Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What will I do after two months?

Comments

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832
    Op , 2 months after you will be playing new content they release. Hidden content which they said they will not reveal during a patch and ones listed in the patch notes. You will be playing fresh content introduced by A net. You act like they will not release content a month after release for some odd reason. I have more faith in A net releasing new content on a regular basis, unlike bioware or funcom.

BOOYAKA!

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Here's what you're going to do after two months--same thing you're doing now because chances are you're not going to buy GW2 anyway since there is absolutely nothing here that will interest you. So why bother?

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Originally posted by wasim470

TBH with you i think all this post you made is pointless, if you don't like the game why bother ???

i don't understand why ppl have this need to create such posts saying how bad the game is and how they think it will fail, ok thanks for sharing but what's the point ????

I don't know.  Its an MMO gaming forum?  Where people discuss MMOs?  Maybe?  Possibly?

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    Originally posted by Distopia

They're still making the same mistake as the rest if they think content is what drives an MMO experience. While it's true if we get sick of it ,we can just walk away, the problem is when too many do that, the game suffers.

Whether the OP has an agenda or not, it doesn't change that the question of "how long is this game designed to hold people for?" Hasn't really been answered. At least by A-net. WHat are the player driven aspects on the PVE side? Are there any?

their purpose is clear they are looking into for casual player who are and the player base of the world ...

hardcores go play TERA, ArcheAge, etc

if they add something for hardcores, everyone will start whining and ragequit ...

i have seen that in Lineage ][

• Sameer1979Sameer1979 Member Posts: 362
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    I just wish he would tell us why TSW would hold him for more than 2 months image There must be something he knows that I don't know cause I just don't see it.....

Don't worry NDA is dropping today and you can get all the reason why TSW can hold you for atleast 6 months. 

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156
    Originally posted by Sameer1979
    I just wish he would tell us why TSW would hold him for more than 2 months image There must be something he knows that I don't know cause I just don't see it.....

Don't worry NDA is dropping today and you can get all the reason why TSW can hold you for atleast 6 months. 

NDA officially drops today?

• cutthecrapcutthecrap Member Posts: 600
    Originally posted by seridan
    Originally posted by Jetrpg
    Originally posted by cutthecrap

If you hate leveling, shouldn't be that much of a problem in GW2, you can reach level cap in 70-90 hrs if you want.

After that, well, let's be honest here, all MMO's have the same problem after the first 200+ hours with dev provided content, namely that there's an end to it after which repetition becomes more and more dominant in whatever you do. If after 200-300 hours played you still like doing dungeons, DE's, minigames, exploring where you haven't gone before, and the PvP, keep doing it, if you don't anymore, switch to another MMO or interest and check back from time to time if you feel like it.

I do not see this occuring at all.

Levels are not free in GW2 they do not take forever but its not like you hit lvl 20 real quick. Sure if you tried real real hard you could hit this (ran some of the dynamic events that reset often over and over.).

I will not play GW2 PVE to level "fast". I will make characters for PVP and WvWvW but my main PVE character won't level up "fast". I will try and find every single Dynamic Event, explore every bit of the map, solve all jumping puzzles and try to finish most storylines, try most backgrounds etc. Deleveling will be my best friend, I can go back to earlier zones and experience content without making it trivial.

If you needed 30 hours to get to 30 in the BWE with ONE background and ONE character you will probably need a lot more than 70 hours for level 80, keep in mind that experience required to level becomes flat after 30, so 1-30 is the EASY part.

Since they said you will join one faction and stay with it. you will probably have to make 3 characters to get all the "trophies". Besides, the three factions offer a very different view to the Dragon threat so it looks like it will be well worth the extra characters.

Can't recall exactly where, but devs stated that after level 30 it'd take about 1.5 hour per level on average. 50 times 1.5hr = 75 hr on average. (some) people managed to level to 30 in 15-20 hrs, so that's where my 80-90 hrs came from.

Some activities deliver more xp than others, and 1 playstyle can gain levels faster than another of course. If 80-90 hrs is the average, then you'll have a number of people that can do faster, but also of course those that take longer.

Usually when I read about the number of played hours on average till level cap before a game's launched, I usually subtract like 10-25% of that number, because experience learns that when the game launches, there'll be whole hordes of people who prove to make faster times than that projected average.

• Sameer1979Sameer1979 Member Posts: 362
    Originally posted by FredomSekerZ

Yes after todays beta starts NDA is going to be dropped.

I think he meant for the next BWE content stuff, which contains more things like the Savage Coast, the other factions and added dungeons, but certainly not everything that's in CB.

For the BWE, not for the CB.

• FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156

I think he meant for the next BWE content stuff, which contains more things like the Savage Coast, the other factions and added dungeons, but certainly not everything that's in CB.

Don't you guys get info directly from Funcom telling you the NDA is down, if it actually goes down?

Don't you guys get info directly from Funcom telling you the NDA is down, if it actually goes down?

I didn't see anything in the mail, so I'm going what the TSW guys posted on the official forums, namely that it's only down for the BWE, not for the CB.

• FindarielFindariel Member UncommonPosts: 222

After that, well, let's be honest here, all MMO's have the same problem after the first 200+ hours with dev provided content, namely that there's an end to it after which repetition becomes more and more dominant in whatever you do. If after 200-300 hours played you still like doing dungeons, DE's, minigames, exploring where you haven't gone before, and the PvP, keep doing it, if you don't anymore, switch to another MMO or interest and check back from time to time if you feel like it.

Yes I think it's true, in the end all mmorpgs end up with repeating content. It's why PvP can be so much fun, it's different every time. Dungeons where you have to learn the "trick", e.g. trial and error before you know what to do - or reading wiki's about the best tactics and group composition, get stale at a certain moment. Look at GW1, during the years it all ended up as grinding standings and accomplishments in EoTN. Nothing new, nothing revolutionary.

I hope GW2 will have some nice surprises and regular updates but honestly I don't have a lot of expectations. I always hope for dynamic, unpredictable PvE content or a chain of dungens that become harder and harder (but not for gear grind, purely teamwork determining the outcome) but that seems to be very hard to do.

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    Originally posted by Findariel

Yes I think it's true, in the end all mmorpgs end up with repeating content. It's why PvP can be so much fun, it's different every time. Dungeons where you have to learn the "trick", e.g. trial and error before you know what to do - or reading wiki's about the best tactics and group composition, get stale at a certain moment. Look at GW1, during the years it all ended up as grinding standings and accomplishments in EoTN. Nothing new, nothing revolutionary.

I hope GW2 will have some nice surprises and regular updates but honestly I don't have a lot of expectations. I always hope for dynamic, unpredictable PvE content or a chain of dungens that become harder and harder (but not for gear grind, purely teamwork determining the outcome) but that seems to be very hard to do.

well PvE in modern mmoRPGs is like a single RPG just with double lifetime, the other option is eternal grind quests (like Aion, etc) or sandbox where the PvE is "constructed" by players and, it is grind yes but, through this you see progression through the world (look EVE)

i am great fan of GW2 but i believe its PvE part it will be like the majority of other mmoRPGs, a huge themepark which for sure after one week or 6 months it will end-die but after that you have WvWvW and sPvP which will hold me like now holds me the World of Tanks ..! 

and the sad is all this living world with dynamic events, fits such great with a sandbox game ...

about GW1 your statement is false cause after EoTN they stopped adding innovations (but didnt stopped adding content) just cause they started the GW2 ..!  

• HellSingsHellSings Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by cooper85

Here's my thing. I see a lot of swtor in this game. My skeptcism stems from playing the competition.  I just don't know if the high fantasy setting could draw me. It may even be a turn off. It's been beat to death.  

Let's say I make it past the high fantasy setting, because it's done so well, so now I'm leveling. There I run into another turn off.  Going from 1-80 just seems pointless. I hate leveling. Eight toons in WoW (high fantasy) Three toons in RIFT (high fantasy), one toon in swtor.  I'm sick of it.

Let's say I make it past the setting and the standard leveling, again because setting is  done so well plus I can level while pvping. 2 Weeks later I'm at cap. I continue to run battle grounds and WvWvW, much like I have been for the past two weeks. I'm having a good time.

One month rolls by since I've been at cap. Wtf am I supposed to do now. I've ran a couple hundred battle groumds, and spent 40 hours in WvWvW. i'm now asking myself "Are you getting bored."" As soon as that happens it's all down hill from there. 

I'm not the type to be filling hearts and chasing DEs. I'm not really the questing type, plus I wouldn't be rewarded with anything meaningful for rerunning DEs. No gear, no AA, just pets and cosmetic gear. 

I just don't see how this game could be fun (that's what it's about, not progression) for longer than two months tops. 

Quit when you get bored? You have a problem with pretty much everything, and the problem lies with you not the game.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

wait what?! CB NDA is dropping?

EDIT: saw its not for CB......

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

Here's my thing. I see a lot of swtor in this game. My skeptcism stems from playing the competition.  I just don't know if the high fantasy setting could draw me. It may even be a turn off. It's been beat to death.  

Let's say I make it past the high fantasy setting, because it's done so well, so now I'm leveling. There I run into another turn off.  Going from 1-80 just seems pointless. I hate leveling. Eight toons in WoW (high fantasy) Three toons in RIFT (high fantasy), one toon in swtor.  I'm sick of it.

Let's say I make it past the setting and the standard leveling, again because setting is  done so well plus I can level while pvping. 2 Weeks later I'm at cap. I continue to run battle grounds and WvWvW, much like I have been for the past two weeks. I'm having a good time.

One month rolls by since I've been at cap. Wtf am I supposed to do now. I've ran a couple hundred battle groumds, and spent 40 hours in WvWvW. i'm now asking myself "Are you getting bored."" As soon as that happens it's all down hill from there. 

I'm not the type to be filling hearts and chasing DEs. I'm not really the questing type, plus I wouldn't be rewarded with anything meaningful for rerunning DEs. No gear, no AA, just pets and cosmetic gear. 

I just don't see how this game could be fun (that's what it's about, not progression) for longer than two months tops. 

Thats because your burned out, its not the game, its you.

• Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Quit MMO's, GW2 has more to offer then any other MMO, if thats not enough for you to not get bored, you really should try some other games or even try real life.

Or just enjoy the 2 months and move on, with the knowledge that whenever you want you can return to GW2 because there is no sub.

I couldn't have said it better...

• cooper85cooper85 Member Posts: 386
    Originally posted by Adalwulff

I'm not burned out. I love mmorpgs. I am burnt out of the same old same, or the norm. The things I listed are more or less the norm.  

• silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526

I'm not burned out. I love mmorpgs. I am burnt out of the same old same, or the norm. The things I listed are more or less the norm.  

You are either in denial or are just trolling, I am gonna assume both in this case.  If you were not in denial, why would you need to make an thread about 2 months after release. The reason I am asking that is, generally speaking the norm states that in 2 month you will be doing endgame stuff usually raiding and blah blah blah. Guild wars 2 given you a choice, if you like what you doing at level one there is no reason to stop liking it at level 80. Should you get bored since there is no sub fee, you can quit the game while more content is added and return afterwards. The game accepts that you will get bored and doesn't force you to do something you don't enjoy, that is already far from the norm. If you still do no like that, then you shouldn't have bought the game in the first place because it wasn't designed for you in mind. 

Just remember just because it says, MMORPG doesn't mean it will appeal to every type of MMORPG player out there, just like the current MMORPG don't appeal to someone like me.

ADDED: IF none of those things appeal to you then don't worry about guild wars 2, go play secret world and leave the people that enjoy the mentality behind guild wars 2. MMORPG is the only genre where stupid topic like these exist, because certainly youd wouldn't ask that for a console game these types of question either. In this case it is relevant because console games don't charge you a monthly fee just like guild wars 2.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by silvermember

You are either in denial or are just trolling, I am gonna assume both in this case.  If you were not in denial, why would you need to make an thread about 2 months after release. The reason I am asking that is, generally speaking the norm states that in 2 month you will be doing endgame stuff usually raiding and blah blah blah. Guild wars 2 given you a choice, if you like what you doing at level one there is no reason to stop liking it at level 80. Should you get bored since there is no sub fee, you can quit the game while more content is added and return afterwards. The game accepts that you will get bored and doesn't force you to do something you don't enjoy, that is already far from the norm. If you still do no like that, then you shouldn't have bought the game in the first place because it wasn't designed for you in mind. 

Just remember just because it says, MMORPG doesn't mean it will appeal to every type of MMORPG player out there, just like the current MMORPG don't appeal to someone like me.

He's a TSW fan, what I don't understand still is what is he planning on doing after two months in TSW......

• silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526
    Originally posted by silvermember

He's a TSW fan, what I don't understand still is what is he planning on doing after two months in TSW......

I know he is a TSW fan.  I just wanted to humor him.  He reminds me of the those types of people who are the first to curse and burn down the game the moment it slightly disappoint them. Making millions of threads on how the game should be fix while completing ignoring the fact that he has no real design experience and his suggestions probably will only make the game better for him and his 5 ingame friends.

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

With respect, I have to agree a little with Adalwulff. Fantasy is pretty much a staple of RPGs. I won't call this game high fantasy, because it doesn't quite make the definition. Steampunk/fantasy is the closest it gets. Anyway, being tired of fantasy immediately eliminates about 80% of MMOs or more right off the bat.

Assuming you get past that...levelling? Character progression is pretty much THE staple of an RPG. Rather than say you don't want that, I'm curious to see what alternative you want.

As to the "what happens at 2 months" bit...well I won't lie and say that concern hasn't crossed my mind as well. If collecting cosmetic items, exploring areas you haven't been to yet, and wvw doesn't keep your interest, all you can hope for is that Anet will continue to add new content. The good news is that ALL content is meaningful for a level 80, thanks to scaling. But then, you don't like questing, ANOTHER RPG/MMO staple. So...wondering what you DO want from a game? And please, don't just say "something different". I get that. But I honestly would like to know, just because I'm always interested in hearing new ideas, what you are looking for in an MMO that you aren't finding here or elsewhere. 

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Originally posted by Naqaj
    Originally posted by seridan

Quit RPGs, single player or Multiplayer, they are not meant for you. A good RPG is about the leveling not the raiding after max level

I disagree. It's about neither of those. If you play an RPG, MMO or otherwise, for the single purpose of leveling, you're wasting your time.

Leveling is a mechanic that just happens while you play. It is not what you play the game for, and it's sad that so many people seem to think that's what the games are about. You play what the game offers you as gameplay, as story, as competition or cooperation, and either you enjoy it and have fun, or you don't and pick up another game.

Cant say that for everyone.  I definitely play RPGs for the leveling.  But I dont power level.  To me its about how my character grows and changes as I continue my journey.  The mechanic is important to some because it designates progress and in some instances choice.

I agree a merging of the leveling, story, and gameplay mechanics together is what makes a quality RPG.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Originally posted by thekid1

I actually have the same question..

But I don't plan to do pvp but purely pve.

I read over and over this game is about exploring but after a few months wouldn't I have explored all there is to explore?

How would you know you explored everything?  The only that should keep you playing is pure interest and/or fun.  Your not paying to play it and if you get two months out of it you have already squeezed out more value than a AAA console single-player title.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

All there is to do in GW2 is PvP which is fine if you are making upgraded GW1 but I see it now even all their talk of making GW2 a MMO it isn't not it is just a PvP game. A great PvP game but a shell of a MMO. It just saddens me that none of these developers are no longer making MMOs and us gamers sit back and just take it. I don't care if they make the games but if it isn't a MMO don't call it a MMO.