming pile of sh!t Blizzard squirted out, with the singular purpose of exploiting the stupidity of their WoW playerbase with the RMAH.

Bingo.

I kept playing through the boring story 3 times because I wanted to see if the game got better. It never did. I stated this fact  in my ticket to blizzard.

So yes, I did play until I hit inferno, and got massively disappointed.

Also, keep in mind that a month is NOTHING compared to what the longetivity of the game should have been. It is comparable to eating a BITE of that juicy steak you ordered at that fancy restaurant, and finding that the meat is rotten. Thats how I feel.

• SoandsosoSoandsoso Member Posts: 533

Posts by Silver.

I wish I could send these to blizzard. They would rethink his refund.

=================================================================================================

Before this beta, I was definitely thinking about buying D3.

Now? I'm on the fence. The beta was a big disappointment to me. It felt like I was playing torchlight or something. I spent countless hours playing D2 but I cant imagine D3 being addictive like that. D3 feels very "shallow" to me. Fun, but shallow. Do I need another game that I'll play for a few weeks and then forget about it? Not really.

==================================================================================================

I personally dont like cash shops.

I can understand F2P titles. But the trend nowadays is to add a cash shop ON TOP of a box purchase, it seems.  I think it's just wrong to ask us to pay "again" for a game that we already bought, but maybe thats just me.

About the "money VS time" argument... lol. You dont see people advocating steroids in the olympic games because they dont have time to train 10 hours a day. It amaze me how people can justify themselves by saying "its fine, I dont have time to play much, its fair!". (Oh, and what about someone that do have time AND money? )

Anyway. I really dont like where the trend is going. See D3 RMAH and GW2 cash shop. Next gen of MMO will be even worse than that. Sad.
    ================================================================================================
  • ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

I wish I had bought the digital, nothing like wasting wads of cash.

/sucker

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

Originally posted by Soandsoso

Posts by Silver.

I wish I could send these to blizzard. They would rethink his refund.

=================================================================================================

Before this beta, I was definitely thinking about buying D3.

Now? I'm on the fence. The beta was a big disappointment to me. It felt like I was playing torchlight or something. I spent countless hours playing D2 but I cant imagine D3 being addictive like that. D3 feels very "shallow" to me. Fun, but shallow. Do I need another game that I'll play for a few weeks and then forget about it? Not really.

==================================================================================================

I personally dont like cash shops.

I can understand F2P titles. But the trend nowadays is to add a cash shop ON TOP of a box purchase, it seems.  I think it's just wrong to ask us to pay "again" for a game that we already bought, but maybe thats just me.

About the "money VS time" argument... lol. You dont see people advocating steroids in the olympic games because they dont have time to train 10 hours a day. It amaze me how people can justify themselves by saying "its fine, I dont have time to play much, its fair!". (Oh, and what about someone that do have time AND money? )

Anyway. I really dont like where the trend is going. See D3 RMAH and GW2 cash shop. Next gen of MMO will be even worse than that. Sad.
    ================================================================================================

Thank you for finding those posts. Its exactly as I described in my OP, i had my doubts about the game. But I still decided to give it a try because, like I said, i liked blizzard and I thought they would deliver a quality game.

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

Ok, play it all the way thru then ask for a refund.  Sorry, but that's lame. taking advantage of a business' good will towards its customer with no conscious is one thing, but to advocate others do it is...just lame

The only thing differentiating D3 from any other single player game is that it requires an internet connection. heck, with your logic, you could buy max payne 3 and play it all the way thru, then ask for a refund. heck, why stop there? demand refunds on every game you play.

you're gonna tell me you went into D3 without any idea what the game was about?? BS...what you did was...lame

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Nevermind the fact that players are still losing all their items due to session spoofing hacks which blizzard to this day still refuses to take any responsability for. IMO if its a blizzard server, server security should be their job, with the session spoofing they somehow are able to take over your session when they log out and relog back in without knowing the persons login or password, it also skips needing a authencator. Yet they keep blaming the customers insted of fixing their gaping security hole. Few friends of mine were hacked in this way, thankfully blizzard rolled back their chars so they got their stuff back, but still this should not have happened in the first place. I only put 9 hours into d3 because honestly? the game just was not any fun to me. I then played the torchlight 2 beta, and it was way more fun in the short 30 mins I played it compared to all my time in d3. Plus TL2 is modable, 1/3rd the price, and actually has some lastability, due to the community of modders. D3 however really has nothing going for it.

I am also pretty shocked at how stupid some people are, I mean really your gonna pay all this cash for virtual items in a pve game? Whats the point? Friend of mine has made like 30 bucks just selling junk he found, its pretty silly what morons are paying for items. I am sadded by this as well because I can so see other games pulling this stunt. I mostly was against a ah/rmtah in d3 because I knew blizz would make the drop rates total shit, which I was proven right when they showed the 1.0.3 patch notes and showed the old drop rates to the new ones.

I would get a refund but I need to send it in first and by now it'd prob not get there in time. I just think the game is total shit, if you can't find any fun it in after 9+ hours of gameplay, your probally not going to.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

Originally posted by wrightstuf

Ok, play it all the way thru then ask for a refund.  Sorry, but that's lame. taking advantage of a business' good will towards its customer with no conscious is one thing, but to advocate others do it is...just lame

The only thing differentiating D3 from any other single player game is that it requires an internet connection. heck, with your logic, you could buy max payne 3 and play it all the way thru, then ask for a refund. heck, why stop there? demand refunds on every game you play.

you're gonna tell me you went into D3 without any idea what the game was about?? BS...what you did was...lame

The problem is that D3 is not " a single player game". It was never even advertised like that . D3 was supposed to have amazing replayability / longevity, and I just dont see that here. I find it sad that I could even "play it all the way thru" in one month.

I hope you guys realize that I was waiting for D3 for a long time. I was looking forward to a game that would last me YEARS, like D2. I am not "happy" that I got my refund. Truth be told, I'd prefer if D3 was great...

To those that say that I got my money worth after playing the (small) ammount of time that I did : You guys are the reason that developpers are making shorter, crappiers games every year. They realize that you will buy just about anything without looking back.

So again, if you are disappointed about D3, just speak with your wallet and ask for a refund.

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829

It could not have been so awful if the OP played it for so long. I played since release day up until last week and then I was so bored with the game that I uninstalled it. As disappointed as I am with the game I got my money's worth out of it. It's assinine to expect a refund after you played the heck out of it dor weeks on end.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

As someone else said.  It's like you walked into a cafe, bought a meal, ate it and then refuse to pay.   You played the game.   You decided, after you played if for 150hrs and essential finished it - now you want your money back.    To bad someone doesn't bring this post to Blizzards attention.    Because if I were to work in Blizzards customer service, you'd not be getting a refund.

Blizzard needs to know that there are people like you out there that want to cheat Blizzard out of their money.   You could have just not bought the game, you said you beta'd it and didn't like it all that much.   Then you went ahead and bought it and now you are saying you want your money back.    Forget that.   In my eyes you'd be SOL.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    Originally posted by Siveria

Nevermind the fact that players are still losing all their items due to session spoofing hacks which blizzard to this day still refuses to take any responsability for.

There are no session spoofing hacks. If your account is compromised and your  items are stolen Blizzard will replace them. Twice. What more can they do?

Agreed.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by Silverchild

Hey guys.

Like many, I had been waiting for D3 since it was announced. I was a huge fan of D2 (played it for years) so I was very excited about D3 since day one. I followed every little bit of detail about the developpement of the game. I religiously checked the battle.net websites and fansites for updates, almost every week.

I had my doubts about some stuff, but I was sure that blizzard would still deliver a solid game. I mean, its BLIZZARD, right?

Wrong. After playing the game, I can say that my "doubts" about Jay Wilson being an imcompetent buffoon were confirmed. My doubts about the AH, about inferno, about the stupid stat system... all true.

D3 has been Jay Wilson'ed. And I have no intention of paying for that kind of crap, blizzard or not. So I politely opened a ticked and asked for a refund, explaining a few of my issues. 2 days later I got an answer saying that my money will be refunded to my credit card in a few business day.

So, if you are like me, disappointed about D3. If, after not even one month, you dont even log in anymore. If you think that spending more time on the AH than in-game is stupid. If you think d3 is just a hollow shell of what it could have been... Just ask for a refund. Its easy, and it works. Open a ticket and be polite.

If you do it today I'm pretty sure you can still get it refunded. The policy is 30 days, so tomorow it will probably be too late.

Whose fault is that? I have yet to see anything in the game that forces me to use the AH, I wonder where all you people get these ideas from.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

The sad thing is the OP doesn't even realize how wrong he is for asking for the refund after playing the game for so long. "Playing and hoping it gets better" is not an excuse either. Maybe he's only 12 and doesn't know any better. 

Originally posted by Ryukan It could not have been so awful if the OP played it for so long. I played since release day up until last week and then I was so bored with the game that I uninstalled it. As disappointed as I am with the game I got my money's worth out of it. It's assinine to expect a refund after you played the heck out of it dor weeks on end.  

"For so long" ? As I explained before, I expected a DIABLO game that could be played for years, but I got an empty shell instead. The amount of time I played is MINUSCULE. People like you are the reason why the overall quality of games keep declining. You admit yourself having uninstalled the game already (being "so bored with it), yet you wont ask for your money back. Why is that? Makes you feel better to know that blizzard got your money? You have to admit that D3 is bad. Yet its a huge financial success. Speak with your wallet, do not be afraid to take actions.

Originally posted by Teala As someone else said.  It's like you walked into a cafe, bought a meal, ate it and then refuse to pay.   You played the game.   You decided, after you played if for 150hrs and essential finished it - now you want your money back.    To bad someone doesn't bring this post to Blizzards attention.    Because if I were to work in Blizzards customer service, you'd not be getting a refund. Blizzard needs to know that there are people like you out there that want to cheat Blizzard out of their money.   You could have just not bought the game, you said you beta'd it and didn't like it all that much.   Then you went ahead and bought it and now you are saying you want your money back.    Forget that.   In my eyes you'd be SOL.

Annndd thats why you dont work at blizzard. They are well aware of the time I spent in game (I mean, its displayed right there on each character), and I also explained everything in my ticket.

I think you dont understand the name BETA. A beta is not a demo. You dont judge a game by its beta. That's common sense.

Also, another problem, you say I essentially finished it in a month? Ah. Its diablo FFS. People played (and still play) D2 for years, but my d3 friend list practically emptied itself after 3 weeks.

• itssantositssantos Member UncommonPosts: 84

I was able to get my refund a few weeks ago. It took about five tickets but they will give you the refund.

Originally posted by Psychow

The sad thing is the OP doesn't even realize how wrong he is for asking for the refund after playing the game for so long. "Playing and hoping it gets better" is not an excuse either. Maybe he's only 12 and doesn't know any better. 

Yes, I am 12 and have a better understanding of the value of money than you do.

Go you!

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your purchase. I'm sorry to hear that Diablo 3 did not provide the gameplay experience you were hoping for.

After looking into the possibility of granting your request, I'm afraid that we are no longer able to issue a refund for this game due to the amount of time that has passed since this purchase was made. The availability for a refund is solely dependent on how long the game is in your possession, and under the current circumstances, this purchase does not qualify for a refund. I'm deeply sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and I appreciate your understanding.

If you feel that we may have reached this conclusion in error, please reply to this ticket. If you would rather speak with a representative directly, please contact Account & Technical Services by phone at 1-800-592-5499 during the hours of 7 am to 8 pm Pacific Standard Time. International contact information can be found at http://blizzard.com/support/article/cs.

Regards,

Game Master Flangarinoth
    Customer Services
    Blizzard Entertainment
    www.blizzard.com

This is what I received as a response from yesterday, I purchased the game on 5/15 and requested a refund on 6/14 according to there refund policy on there help site here I have 30 days.  Am I misunderstanding in thinking I still qualify for a refund?  I disputed that and asked what the correct refund policy is if I was in fact in error.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/order-returns-exchanges

So in my experince NO you can't get a refund until I hear otherwise

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

Originally posted by graggok

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your purchase. I'm sorry to hear that Diablo 3 did not provide the gameplay experience you were hoping for.

After looking into the possibility of granting your request, I'm afraid that we are no longer able to issue a refund for this game due to the amount of time that has passed since this purchase was made. The availability for a refund is solely dependent on how long the game is in your possession, and under the current circumstances, this purchase does not qualify for a refund. I'm deeply sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and I appreciate your understanding.

If you feel that we may have reached this conclusion in error, please reply to this ticket. If you would rather speak with a representative directly, please contact Account & Technical Services by phone at 1-800-592-5499 during the hours of 7 am to 8 pm Pacific Standard Time. International contact information can be found at http://blizzard.com/support/article/cs.

Regards,

Game Master Flangarinoth
    Customer Services
    Blizzard Entertainment
    www.blizzard.com

This is what I received as a response from yesterday, I purchased the game on 5/15 and requested a refund on 6/14 according to there refund policy on there help site here I have 30 days.  Am I misunderstanding in thinking I still qualify for a refund?  I disputed that and asked what the correct refund policy is if I was in fact in error.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/order-returns-exchanges

So in my experince NO you can't get a refund until I hear otherwise

I would try calling them instead. I have heard a few people say that they got denied the refund at first and got one after calling the billing department.

I just checked my credit card and the funds have been transfered already. They said it could take up to 2 business weeks but it took barely 2 days! That is great.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by denshing

No need for me to get a refund. I earned all my cash back in the RMTAH the first day it went live.

was that before or after everything went to $1-5 from massive gold farmer sales flooding the RMAH market? Just curious because i read and saw that people were not selling because of this farmer issue.

Originally posted by Silverchild
    Originally posted by uncleFester

Bingo.

I kept playing through the boring story 3 times because I wanted to see if the game got better. It never did. I stated this fact  in my ticket to blizzard.

So yes, I did play until I hit inferno, and got massively disappointed.

Also, keep in mind that a month is NOTHING compared to what the longetivity of the game should have been. It is comparable to eating a BITE of that juicy steak you ordered at that fancy restaurant, and finding that the meat is rotten. Thats how I feel.

thats hogwash. OP should be ashamed of himself

let me get this straight...

if you like a game...play and enjoy

if you dislike a game...play, then ask for a rerund

something is wrong with this picture. ...lets see, buy a porsche, drive it a month ask for a refund, then buy a week long ocean cruise, then at the end tell them you got seasick and ask for a refund. then buy a beachfront condo at malibu, live in it a month, then tell them you dont like the salt air and ask for a refund. buy a 2 thousand a nite escort lady, then tell her she's got bad breath and ask for a refund.

actually, most prob dont have the bucks to do the things in my examples, heh

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Im gonna try and open ticket, ask for refund will let you know how it goes.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by wrightstuf

let me get this straight...if you like a game...play and enjoyif you dislike a game...play, then ask for a rerundsomething is wrong with this picture. ...lets see, buy a porsche, drive it a month ask for a refund, then buy a week long ocean cruise, then at the end tell them you got seasick and ask for a refund. then buy a beachfront condo at malibu, live in it a month, then tell them you dont like the salt air and ask for a refund. buy a 2 thousand a nite escort lady, then tell her she's got bad breath and ask for a refund. actually, most prob dont have the bucks to do the things in my examples, heh

It's hard for you to comprehend that return policies vary from one company to another? Bottom line... if they didn't let people return things, they wouldn't get many future sales. Why should customers be stuck with a product they bought sight-unseen?

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.