Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 screen shot bonanza! (BWE2 Edition)

fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Hey guys. I've uploaded over 600 Guild Wars 2 screenshots, the vast majority of which were taken during BWE2. So, if you like screenshots and can never get enough, these are for you! (Most are 1680x1050, but a portion are super high resolution).

Other screenshot shares are welcome here as well. Even a single screenshot from another person's perspective is of value. Maybe others who have posted collections of shots can share links to those as well!

BWE2 Folder 1 (300 images)

BWE2 Folder 2 (300 Images)

GW2 assorted (76 Images)

A few shots for the thread. (Click to enlarge):

Enjoy and please share your own!

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

Comments

• DookzDookz Member UncommonPosts: 562

Thanks for sharing. I'm looking at them while I download the new patch....downloading it on a mini portable USB. 

Playing now: Cities: Skyline / Ori and the Blind Forest / Banished

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    Originally posted by Dookz

Thanks for sharing. I'm looking at them while I download the new patch....downloading it on a mini portable USB. 

Welcome!

Another for the thread:

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• megera23megera23 Member UncommonPosts: 239

Thanks, fiontar. I have around 200 of my own, but I love going through other people's screenshots as well. :D

Edit: The link to the first folder doesn't work. I get this:

The page you requested does not exist.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

imageimageimageimage

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

Nice photos!  Shows there are so many areas in the game to explore with the graphics making you feel like your there.

After seeing these photos, I can see I have allot of exploring to do!

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347
    Originally posted by Dawnbr3aker

some of these shots are truly amzing. what graphic cards you guys running?

Its not even card optimized yet. 15-20% card draw last event for me.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

In the screenshots in my link, AMD HD6870 with every setting maxed out except shadows one notch lower ("High" instead of "Ultra").

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• NeferaNefera Member Posts: 426

First two pics in BWE #1, third in BWE #2. Graphics card: 2x HD 5770 OC'd (neither OC or crossfire were supported in beta). Screenshots taken in what essentially would be medium settings, so definitely not max quality.

• GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263
    Originally posted by fiontar

Hey guys. I've uploaded over 600 Guild Wars 2 screenshots, the vast amjority of which were taken during BWE2. So, if you like screenshots and can never get enough, these are for you! (Most are 1680x1050, but a portion are super high resolution).

Other screenshot shares are welcome here as well. Even a single screenshot from another person's perspective is of value. Maybe others who have posted collections of shots can share links to those as well!

BWE2 Folder 1 (300 images)

BWE2 Folder 2 (300 Images)

GW2 assorted (76 Images)

A few shots for the thread. (Click to enlarge):

Enjoy and please share your own!

nice mesmer pics :D... in folder 2 lol

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Sooo. . . did anyone play a make character?   I ac tually made my first femaie character ever. . a mesmer. . it seemed to fit the role more but it seemed odd.  I just noticed all the shots were of femaie characters.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• NeferaNefera Member Posts: 426
    Originally posted by Aethaeryn

Sooo. . . did anyone play a make character?   I ac tually made my first femaie character ever. . a mesmer. . it seemed to fit the role more but it seemed odd.  I just noticed all the shots were of femaie characters.

BF played the ugliest norn thief I've ever seen. Or well, let's just say he was very....rough looking. Haven't got any screenshots though. :(

• EpicLootsEpicLoots Member Posts: 12

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202
    Originally posted by EpicLoots

Wrong game?

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

For me, a Galaxy factory over-clocked GTX 570. All settings on highest. Average FPS for the weekend was between 35 and 45 FPS. (There were a couple spots where it would drop way down, like a couple areas in the Charr 15-25 zone, but that was an exception. Gendarran Fields is massive and wide open and no frame rate issues there).

Another shot for the thread. Click for full resolution:

If you look at the character's posture and feet, you can see how the game takes the slope you are standing on into consideration.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by EpicLoots

It's amazing how horribly out of place these things look. What the heck is that on the right... a vampire elf or something? Nice dental floss outfit on the left. image

Oderint, dum metuant.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

For me, a Galaxy factory over-clocked GTX 570. All settings on highest. Average FPS for the weekend was between 35 and 45 FPS. (There were a couple spots where it would drop way down, like a couple areas in the Charr 15-25 zone, but that was an exception. Gendarran Fields is massive and wide open and no frame rate issues there).

Another shot for the thread. Click for full resolution:

If you look at the character's posture and feet, you can see how the game takes the slope you are standing on into consideration.

There was a discussion of Tera and Aion fanbois saying their games had the adjustment but they don't. I made a video of what you were describing just to show them the difference in the mechanics...well atleast on GW2. I did find some Aion and Tera where the footing would hang in space on one leg when on an angle. Video of Terrain Adjustment.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Here is one that shows the size difference between Humans and Norn quite nicely.

Click Image for full resolution:

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Originally posted by Nefera

First two pics in BWE #1, third in BWE #2. Graphics card: 2x HD 5770 OC'd (neither OC or crossfire were supported in beta). Screenshots taken in what essentially would be medium settings, so definitely not max quality.

whats GS is this? ^ its craft and what its call ..some 1 knows??

Originally posted by dadante666

If it's the same one as in the screen below, it was a Personal Story Reward.

Click image for higer resolution:

• friednietzfriednietz Member Posts: 118

The guy in this video has that greatsword.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TSssY4hzaQ

On page two of the comments a user named Chryl wrote "In case anyone is wondering about the weapon: You can find it in the Norn area Snowden Drifts 15 - 25. A bit east of the center on this map is a Renowned Heart NPC called Lionguard Nadel. Once you've helped her out enough you can buy this weapon, the Jotun Greatsword."

:)

Originally posted by friednietz

The guy in this video has that greatsword.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TSssY4hzaQ

On page two of the comments a user named Chryl wrote "In case anyone is wondering about the weapon: You can find it in the Norn area Snowden Drifts 15 - 25. A bit east of the center on this map is a Renowned Heart NPC called Lionguard Nadel. Once you've helped her out enough you can buy this weapon, the Jotun Greatsword."

:)

I'm pretty sure mine was from the Personal Story. It wouldn't surprise me if the same skin isn't available from more than one place.

Someone is on fire!

• BlakkrskyrrBlakkrskyrr Member Posts: 230

what is that info in the chat window about screenshot saves?  what mechanic is that?

Originally posted by Blakkrskyrr

what is that info in the chat window about screenshot saves?  what mechanic is that?

When you take a screen shot, it adds info to the chat window telling you were the shot was saved and what the filename is. In this case, this screen shot captured the info on the previous screen shot. The screenshot folder can hold up to 999 shots, then you need to move those images elsewhere and start the number sequence over again.