Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honestly I like the game ;)

Hi all,  I just wanted to throw this out there since I recently started playing the game.  I always been a fan of comics/marvel growing up and even with the cartoony based graphics I said what the heck lets try it.  After a few missions and a few card games I was sold.  Ya its not the most in depth mmo but its great to just hop in do a few missions or games and hop off.  I also like it since its very casual.  I came from Star Wars (ya I know) and after the continous grinding I told myself I need something more relaxed and less stressful.  If you don't know much about the game its pretty simple.  You jump in and start with 4 different characters.  They do have an ingame store that you can buy additional characters/quests/cards etc.  The nice thing is you dont really have to pay anything if you dont want too.  You can either earn silver(Free to Play currency) by doing missions, achievements, using tickets to spin the wheel, etc. or buy/earn gold(P2P currency) to purchase new content.  Most players I see in game are free 2 play players and they are having a blast. 

I think the game really shines with the card game.  I am a Magic the Gathering nut and to be honest, I really do like the concept of this card game.  At first, it was a bit strange to understand but after awhile I kept coming back for more.  The character animations are great(when will magic do this!!!!) and the deck building strategies are pretty in depth.

The missions are kinda a hack and slash concept.  You can solo the missions or go in with a group of friends or pugs.  They consist of 3 total stages and the last one being a boss fight.  For someone that is over 30 years old, I still felt the boss fights are challenging. Its rare to be in a group that goes through the whole mission without someone dying.

Nice thing about both the card games and missions is at the end you earn tickets(to spin a giant wheel for more gold/silver) extra silver, and exp.  Your characters level up with the exp and new skills and emotes are unlocked.

Only negative that I had about this game is the name selection.  You will see what I mean.  You dont have a choice to imput your name.  You have to manually hit a button with pre populated names till you find one you like.  To give you an idea it took me about 2 days to find a name I was "Ok" with.  Some names are pretty cool and funny its just a matter of being lucky and getting them.

Lastly, it seems that they update the game monthly, which is pretty rad.  From first starting to now I have seen 2 new missions, 2 new characters and a few new cards and that has been in only a few weeks time.

Overall I think this game is a fun, casual time waster.  Ya its not something I will be playing prob 6 months down the road, but it does help waiting for GW 2.  All I say is give it a try and see what you think.  I played a ton of F2P games and this game has a great concept for free players.  You have access to both missions and card games while still being able to earn more characters and cards. 

If you like comics and TCG's I would give the game a try and see what you think.  If you have any questions you can find me ingame named The Dark Cyclone.(  Ya this is the best I could find :/ :/)

CPU-HP Omen 17.3" Laptop  i7  12 GB AMD Radeon RX580 1 TB Hard Drive

Comments

• InHidingInHiding Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by jugularvein

Hi all,  I just wanted to throw this out there since I recently started playing the game.  I always been a fan of comics/marvel growing up and even with the cartoony based graphics I said what the heck lets try it.  After a few missions and a few card games I was sold.  Ya its not the most in depth mmo but its great to just hop in do a few missions or games and hop off.  I also like it since its very casual.  I came from Star Wars (ya I know) and after the continous grinding I told myself I need something more relaxed and less stressful.  If you don't know much about the game its pretty simple.  You jump in and start with 4 different characters.  They do have an ingame store that you can buy additional characters/quests/cards etc.  The nice thing is you dont really have to pay anything if you dont want too.  You can either earn silver(Free to Play currency) by doing missions, achievements, using tickets to spin the wheel, etc. or buy/earn gold(P2P currency) to purchase new content.  Most players I see in game are free 2 play players and they are having a blast. 

I think the game really shines with the card game.  I am a Magic the Gathering nut and to be honest, I really do like the concept of this card game.  At first, it was a bit strange to understand but after awhile I kept coming back for more.  The character animations are great(when will magic do this!!!!) and the deck building strategies are pretty in depth.

The missions are kinda a hack and slash concept.  You can solo the missions or go in with a group of friends or pugs.  They consist of 3 total stages and the last one being a boss fight.  For someone that is over 30 years old, I still felt the boss fights are challenging. Its rare to be in a group that goes through the whole mission without someone dying.

Nice thing about both the card games and missions is at the end you earn tickets(to spin a giant wheel for more gold/silver) extra silver, and exp.  Your characters level up with the exp and new skills and emotes are unlocked.

Only negative that I had about this game is the name selection.  You will see what I mean.  You dont have a choice to imput your name.  You have to manually hit a button with pre populated names till you find one you like.  To give you an idea it took me about 2 days to find a name I was "Ok" with.  Some names are pretty cool and funny its just a matter of being lucky and getting them.

Lastly, it seems that they update the game monthly, which is pretty rad.  From first starting to now I have seen 2 new missions, 2 new characters and a few new cards and that has been in only a few weeks time.

Overall I think this game is a fun, casual time waster.  Ya its not something I will be playing prob 6 months down the road, but it does help waiting for GW 2.  All I say is give it a try and see what you think.  I played a ton of F2P games and this game has a great concept for free players.  You have access to both missions and card games while still being able to earn more characters and cards. 

If you like comics and TCG's I would give the game a try and see what you think.  If you have any questions you can find me ingame named The Dark Cyclone.(  Ya this is the best I could find :/ :/)

Great! Glad you are enjoying it! The monthly release thing is a real perk, isn't it? :D

Can't wait for next month, chances are there will be a new Spiderman based off the new movie! :D

-- InHiding.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Yea, I let the kid do the collecting for tickets and she can spend (some) of the gold, but I get to play the card game.  That for me is all aces.