Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What we need is a World of Warcraft 2

EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648

MoP? Get real. Give me World of Warcraft 2. Tired of looking forward to all these games and getting dissapointed constantly. How many times do I go back to WoW because other mmos come out and get boring after a week lol. Tell me project Titan is WoW 2 and I will be happy. :P

Comments

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

When you say we you really mean you, correct?

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

Even WoW can't make a WoW clone and hope to succeed.

• cooper85cooper85 Member Posts: 386

We should have got that instead of cata. The train has left the station though... I think?

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433

Sign me up OP.  I agree 100%,.Since WoW, nothing has come close to the enjoyment I got from that game and it doesn't look like anything will for the next x years.  Vanilla WoW is in my top 5 games of all time.  It was far from perfect but it had a mgic to it that hasn't been replicated.

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

I don't think Blizzard could strike gold twice with a WoW2. But they'd certainly get a ton of box sales. Still, the OP might be right. Everyone's trying to copy Blizzard's success, so maybe Blizzard needs to show them how it's done again. If they can. Maybe they can't.

I don't have a lot of faith in Blizzard at the moment, 'cause D3 is kinda disappointing.

Their next MMO in the works, Titan or whatever, might be pretty awesome, though. Who knows.

• hermit000hermit000 Member Posts: 91

What we need is most definatly NOT WOW2. Dear lord OP hasn't Bliz already had their way with the player base enough times. What we do need is for a company and its investors to step up to the plate and create something not based on everything wow was based on,  a new game that is as non-derivative as possible. not just a clone wiht the number 2 at the end for box sales.

• EpicLootsEpicLoots Member Posts: 12

WoW2... hmm, I can see it coming. Its not that hard, Upgrade current graphics, allow character transfer to new WoW2 with a fee, increase levels to 99 or more. I mean everything a expansion will be but just call it Wow2. oh..and more  dragons please.

• SheepduckSheepduck Member Posts: 32
    Blizzard has had a lot of time to watch the competition as they silently develop their next mmo so i believe what ever their next game is will be a serious contender in the market
  • TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498

WHAT WE NEED *SNIFF SNIFF** IS MORE CATNIP **SNIFF SNIFF** or whatever you're calling that white powder on your upper lip.

Sorry, that was a joke. maybe in bad taste?

I hear what you mean OP, you're starving for an MMO home to settle into and by now cannibalism is even an option, It tastes like pork I hear... >.> I stayed with WOW for a few years myself, and I think I would at least pay attention to a WOW2 if it was in the works (I don't mean Titan).

• YaosYaos Member UncommonPosts: 153

I've always wanted a clone of WOW, I'm glad too see we finally have somebody else with the creativity to think of it.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

The only thing that I'll add is that if WoW2 was a sandbox, I'd be all over it.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    Originally posted by Sheepduck
    Blizzard has had a lot of time to watch the competition as they silently develop their next mmo so i believe what ever their next game is will be a serious contender in the market

Yea I'm sure titan will be an amazing game. With a subscription, a cash shop, paid account services, and a real money auction house.

• rdrakkenrdrakken Member Posts: 426

As long as WoW 2 is a AC1 clone instead of a EQ1 clone...I am down with that. Otherwise you can keep your same ol' overdone MMORPG handicapped with a D&D mindset.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

You know what I find funny?  You want a World of Warcraft 2.  Yet you think MoP isnt worthy. 

Let me enlighten you.  The same minds, and people who are making MoP would be the ones making your coveted WoW 2 .  Think about that for a minute.  You want them to make a whole new game?  Really? 

Because of MoP isnt good enough for you, what in the world would make you think WoW 2 would be?  You are essentially asking the designers of something you dont like, or something not good enough for you, to make a game for you. 

Boy yea.  Thats gonna work out really swell. 

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433

I think he thinks MoP isn't worthy because it is an expansion to a game that is nearing a decade old.... the dumbing down also stinks but many of the devs who were hugely involved in making vanilla WoW have had little involvement and have been working on Titan for about 4 years now, I read somewhere they've had little involvement in WoW since TBC was released.

To be honest though, I don't think anyone should have much faith in Blizzard right now.

• cagarcagar Member Posts: 98
    Tired of fantasy mmo's. I want either a wild west type mmo or a mobster mmo( please don't mention apb) with a little steam punk tossed in for variety. You know like the movies wild west or oblivion. 33% crafting, 33% exploring, 33% combat.

70 monk eq1
    80 bruiser eq2
    43 druid wow
    Currently playing : rift

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

What we need, is a world of guildcraft 7.0, set in modern day liberia....wait..what did I just say?

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by Alders

Even WoW can't make a WoW clone and hope to succeed.

This statement...full of win...

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657

All I need is GW2

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

What exactly do you *want* from a sequel that couldn't be provided by evolving the existing game?

• Poison_AdelePoison_Adele Member CommonPosts: 287

No thanks OP.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035
    Originally posted by maplestone

What exactly do you *want* from a sequel that couldn't be provided by evolving the existing game?

Or by the plethora of other games out there mimicking it?

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Originally posted by Jimmydean
    Originally posted by Sheepduck

Yea I'm sure titan will be an amazing game. With a subscription, a cash shop, paid account services, and a real money auction house.

This, And the fanboys will scream "Blizz needs to make money too you know...."

Ah the wonderful days of just paying one small monty fee for EVERYTHING.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Just turn WoW into a Sandbox and let players create content for themselves, and put full support into their new MMO.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Might as well, everything else fails miserably.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/