Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let's play together!

Comments

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371
    Originally posted by Draron
    Originally posted by Leucent
    Originally posted by Draron

FFXIV would be the best grouping game of the list, though it doens't have PVP. My votes for it, I've been looking to have a nice group to play with fresh. 

If not XIV, then EQ2. Haven't played in years.

Problem with XIV is it s changing in 2.0 . No one knows what it will truly be like, and in all honesty, although I can see it getting better it s still, an average game atm. I beleive 2.0 will be awesome, but it s the unknow.

I would call XIV anything but average. It's like XI, different from any other MMO out there.

2.0 is keeping the same base systems (controls, feeling of movement sans jump, combat but just more actions, etc). Most people are expecting more than 2.0 will deliver (which is basically a redone world, storyline, chocobo breeding, and more familiar MMO elements like the UI overhaul, housing and PVP).

Opinions on if a game is good or not is why we have a tally for votes on games, with XIV in the lead now.

Well, not starting an arguement here, but I find XIV very avaerage atm. It might offer a different MMO experience, but it doesn t do it quite well enough yet. I think it will get there, but IMO<---------- it s not yet.

• raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237

Keep the votes coming! 

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

• Warlord33Warlord33 Member Posts: 79

I vote EQ2 :)

If not EQ2 then maybe Vanguard or RIFT.

• KanylKanyl Member UncommonPosts: 252

Vanguard! Because I am playing it right now and still I am looking for a guild like this!

• doyomasterdoyomaster Member Posts: 25

Vanguard definitely has quite the lead... Anyone know the ETA for the F2P conversion? Just curious. I am always willing to pay for a good game, F2P or not.

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

Sadly, all they've said so far is "summer" or "late summer". Most people seem to be thinking August or September.

Here's a breakdown on my thoughts of each game.. as described in an xfire conversation with my friend Aly. 

1) EQ2.. love the housing, love the crafting, love the fluff and content.. never have been crazy about the graphics, especially the character models, not a big fan of how "zoned" it is and don't like how they made the guild houses where you can access everything without leaving home.

2) VG, .. its too big to be that empty... I don't like the character models here either.. I like diplomacy and the crafting, but there's not near as much fluff. Not sure how F2P will wind up being or if I want to wait til the end of summer to play an MMO.

3.) Rift.. what I remember of it.. was ok.. I kept feeling like I'd been here before. I thought the rifts and invasions happened a little too often, and am not big on the "theme" of the game as much as I am others.. I like old fashioned swords and sorcery.

4) FFXIV keeps calling me because of my love for SE and FFXI.. I understand they are totally different games, and I agree that it feels a bit dead due to the population. I also don't really know what there is to do outside of leves.. not much fluff yet.

5) GW2.. I just keep hearing so much hype about it, and not wanting to be the guy who follows the crowd.. I'm destined to not like it. But I could be wrong.. I stil however don't feel like its going to be the immersive in depth experience we are wanting, I think its going to be more quick wow like fun with a different mechanic.

Currently playing:

• Josh007CLJosh007CL Member CommonPosts: 38
    Originally posted by raystantz

Here's a breakdown on my thoughts of each game.. as described in an xfire conversation with my friend Aly. 

1) EQ2.. love the housing, love the crafting, love the fluff and content.. never have been crazy about the graphics, especially the character models, not a big fan of how "zoned" it is and don't like how they made the guild houses where you can access everything without leaving home.

2) VG, .. its too big to be that empty... I don't like the character models here either.. I like diplomacy and the crafting, but there's not near as much fluff. Not sure how F2P will wind up being or if I want to wait til the end of summer to play an MMO.

3.) Rift.. what I remember of it.. was ok.. I kept feeling like I'd been here before. I thought the rifts and invasions happened a little too often, and am not big on the "theme" of the game as much as I am others.. I like old fashioned swords and sorcery.

4) FFXIV keeps calling me because of my love for SE and FFXI.. I understand they are totally different games, and I agree that it feels a bit dead due to the population. I also don't really know what there is to do outside of leves.. not much fluff yet.

5) GW2.. I just keep hearing so much hype about it, and not wanting to be the guy who follows the crowd.. I'm destined to not like it. But I could be wrong.. I stil however don't feel like its going to be the immersive in depth experience we are wanting, I think its going to be more quick wow like fun with a different mechanic.

These are some pretty good descriptions. My top picks were VG and EQ2, but like you said its full of fluff and thats what I don't want haha. If I wanted that I would play any other MMO out there. VG is one of the rare left that isn't fluff and actually takes work, so who knows what will happen when it goes F2P.

Ah hell , lets just do XI again, and limit it to so many people. I would play that the old fashioned way in a heartbeat. After that EQ2 is the way to go, IMO, right now. If you want to wait and see what Vanguard has to offer in F2P, and when, I could be persuaded as well.

Originally posted by Leucent

Ah hell , lets just do XI again, and limit it to so many people. I would play that the old fashioned way in a heartbeat. After that EQ2 is the way to go, IMO, right now. If you want to wait and see what Vanguard has to offer in F2P, and when, I could be persuaded as well.

Leucent, If I could I'd add FFXI to the poll. I've read a few threads about FFXI being on its last legs.. but I seriously doubt that. I dunno what it is about it that I love so much. Easily the best MMO I've personally ever played. There hasn't been anything quite like it since.

Currently playing:

• doyomasterdoyomaster Member Posts: 25

Pretty much agree with all of this, except I never tried FFXIV.

My opinion on it would be VG if enough people are interested in doing this group. Otherwise EQ2 would probably be the way to go.

• AgentAnarkiiAgentAnarkii Member UncommonPosts: 173

I'll vote, FFXIV, and VG. Also, why not throw EVE in the mix? it's great for grouping, and corps can be large or small, doesnt matter. i for one think EVE would be great fun playing with alike minds. 

• Josh007CLJosh007CL Member CommonPosts: 38

How long do you plan to keep the poll open. Seeing as we pretty much have a tie, should we start with EQ2 (seeing as it is mostly F2P anyways) and we can decide if we want to go VG later if a date comes up?

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613
    Originally posted by Josh007CL

How long do you plan to keep the poll open. Seeing as we pretty much have a tie, should we start with EQ2 (seeing as it is mostly F2P anyways) and we can decide if we want to go VG later if a date comes up?

That sounds like a good idea.  I'll probably be playing EQ2 on and off until the SOEmote stuff gets released anyway.

If you all start playing EQ2, let everyone know which server to join.  All of my characters are on Crushbone, but I'm willing to roll a new server.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739

I'd vote EQ2 or Vanguard when it goes f2p...The reason why is not everyone wants to pay a sub fee which most of these other games have....At least these 2 have a free option, even if they arent ideal.

There is the problem. If some already have chars on existing servers, in EQ2, which my wife and I have, we don t really want to transfer to another server. We did this already in FFXI with the original guild for the OP. Not his fault at all, we decided to transfer, because we loved the idea of his LS. That said it fell apart, and we had left some friends behind on our old server. If anyone wants to do this in EQ2 and you want to on Buthcherblock, we ll be in for sure. Otherwise I know we don t want to transfer again. To much invested in our chars there :)

• coldandnumbcoldandnumb Member CommonPosts: 90

I have to agree with the last poster. I have a guild on oasis that just contains all  my characters for eq2 and over the years I have put in so much time with them that I would be loathe to start completely from scratch. Even though I have not played eq2 in close to 2 years now I always longed for the grouping aspect of the game which I never seemed to be able to get in on so my characters are all a bit of a mess with low AA's and not that great of gear but I do really like the op's idea. I will watch this thread and see which game you guys actually go with I may be interested in tagging along with you if you think me worthy.

• Davorj15Davorj15 Member Posts: 20

I think you should check out Pirates of the burning sea perfect game for grouping!

Steam:Davorj13(DaVorrrr)

Games Playing
    Pirates Of The Burning Sea
    Fallen Earth
    Realm of the mad god

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Hope to see this thread come up again when VG goes F2P- totally willing to roll up new toons. I could never get used to EQ2s graphics and aesthetics despite returning to the game multiple times, it just felt like I was logging into a claymation film.

Good luck in EQ2!

• joojoo1975joojoo1975 Member UncommonPosts: 275

i voted for EQ2  but depending on times and what not I'm avail for just about anything.  the prob with me is time.  i'm CST(Chicago time) but i work 2nd shift.  so most games i am solo as much of the guild is off line as i play.

have you talked about times og gaming yet?  if ya have, i'll look over it again as i missed it.

To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless

• Model192Model192 Member UncommonPosts: 62

I'm in on this group, just add me on AIM @ Model192 or something! I have a teamspeak3 server we can use, too.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

voted for FFXIV due to the fact that they are releasing the 2.0 at the end of this year, which might be a good time to start a LS from now

i would have loved to vote Vanguard as it is also one of my favorite MMO of all time, but for the long term, i dont think VG would be good as the population are pretty deserted even with a bunch of group that is formed by us, i think it wont be long

so my vote goes to FFXIV as i believe 2.0 will bring massive change and bring back the old FFXI feel

So What Now?

• pl3dgepl3dge Member UncommonPosts: 183

Voted for Vanguard, such a great game but it's fairly dead.. If we ended up getting alot of people on it would be great to finally experience the content.

However, I also think Rift would be good as it's possible to play on US servers on EU client as I imagine most people here are US.

Would be up for any though tbh aslong as EU can play with US easily.

I'm gonna let it run til the end of this week. Obviously with VG we will have to wait, because most of the people voting for it are voting mostly based on the fact that it is going FTP sometime in the near future. Problem is, noone really knows when for sure.  EQ2 is also getting alot of votes, but again we have the issue of everybody being on different servers and not wanting to move (understandable) and we could all go to <insertplayers> server, but then you'd have someone else with the same issues.

Currently playing:

• CaptainSoapCaptainSoap Member UncommonPosts: 142

If you guys do FFXIV should hop on Excalibur. I'll join y'all. I imagine post 2.0 the price on the pc game will go up so right now might not be a bad idea to start. Plus you can make sure you get that amazing goobbue mount haha