Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patcher fatal error - just me?

I suppose since my pc went to sleep during the 12gb download I will have to delete it all and start over.  Tried the repair broken data thing.  Did not work.  Seems like it would be cheaper to fix the patcher than to pay for the extra bandwith.

Comments

• RightlovRightlov Member Posts: 72
    Originally posted by 271828

I suppose since my pc went to sleep during the 12gb download I will have to delete it all and start over.  Tried the repair broken data thing.  Did not work.  Seems like it would be cheaper to fix the patcher than to pay for the extra bandwith.

You shouldn't have to - the patcher should continue from where it stopped. Also the 'Repair Broken Data'-tool is working, but not very userfriendly. It might look like it isn't doing anything, but it is working, don't worry - give it 10mins and you'll see a progressbar filling up.

They're still tweaking it, so it's more obvious what's going on - but it does work.

• 271828271828 Member Posts: 5

Still get same Fatal Error after a fresh download.  If their engineers can't implement a patcher correctly  they surely won't be able to create a smooth engine.  

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by 271828

Still get same Fatal Error after a fresh download.  If their engineers can't implement a patcher correctly  they surely won't be able to create a smooth engine.  

edit- update drivers.

hit repair and wait for ten minutes or so and see what happens then.

run patcher as administrator.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I followed them but still get the same Fatal Error: not all resources were downloaded correctly.  I found an error log it generates.  Theres about a 1000 lines like this: 

[2012-06-15 18:22:35] ERROR: HTTPManager - Giving up: ControlHttpPatchAddr.secretworld.com/tswupm/rdb/res/ad/7/cb5e3a3a6fce12214588c1d06d18d (1020002:4492757), flags: 1073742458, size: 43, response: 200, curlcode: 0, retries: 21

Looks like the patch server is just overloaded but I did try this on Wednesday with the same results.

Actually Kaspersky thinks the patch server is serving banners.

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811

Sounds like your antivirus is blocking TSW from downloading the game. ;)

You can either try to stop your antivirus temporarily to verify that, or you can just contact Funcom customer support, doesn't look like there are too many problems, so you will probably get a reply stat.

Customer support http://www.darkdemonscrygaia.com/showthread.php?t=32762

Official forum http://www.darkdemonscrygaia.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23

Kaspersky put the patch servers on a block list, probably because the urls have a long sequence of random looking characters.  Look under anti-banner if you have this problem.  I like the game so far.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

Not your fault the entire game is a fatal error .....this game would have been weak sause in 2004 ....in 2012 it's down right insulting to have a game like this charge a sub fee and run a cash shop