Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift becoming EQII squared.

mastersomratmastersomrat Member UncommonPosts: 373

When I first played Rift (at launch) I thought it was a lot of fun; however, I got bored quickly because their just was anything to do (other than fight).  My recent return has showm me that Troin has been busy.  With things like Fishing / Cooking added like older RPGs have and now the upcoming Mentor / Housing.  I feel that Rift is becoming EQII (which I really like) but with the added fun of Rifts.  Now if Trion would add five more crafting profesions, that would rock.

Comments

• TheutusTheutus Member UncommonPosts: 636

I like steak.

• ayramkk09ayramkk09 Member CommonPosts: 1

rift is good game

• zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

Unless it becomes a F2P that charges you for everything from classes, to races, to backpack slots, to equipping items, to entering areas, to ......ugh, I could go on forever...

I wouldn't make this kind of comparison for other reasons, heh..

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

I agree. I've always enjoyed the hell out of EQ2 and I'm so happy to see them go in that direction as far as content is concerned. I can't wait to see all the things they've got planned for the future!

• Sameer1979Sameer1979 Member Posts: 362
    Originally posted by zellmer

Unless it becomes a F2P that charges you for everything from classes, to races, to backpack slots, to equipping items, to entering areas, to ......ugh, I could go on forever...

I love Rift but the recent changes remind me of EQ2 a lot. And probably i am not the only one who thinks like that. EQ2 is my all time favorite MMO and it makes me happy that Rift is becoming feature rich like EQ2.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by zellmer

They charge you $15/month to do those things in Rift.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

EQ2 is still a sub game for players doing endgame content

I havent seen what RIFT is doing for barber options yet

in EQ2, you can completely change your looks  (face / skintone / hair etc) without spending any cash

in WOW, you have to pay real cash to change your face or skin tone  (only hairstyles and color of hair otherwise)

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

The ex wife was hard core addicted to EQ2.

For 5 yrs if she wasnt asleep, or at work, it was a pretty even money bet she would be playing that game. I consider myself a heavy gamer, but compared to that I am part time.

Hartsman did a great job with adding things to EQ2. I envy the rate folks in Rift are getting things produced. If I was a company, I would kidnap Scott, and handcuff him next to a PC. Let him know the only way he is getting free is to keep kicking stuff out until a game has 20M subs.......at 40 bucks a month per sub no less.

I bet ya that game would have more to do than every PC game put together for the last 15 yrs. IMO he is top shelf when it comes t devs these days.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.