Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is it with these leveling speed complaints on the official forums?

Comments

• illeriller Member UncommonPosts: 516

I posted on their Official Forums in their Impromptu poll:

"#1:  MMORPG.com forums have a real Poll function built in, why don't YOU Anet??

#2: I think we actually level TOO FAST."

And I mean it... we're currently at the same leveling pace of  1-10 Factions, followed by 10-20 in Eye of the North.  ...while that might be fun on your 4th or 5th Alt.... it's way too fast for our first characters that we're just trying to explore everything on b/c we totally outlevel everything 2x over just by trying to fully explore everything in 2 Racial zones while Crafting.   ...Most people don't even seem to understand that a single crafting disciplines gives you 10 extra levels...

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by Thorbrand

Let's see in BWE 1 I leveled to 21 in BWE 2 I am still lvl 21...

I wonder why.  One of my guildmates started a new Engineer charcter in BWE2 and got him to level 27...   And it's not like Engineers are the most solo-friendly, power-leveling class.

Originally posted by dlld

You shouldn't be forced to hop to another races area (or grind) that's just bad design. I did all hearts all story quests found all waypoints and areas of interest in my lvl range in the human starting area (aswell as quite a few in the city) while completing every DE i came across yet when i was about to go through the garrison you defend in the tutorial I found myself 2! levels lower (4) then i should be (6). Something is wrong with the xp gain. (played human slum background)

Sorry mate, it was you.   I know you don't want to to hear it, but it is.   You simply moved too fast and missed too many DEs, missed too much exploration, too many unique monster kills and obviously didn't avail yourself to crafting.

I did that with my first character in BWE1.   Now I've run up five more and I can see how and why it happens.  I also see that there is more than enough XP in every area if you don't rush through it.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,771
    Originally posted by Creslin321

So I was checking out the official forums, and it seems like the complaint du jour is:  

"I completed my starting zone but I'm not high enough level to go to the next zone."

Here are two threads that talk about this:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/GW2-feels-too-much-like-a-chore/page/1

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Clarification-on-most-leveling-complaints/page/1#post219865

Now...I just don't get these complaints.  If anyone has played the BWE, they should know that there is PLENTY of content to level you up on hearts alone if you want.  You just need to go to the other races' starting areas.  And that is as easy as taking a portal from your main city.

It seems like these posters basically just want to be completely led by the nose through their zone and their zone alone, and are not willing to even try to go anywhere else.  Instead they would rather complain that there isn't enough stuff to do on the boards.

If you can't tell, this annoys me because I don't want ANET to react to their feedback and increase the leveling speed so that they can go right from Queensdale to Kessex Hills.  What do you all think of this?

This was fun to do. Especially going out and grabbing All the Skill Challenges, only 3 I couldn't get due to them being bugged.

Though, I think the cost to teleport should be lowered, it gets really expensive teleporting to and out of +15 lvl zones.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • SythionSythion Member Posts: 422

Now...I just don't get these complaints.  If anyone has played the BWE, they should know that there is PLENTY of content to level you up on hearts alone if you want.  You just need to go to the other races' starting areas.  And that is as easy as taking a portal from your main city.

Yup. That's what I want to do. After I get tired of saving my race from extinction by horses, I will head over the Ascalon and help lions rape the memory of my anscestors.

Sorry, but GW2's design is supposed to increase my sense of immersion, not kick it in the nuts and laugh at it.

It seems like these posters basically just want to be completely led by the nose through their zone and their zone alone, and are not willing to even try to go anywhere else.  Instead they would rather complain that there isn't enough stuff to do on the boards.

The issue is not that we are not lead by our noses. The issue is that we have no in character reason to go anywhere but the next zone. Nor is there any reason to think that taking a random portal tucked away somewhere in your city is the only way to advance without grinding content.

If you can't tell, this annoys me because I don't want ANET to react to their feedback and increase the leveling speed so that they can go right from Queensdale to Kessex Hills.  What do you all think of this?

I'm absolutely fine with the currently leveling speed. I'm also fine with giving choices about where to adventure (which GW2 hasn't done for me, yet).

I'm NOT fine with the disparity between level progression and zone progression, and none of you should be either. This does not have to be solved with increased leveling speed, it could also be increased with more content in any form, or through some story crumbs giving you a reason to think going somewhere else might benefit the world.

Age of Conan had this issue too, and the same solution (just go to someone else's zone, then you'll be fine!) It was the one single reason that I stopped playing the game (I refuse to grind).

GW2 is a great game, and I've been a huge fan boy of it for a long time. However, when I take my fanboy glasses off and look at this, I see a very real, very serious situation that ArenaNet should not ignore.

Originally posted by Banquetto

You just need to go to the other races' starting areas.  And that is as easy as taking a portal from your main city.

A lot of people would prefer not to feel forced to visit another starting area to level up enough to handle the area following their own starting area. They would prefer to hit that race's area fresh with an alt.

Also, I suspect a lot of people are accustomed to devs putting their best foot forward with starting zones, and they think "if there's not enough content in the first zone to progress past it without repeating events, how little content will there be later on??"

You're not forced.   You can, if you slow down and learn to play the game, be over-leveled for every area without repeating material.   I was certainly able to do that in the Norn area.   I was able to do that (twice) in the Charr area.  I was able to do that (twice) in the human area.   And the only time I was underleveled was with my first character because I got in such a rush I skipped half the stuff that was going on in the starter area and got a bit behind.

It really is a playstyle issue.  

So, yes, if you're going to RUSH, then you're going to have to rush other racial areas.   But if you're just going to play the game to the fullest extent possible, then you're going to be fine.

• raistlinmraistlinm Member Posts: 673
    Originally posted by Arataki

At the moment, GW2 does not do a very good job of explaining itself. Hearts are not the end all, be all of an area. They are simply intended to lure you to a spot and from there, your interactions with the NPCs were supposed to kick off small missions which snowballed into DEs. However, there is absolutely nothing in the game that even hints to this.

Second, yes, if you are underleveled, you will have a bit of an issue exploring as mobs will kick your ass. And there is a very large flaw in "zomg, just go to another races starting area for exp." It's called replayability. Visiting other races starting area for exp, means that playing any of those starting races is going to be an exercise in repetition. There is an equally large flaw in assuming that everyone should be happy with a large amount of their necessary exp coming from crafting.

Third, simply telling people that "leveling is not the point" is neatly counteracted by the personal story have very clear level requirements. You are only level 14 and have finished Queensdale? You probably wouldn't really give it a second thought, if there wasn't that big red (16) next your personal story based in the next zone where everything is slapping you around.

Fourth, repetition is repetition. Do you know what the term is for a game design that encourages doing the same thing over and over? A grind. No one explores to see the same thing. 2 or 3 times, ok, maybe. However, if people are getting bored of an event the fifth time around, it is doing no one any favours to claim that they were "just in the wrong mindset."

I didn't get very far in but needed to applaud this poster for not thinking like the rest of the sheep that visit mmorpg who swear that GW2 can do no wrong and if something is wrong it's the players fault and not the game or devs.  I've seen many people explain that you can level up by simply taking part in every single type of content in the game, forget that some people don't want to craft or explore or that some may not find the systems used by ANET to be to their liking.

I'm not saying that Anet needs to change the level curve or not but we certainly shouldn't assume that kf a part of the population has a problem that our playstyles can simply fix it for them.

Originally posted by MosesZD

You're not forced.   You can, if you slow down and learn to play the game, be over-leveled for every area without repeating material.   I was certainly able to do that in the Norn area.   I was able to do that (twice) in the Charr area.  I was able to do that (twice) in the human area.   And the only time I was underleveled was with my first character because I got in such a rush I skipped half the stuff that was going on in the starter area and got a bit behind.

[mod edit]

I'm a completionist in terms of heart quests, exploration and DEs, and I often retried events several times before I succeeded.

am now level 20 in level 25 content as a human and level 16 in level 19 content as a Charr.

The only way to be of equal level is to go to another area that you have no in character reason to go to, or to grind DEs.

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620

we already lvl to fast and peopel want more speed on lvl??? loool.

you will have 5 start zones, anyone complain about cant reach lvl 15 to go zones 15-25 is because never leave the zone they start. 

start zones is like any other zones, exist to be explored....

Originally posted by Chrome1980
    Originally posted by Meowhead
    Originally posted by Chrome1980

Yes it is a game for explorers and right now in starting areas especially at low levels the way things work one has to squeeze out every possible content avilable. XP certainly need some tweaking but then that will make XP boosters in cash shop redundant. To keep the replayability factor fresh  and rolling alts less boring players shouldn't have to do each and every heart quest, explore every corner and do every dynamic event in order to progress on every alt they roll out. First time it is interesting but not on second or third alt.

Well, two things about that.

You dont' have to do it ALL, you just have to do more than the bare minimum.

Two, there's =5= starting zones.  5.  That's 5 alts worth of separate material if you squeeze the worth out of a zone, not even taking into account that sometimes different things DO happen.

By the time you're on character 6, maybe a person should consider WvW.

... and they're supposed to have a live content team patching in new events, so that should cut down on the feeling of redundancy as well, especially if you go through 5 characters worth before rolling around a second time.

Or they could just tweak XP and increase frequency of DE's and add more heart events. On my third alt i was really stating to feel the repetition. That is the easiest fix they can do atleast for release so that i can skip what i want and still level comfortably.

You've gotten two to cap?   Oh, no, of  course not...   How silly...     Yeah, if you do the same area(s) three times in six days...   You're gonna get repetition...

BWE2 -- One Norn, Two Charr...   Some human (from BWE1) in a new area.    An amazing lack of repetition.   Even within the Charr.   There were a few things I doubled-down on.  Mostly the heart quests.   But not the DEs.  I did not repeat a single DE in the Charr zone despite playing two Charr from 1-to-8.

And I really hope to God they don't capitulate to you and others like you.   Every time a developer caves to the 'make it easy for me' crowd, the game gets churned and dumped in months.   SWTOR being the perfect example.   Multiple end-game characters in the month I played because they gave TOO MUCH XP at the request of the MAKE IT EASY crowd.   Now the game is consolidating over 200+ servers into somewhere around 20-to-30 for various reasons, including the fact people have consumed 80% of the PvE content in two play-throughs (1 imperial, 1 republic).

Originally posted by Sythion

This is a flat out lie.

I'm a completionist in terms of heart quests, exploration and DEs, and I often retried events several times before I succeeded.

am now level 20 in level 25 content as a human and level 16 in level 19 content as a Charr.

The only way to be of equal level is to go to another area that you have no in character reason to go to, or to grind DEs.

Put on proof.   I, along with mutiple others, have done just that and not had any issue.   My guild master.   People on this board.   People on other boards. 

Yet you're calling me a liar.  

Characters advance throughout the game by gaining experience until they reach the maximum level cap of 80. Experience is gained by:

After the first few levels, the time or effort required to attain a new level remains constant.

Seems you missed a lot of the game when I read your description of what you did.   Whereas I didn't. 
  • impiroimpiro Member Posts: 204

Yup. That's what I want to do. After I get tired of saving my race from extinction by horses, I will head over the Ascalon and help lions rape the memory of my anscestors.

Sorry, but GW2's design is supposed to increase my sense of immersion, not kick it in the nuts and laugh at it.

The issue is not that we are not lead by our noses. The issue is that we have no in character reason to go anywhere but the next zone. Nor is there any reason to think that taking a random portal tucked away somewhere in your city is the only way to advance without grinding content.

I'm glad to see someone caring for immersion. I had exactly the same problem with the "go to other areas" argument. How is my char suposed to know this? Why would my character go there?

It seems that people prefer to play GW2 just for fun content and don't care about coherence or consistancy. People really went full tunnel vision when it comes to the ideas behind GW2's design. I already made a thread about certain aspects in GW2 that are immersion breaking, but most people did not really seem to care for the things I listed. This was one of them.

• BetakodoBetakodo Member UncommonPosts: 333

This is a flat out lie.

Put on proof.   I, along with mutiple others, have done just that and not had any issue.   My guild master.   People on this board.   People on other boards. 

Characters advance throughout the game by gaining experience until they reach the maximum level cap of 80. Experience is gained by:

After the first few levels, the time or effort required to attain a new level remains constant.

Seems you missed a lot of the game when I read your description of what you did.   Whereas I didn't. 

You are forced. When the personal story recommended level jumps, then yes you are forced to do hearts or grind in other ways.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by Betakodo

You are forced. When the personal story recommended level jumps, then yes you are forced to do hearts or grind in other ways.

Seriously?  This is the argument you're sticking to.  Because the Personal Story level jumps, you wanna just be able to run through it.

Go play a single player game.  Go play Oblivion where the creatures level with you.

Obviously, this game is not for you.  Do us a favor and move on.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,771
    Originally posted by Betakodo

This is a flat out lie.

And again he listed other ways of leveling.

I personaly went from starting area to starting area, seeking out Hearts, Skill Challenges, Exploring, Crafting, and then Storyline when I was at the right level for it. I repeated all that the whole weekend.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

I wonder how many of these complainers never stopped to revive people, or gather some ore, or just explore a little more.  The exp is there, you just have to break yourself out of the tunnel vision "must get to next zone as fast as possible" nonsense.

I almost wish Anet kept the heart quests out of the game just to hear the "i don't know what to do or where to go" cries.  Oh wait, even with them we have to hear that.  What is wrong with people?

• DeldorDeldor Member UncommonPosts: 51

I can see that it's a problem, if average gamer joe, who does all the hearts, some events and his personal story, outlevels the content. Maybe the story should send a player to a different starting zone at about level 10.

Could be done really quick, like the first quest on your story, where you just have to complete a heart.

Hey,

our friends at $RANDOM_STARTER_ZONE have some problems, please go there and help them.

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620
    Originally posted by Alders

I wonder how many of these complainers never stopped to revive people, or gather some ore, or just explore a little more.  The exp is there, you just have to break yourself out of the tunnel vision "must get to next zone as fast as possible" nonsense.

I almost wish Anet kept the heart quests out of the game just to hear the "i don't know what to do or where to go" cries.  Oh wait, even with them we have to hear that.  What is wrong with people?

and if you craft you will win good EXP.

people dont even need to try other start zones (but i dont see any reason to not try them...) to reach lvl15, if they do DE's (dont need grind), ress, gathering resources, craft, kill some random mobs, do hearts and explore 100% a zone they will reach lvl15 no doubt.

• Trol1Trol1 Member Posts: 175

So I was checking out the official forums, and it seems like the complaint du jour is:  

"I completed my starting zone but I'm not high enough level to go to the next zone."

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/GW2-feels-too-much-like-a-chore/page/1

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Clarification-on-most-leveling-complaints/page/1#post219865

People finding something to complain about with GW2? Nooooooooooooooo! *snicker*

Okay, in all fairness - and I only read Creslin's post, not the treads he is referring to, this is a bit of an issue.

See, I played in the BWE1 and I think I did rather fine on the first day getting me into the lvl11 range and around quite a bit of the Norn starting zone. (and yes, some PvP/EB)

Next day I set out with a different mindset: considering that i had picked quite a few "bad" (IMO) skills - due to GW2's shabby ingame documentation for skills I wanted to stack up on skill points as much as possible.

So I set off into the Char and Human starting zones and beyond where skill pickings was easy.

Now, I'm not sure if I had stayed in the Norn area how much fun I would have had leveling my toon up to lvl16+ for a jump into the next zone.

Especially as I felt rather bored by the personal story quest.

So, part of me can therefore well understand that people want to be able to progress forward staying in their zone and failing due to, well, lack of content.

Part of me also understands Creslin's easy fix solution of "go to the other starting zones".

But I think what this points at is a much deeper problem: despite ANet flodding the starter zones with quests and events, it's not enough to keep people entertained/motivated for replays.

Of course you can do the "save the fields" gig over and over ad nauseam and wil get your XP for doing it, in the end t's just that: you are doing the same thing over and over again.

Which I also said in regards to downscaling: who the fuck as a level 20, 30, 50, 80 adventurer wants to - downscaled - do another round of kill the spiders in the orchard and collect them apples?

So, what is my take on increasing the levelling speed: honestly, I don't give a fuck!

GW2 is a game for casual gamers. On the PvP side it requires very little investment to be well able to be in the fight.

On the PvE side, it's made as brainless, sorry, convinient as possible for the player without actually having to talk to quest givers or even find a group.

If GW2 gamers feel that is should still be easier, ha, well, excuse me for tossing a hearty laugh your way: you folks let the "easy gaming jeannie" out of the bottle, and now it is blowing up in your face... LOL

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    Originally posted by Trol1

People finding something to complain about with GW2? Nooooooooooooooo! *snicker*

Okay, in all fairness - and I only read Creslin's post, not the treads he is referring to, this is a bit of an issue.

See, I played in the BWE1 and I think I did rather fine on the first day getting me into the lvl11 range and around quite a bit of the Norn starting zone. (and yes, some PvP/EB)

Next day I set out with a different mindset: considering that i had picked quite a few "bad" (IMO) skills - due to GW2's shabby ingame documentation for skills I wanted to stack up on skill points as much as possible.

So I set off into the Char and Human starting zones and beyond where skill pickings was easy.

Now, I'm not sure if I had stayed in the Norn area how much fun I would have had leveling my toon up to lvl16+ for a jump into the next zone.

Especially as I felt rather bored by the personal story quest.

So, part of me can therefore well understand that people want to be able to progress forward staying in their zone and failing due to, well, lack of content.

Part of me also understands Creslin's easy fix solution of "go to the other starting zones".

But I think what this points at is a much deeper problem: despite ANet flodding the starter zones with quests and events, it's not enough to keep people entertained/motivated for replays.

Of course you can do the "save the fields" gig over and over ad nauseam and wil get your XP for doing it, in the end t's just that: you are doing the same thing over and over again.

Which I also said in regards to downscaling: who the fuck as a level 20, 30, 50, 80 adventurer wants to - downscaled - do another round of kill the spiders in the orchard and collect them apples?

So, what is my take on increasing the levelling speed: honestly, I don't give a fuck!

GW2 is a game for casual gamers. On the PvP side it requires very little investment to be well able to be in the fight.

On the PvE side, it's made as brainless, sorry, convinient as possible for the player without actually having to talk to quest givers or even find a group.

If GW2 gamers feel that is should still be easier, ha, well, excuse me for tossing a hearty laugh your way: you folks let the "easy gaming jeannie" out of the bottle, and now it is blowing up in your face... LOL

This "problem" only exists between levels 2-6. If you skip the Personal Story, do almost nothing but heart tasks and take no time to gather, craft or explore your city or other areas of the game, you can feel gated by your level in the 2-6 range. It's only an illusion of being gated, because as other have pointed out, there are numerous ways to get levels with out grinding anything.

I typically do what I can in my races zone, then go hit the level 2-6 content in one other zone. That will actually put you ahead of the content outside the level 2-6 "pocket zones" located with in each larger level 2-15 zone. (I understand why those sub-zones exist, it makes it harder for people to stumble into content way over their heads early on).

There is no danger of replayability suffering. There are ways to supplement the level 2-6 stretch with activities other than heading to another zone. Just exploring your racial city fully can get you a couple levels. Crafting is now very efficient at providing XP. Grabbing gathering tools early and gathering all nodes you find provides a solid amount of XP. Reviving players provides very good XP. Doing Personal Story offers good XP.  Doing Skill Point Challanges awards XP. There are even daily achievments for things like gathering, kill variety, etc... that give nice XP and cash rewards.

Even if you skill al that and only do world content, no story, no gathering, no focus on exploring, you are probably going to hit level 9 or 10 doing all the hearts and a few DEs in two racial starting zones. That leaves three racial starting zones you don't have to visit.

Once you reach level 7 or 8, the world really starts to open up and there are no longer any issues. There is way more content in the world than you need to level and level scaling keeps it all available to you as a viable source of XP, loot and enjoyment for many, many levels after you have passed those levels by.

I've so far leveled up seven character to at least level 10, most of them Human and there is no content fatigue. Even if I were to get a little bored with the Human 2-6 area at some point, I have so many other ways to level up that even as a confirmed alt-a-holic I have zero fears of content burn out due to repetition.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

Originally posted by Alders

Cut the snark. This has nothing to do with time of content, so maybe you should turn your head and get out of your tunnel vision.   

The problem is this. If you do not:

• Go to another zone
    • Craft (maybe, if it gives insane xp. I don't craft because it makes me feel more like a shop keeper than a hero)
    • Grind DE's
    you will NOT be high enough level for the content of the second zone.

The time it takes to level up in a game has jack to do with how easy or difficult it is.

Once you reach level 7 or 8, the world really starts to open up and there are no longer any issues. There is way more content in the world than you need to level and level scaling keeps it all available to you as a viable source of XP, loot and enjoyment for many, many levels after you have passed those levels by.

I've so far leveled up seven character to at least level 10, most of them Human and there is no content fatigue. Even if I were to get a little bored with the Human 2-6 area at some point, I have so many other ways to level up that even as a confirmed alt-a-holic I have zero fears of content burn out due to repetition.

Give me a reason to go there first, other than "'CUZ ITS GOOD XP DUURRRR"

• Trol1Trol1 Member Posts: 175
    Originally posted by fiontar
    This "problem" only exists between levels 2-6. If you skip the Personal Story, do almost nothing but heart tasks and take no time to gather, craft or explore your city or other areas of the game, you can feel gated by your level in the 2-6 range. It's only an illusion of being gated, because as other have pointed out, there are numerous ways to get levels with out grinding anything.

I typically do what I can in my races zone, then go hit the level 2-6 content in one other zone. That will actually put you ahead of the content outside the level 2-6 "pocket zones" located with in each larger level 2-15 zone. (I understand why those sub-zones exist, it makes it harder for people to stumble into content way over their heads early on).

There is no danger of replayability suffering. There are ways to supplement the level 2-6 stretch with activities other than heading to another zone. Just exploring your racial city fully can get you a couple levels. Crafting is now very efficient at providing XP. Grabbing gathering tools early and gathering all nodes you find provides a solid amount of XP. Reviving players provides very good XP. Doing Personal Story offers good XP.  Doing Skill Point Challanges awards XP. There are even daily achievments for things like gathering, kill variety, etc... that give nice XP and cash rewards.

Even if you skill al that and only do world content, no story, no gathering, no focus on exploring, you are probably going to hit level 9 or 10 doing all the hearts and a few DEs in two racial starting zones. That leaves three racial starting zones you don't have to visit.

Fiontar, a few words:

a) the way your painting it a player would have to visit another racial zone.

Now, as such I have no problem with that. 

I could well see a newly set out solo adventurer or a group of adventurers starting of in a central city - maybe not Lion's Arch, too clean for that, rather a huge market city where everybody comes thru and everything can be found and bought, and when I say everything i mean everything and a few thousand things on top of that - and they can choose to go and visit each character's homestead for a bit of adventuring.

The thing is in GW2, with its personal quest keeping you in place, it feel like, well, you should stay in place i.e. in your homezone.

GW2 does rather not promote a "hey, let's check out the other areas" attitude. 

Second, you said you leveled 7 characters up to lvl10. You know that they next level bracket is 16-25? So maybe, before claiming there is no problem you should actually get into the right "zone"?

And yes, there are dozens of ways how to make XP. 

Now, there are just 2 questions: a) how well are they promoted? and b) how well do they overall cover/exceed the required XP for an area?

See, before doing BWE1 I hadn't bothered reading much about GW2, really just a quick look at classes and races.

So, character created, logged in and off I was... and I quickly noticed that I'm getting XP for discovering new lands, cool, like SWTOR.

Later something else happened: I tend to be somebody who likes to help people, without expecting a reward, so when I saw indicators of fallen ppl on my mini map, I went there to revive them. And noticed that I got XP out of that! After that I actually thru the "I'll help" thought overboard and instead just looked for "corpses" to make XP.

And yes, I'm not proud of it and I fully blame GW2 for it :-P

The thing is if the gamer doesn't know what XP generates, he is likely to lose out by not doing these things... 

As for b) if doing all of the possible activities in a zone generates about 110% of the required XP for reaching the next bracket zone, well, you may have a problem: what if I don't want to revive fallen co-players? Or go colect ore? Or go crafting? Or do the personal storyline?

The latter is actually a very valid point: despite the minor variation you can build into it during character creation,  the GW2 race stories offer a worse replay value than the class stories in SWTOR.

Meaning second, third time around on the same race you may skip the personal story completely... and if personal story and say crafting were to cutyour XP gain down from 110% to 90%, well, things may get tight getting correctly levelled to the next zone...

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

The problem is this. If you do not:

• Go to another zone
    • Craft (maybe, if it gives insane xp. I don't craft because it makes me feel more like a shop keeper than a hero)
    • Grind DE's
    you will NOT be high enough level for the content of the second zone.

That not true at all. You can be high enough for the next zone without doing those. When you exit the 1-15 you will most certainly be 15 level, maybe 14, and be able to go to the next zone without any kind of grinding, pvp, crafting or going to another starting zone. If a lot of others did it, then you can do it too. Maybe you did something wrong.

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

GW2 does rather not promote a "hey, let's check out the other areas" attitude. 

Have you seen how the skill system work?

Second, you said you leveled 7 characters up to lvl10. You know that they next level bracket is 16-25? So maybe, before claiming there is no problem you should actually get into the right "zone"?

I leveled one to level 33 and one to level 15, no problems going to the next zone.

The latter is actually a very valid point: despite the minor variation you can build into it during character creation,  the GW2 race stories offer a worse replay value than the class stories in SWTOR.

Worse replay value than SWTOR? Seriously? In SWTOR you have 4 class stories split into 2 planets. In Guild Wars 2 you have 15 backgrounds (5 races * 3 backgrounds each) with completely different storylines, in 5 different zones. How does GW2 has less variation and worse replay value than SWTOR is beyond me. Even if you've played a "Noble" and play a "Noble" again you get to make choices that actually lead to different quests, you don't just see different dialogue.

Meaning second, third time around on the same race you may skip the personal story completely... and if personal story and say crafting were to cutyour XP gain down from 110% to 90%, well, things may get tight getting correctly levelled to the next zone...

Why are you going to skip the personal story? You make different choices at character creation, you get completely different story unline SWTOR which has 4 stories....

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

So I was checking out the official forums, and

and you decided not to ask the people at the source of your question, and instead come to a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT forum to ask us what they think?

Just ask them, they know what's with it.  If we wanted to find out what they were saying, guess where we'd go?  To the place your question originated from in the first place.