Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Turbine capitulates: instances are now included + extra tp

Comments

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Thats good news.

Edit: I wonder though. If they had to use such a cheap tactic to squeeze out more money from their players maybe Lotro isnt doing as good as you guys think it is? 

Seems desperate by Turbine. Lets hope the game doesnt get closed down.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• korat102korat102 Member Posts: 313

Was it the complaining or did they just not sell as many as they hoped? Changing the contents of the package may well have been their fallback plan if they failed to reach a certain target for sales. Who knows...

• leojreimrocleojreimroc Member UncommonPosts: 371
    Originally posted by korat102

Was it the complaining or did they just not sell as many as they hoped? Changing the contents of the package may well have been their fallback plan if they failed to reach a certain target for sales. Who knows...

Maybe

• TypososTyposos Member UncommonPosts: 39

they said that the sales from the pre orders are positive!

They just make this ex pack better!

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

I wonder how much content they give in this expansion? I saw the 70 dollar version listed, and it appeared to have some nice bonuses.

That said, 70 bucks is a lot of money for an expansion. I guess it is one of the evils of F2P....they need to make money as a business.

I bought LoTRO at launch, and despite carrying my sub a yr, I never made it past lvl 5. I always meant to go back, and at least get some playtime in, yet it never happened.

LoTRO used to be a sweet looking game, but alas it launched when I was aleady burnt out on MMOs. From the responses over the yrs, I would think I missed out on a good game. I hope those playing enjoy the new content :)

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• DestaiDestai Member Posts: 574
    Originally posted by Moaky07

I wonder how much content they give in this expansion? I saw the 70 dollar version listed, and it appeared to have some nice bonuses.

That said, 70 bucks is a lot of money for an expansion. I guess it is one of the evils of F2P....they need to make money as a business.

I bought LoTRO at launch, and despite carrying my sub a yr, I never made it past lvl 5. I always meant to go back, and at least get some playtime in, yet it never happened.

LoTRO used to be a sweet looking game, but alas it launched when I was aleady burnt out on MMOs. From the responses over the yrs, I would think I missed out on a good game. I hope those playing enjoy the new content :)

Wait...$70 for an expansion? Man, am I glad I quit this game. I would love to have stuck with it but their business practices are less than desirable. I agree with you though, it used to be a sweet game. Moria started to sour it for me and then the f2p was where I stopped. 

• TypososTyposos Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Originally posted by Destai

Wait...$70 for an expansion? Man, am I glad I quit this game. I would love to have stuck with it but their business practices are less than desirable. I agree with you though, it used to be a sweet game. Moria started to sour it for me and then the f2p was where I stopped. 

its 35 euro for this expack , but if YOU WANT you take the special edition

• kikinchazkikinchaz Member UncommonPosts: 562

Or maybe they just made a poor decision, listened to community feedback and acted upon it? Not everything has to be some massive conspiracy theory!

It's good that a company is actually listening to their community and acting on it - that's something which is pretty rare sadly.

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329
    Originally posted by kikinchaz

Or maybe they just made a poor decision, listened to community feedback and acted upon it? Not everything has to be some massive conspiracy theory!

It's good that a company is actually listening to their community and acting on it - that's something which is pretty rare sadly.

Naive much?

business 101 = 

High price product ---> people buy ----> complaints its too high ----> money hungry company does not get anymore profit from product -----> more customer complaints and still not buying it -----> Company has no choice but to lowers the price to get more sales 

Not sure if you are a paid spokesman for turbine but from what i saw its a typical fail business, its not about the customers its about the $$, dont fall into a trap thinking they listened to the community because if they did they wouldve changed it after a day of tons of complains/thread not weeks.

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    Originally posted by xalvi

Naive much?

business 101 = 

High price product ---> people buy ----> complaints its too high ----> money hungry company does not get anymore profit from product -----> more customer complaints and still not buying it -----> Company has no choice but to lowers the price to get more sales 

Not sure if you are a paid spokesman for turbine but from what i saw its a typical fail business, its not about the customers its about the $$, dont fall into a trap thinking they listened to the community because if they did they wouldve changed it after a day of tons of complains/thread not weeks.

you just wrote that they listened to their community because the community was not buying the game so they changed the contents to get sales.  Not listening would be not changing the product.  Companies by nature are money hungry.  That is their job.  Busniess 101 get the most at the least cost...are you naive much?

• MortaMorta Member UncommonPosts: 8

Be glad you left... WB took it over and decided to squeeze the cash cow as much as they could. I was VIP and bought every expansion only to find out when I decided to just coast on free to play that all the expansions didn't really include very much content and I was locked out of everything as soon as VIP ended. Yay.. fail

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329
    Originally posted by Ausare
    Originally posted by xalvi

Naive much?

business 101 = 

you just wrote that they listened to their community because the community was not buying the game so they changed the contents to get sales.  Not listening would be not changing the product.  Companies by nature are money hungry.  That is their job.  Busniess 101 get the most at the least cost...are you naive much?

WHAT THE????

Nowhere in your post was there any sense of logic...you dont even deserve a reply ill let my answer refer you to this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

and may god bless your soul

• AmegashieAmegashie Member UncommonPosts: 289

If you don't buy the most expensive version ( 70 bucks for an expansion, WTF ?!! ), those extra tp will be gone for the badly needed 6th inventory bag instantly of course.

• bugse82bugse82 Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Originally posted by Amegashie

If you don't buy the most expensive version ( 70 bucks for an expansion, WTF ?!! ), those extra tp will be gone for the badly needed 6th inventory bag instantly of course.

no, no, no! it's 70 bucks for legendary edition expansion, you murlock!

SLAP!