Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not too late to get D3 refunded.

SilverchildSilverchild Member UncommonPosts: 118

Hey guys.

Like many, I had been waiting for D3 since it was announced. I was a huge fan of D2 (played it for years) so I was very excited about D3 since day one. I followed every little bit of detail about the developpement of the game. I religiously checked the battle.net websites and fansites for updates, almost every week.

I had my doubts about some stuff, but I was sure that blizzard would still deliver a solid game. I mean, its BLIZZARD, right?

Wrong. After playing the game, I can say that my "doubts" about Jay Wilson being an imcompetent buffoon were confirmed. My doubts about the AH, about inferno, about the stupid stat system... all true.

D3 has been Jay Wilson'ed. And I have no intention of paying for that kind of crap, blizzard or not. So I politely opened a ticked and asked for a refund, explaining a few of my issues. 2 days later I got an answer saying that my money will be refunded to my credit card in a few business day.

So, if you are like me, disappointed about D3. If, after not even one month, you dont even log in anymore. If you think that spending more time on the AH than in-game is stupid. If you think d3 is just a hollow shell of what it could have been... Just ask for a refund. Its easy, and it works. Open a ticket and be polite.

If you do it today I'm pretty sure you can still get it refunded. The policy is 30 days, so tomorow it will probably be too late.

Comments

• FargolFargol Member UncommonPosts: 303
    Originally posted by Silverchild

Hey guys.

Like many, I had been waiting for D3 since it was announced. I was a huge fan of D2 (played it for years) so I was very excited about D3 since day one. I followed every little bit of detail about the developpement of the game. I religiously checked the battle.net websites and fansites for updates, almost every week.

I had my doubts about some stuff, but I was sure that blizzard would still deliver a solid game. I mean, its BLIZZARD, right?

Wrong. After playing the game, I can say that my "doubts" about Jay Wilson being an imcompetent buffoon were confirmed. My doubts about the AH, about inferno, about the stupid stat system... all true.

D3 has been Jay Wilson'ed. And I have no intention of paying for that kind of crap, blizzard or not. So I politely opened a ticked and asked for a refund, explaining a few of my issues. 2 days later I got an answer saying that my money will be refunded to my credit card in a few business day.

So, if you are like me, disappointed about D3. If, after not even one month, you dont even log in anymore. If you think that spending more time on the AH than in-game is stupid. If you think d3 is just a hollow shell of what it could have been... Just ask for a refund. Its easy, and it works. Open a ticket and be polite.

If you do it today I'm pretty sure you can still get it refunded. The policy is 30 days, so tomorow it will probably be too late.

So you're so disappointed, you "only"played through three times until you decided Inferno was too difficult?

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518

Hey guys.

DO you live in the US?  I just requested a refund we will see how this goes I will update later.

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Hey guys.

I think if you are really dissatified with a product you should get a refund.

For me I have a big issue with the way the loot system works and its taken the enjoyment out of the game for me. 

there's just no identity to the gear. Every thing is random and while that wouldnt be an issue the drop rates suck so bad its stopping me from playing.

However it seems Blizzard wants to atleast adjust inferno difficulty and how drop rates work so my issue may be fixed in a few weeks.

Other stuff you personally dislike like the skill system, I don't mind. Not really too keen on rerolling ten versions of a barbarian so i can try all the good builds. 

I guess im trying to say that im not ready to throw in the towel just yet. I've put in over 150 hours into one character so imo I would feel wrong asking for a refund since I got so much out of it already.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

I've thought about getting a refund but I think the major changes players are asking for are coming. They are hoping to fix legendaries, balance prefixes and suffixes and crafting. I don't think this game is worth the full release price with all that's been happening. The hotfixes are brash and some even insulting. 

I think the key here is that there are two important points of view. People who enjoy the game despite its flaws and people who dislike the game because of the flaws. The latter group will not be able to see past the problems because they have already made a decision. 

I enjoy the game despite its flaws. These flaws annoy me as much as the next guy. I raged a little at the ninja monk nerf. I am not an advocate of the AH though it beats the hell out of making trade games. Server downtime is...mind boggling. Despite all the bad things that make the game unplayable I like going with a few friends and smashing some monsters and comparing loot.

What's important to me is that updates and fixes are coming. Will the fixes work? Can't say just yet.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• uncleFesteruncleFester Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by Magnetia

I've thought about getting a refund but I think the major changes players are asking for are coming. They are hoping to fix legendaries, balance prefixes and suffixes and crafting. I don't think this game is worth the full release price with all that's been happening. The hotfixes are brash and some even insulting. 

I think the key here is that there are two important points of view. People who enjoy the game despite its flaws and people who dislike the game because of the flaws. The latter group will not be able to see past the problems because they have already made a decision. 

I enjoy the game despite its flaws. These flaws annoy me as much as the next guy. I raged a little at the ninja monk nerf. I am not an advocate of the AH though it beats the hell out of making trade games. Server downtime is...mind boggling. Despite all the bad things that make the game unplayable I like going with a few friends and smashing some monsters and comparing loot.

What's important to me is that updates and fixes are coming. Will the fixes work? Can't say just yet.

What difference does it make that updates and fixes are, "coming?" How many times can you do the exact same thing over and over again for the most uselessly random loot in game history? The game you paid for and are playing RIGHT NOW is a complete joke. Blizzard put 75% WoW and 25% Diablo into the rushed piece of sh1t (how can a game in development for 6 years be so rushed?) they are calling Diablo 3, and if that's not what you wanted you without a doubt deserve a refund. 

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Congrats my friend.  You have just been Actiblitzed!

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

Originally posted by uncleFester

What difference does it make that updates and fixes are, "coming?" How many times can you do the exact same thing over and over again for the most uselessly random loot in game history? The game you paid for and are playing RIGHT NOW is a complete joke. Blizzard put 75% WoW and 25% Diablo into the rushed piece of sh1t (how can a game in development for 6 years be so rushed?) they are calling Diablo 3, and if that's not what you wanted you without a doubt deserve a refund. 

I agree. The game now IS a complete joke. The thing is I've had other full priced games with fans demanding features like dedicated servers for space marine. Space marine never got dedicated servers (to my knowledge) and for me not fixing this glaring problem was too much. They had the nerve to release 4man DLC killing waves of orcs before fixing the most glaring error in the multiplayer. Player hosted games just didn't work on that scale. I loved the multiplayer so so so so much in Space Marine but the lag killed it for me. In that scenario the changes fans demanded never came and THAT to me is far worse than trying to fix the game post release. 

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

Originally posted by Souldrainer

Congrats my friend.  You have just been Actiblitzed!

Played WoW for 3 years into the first update of Cata, quit after dailies grinded my soul away. 

I know it all too well. At least I'm not paying a sub this time. It's not fair to Blizzard to compare D3 with GW2. GW2 is so much more entertaining for the price at the moment XD

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

I got a refund the weekend before last.  I was just disappointed with the game for various reasons.  I had put in a ticket orginally online but was told I needed to call the 800 number.  Took about four days of trying after work and finally got through on Sat morning after being on hold for almost two hours. 

I figured if I ever get the itch to play again I can always just buy it again.  The rep on the phone said that is fine. 

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

It seems immoral to me to play a game for a month and then have it refunded. 1 week or so should be tops.

Heck, most single player games I buy even ones I like only last me 3 weeks.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    [mod edit]
  • WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

I unfortunately only got about 15 hours in during my 2.5 weeks of the game (and as you can see by Steam link below, I play more than that per week).  I was unlucky and had a lot problems, mainly of the technical nature and just got tired of it.  I tried and tried but finally I gave up.  I give Blizzard some respect for even giving me one.  Hell I may even buy it again at some point...maybe.

150 hours is getting your money's worth imo however.

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

This cant be a serious post. lol

Gives me an idea though. next time at a restaurant, i'm gonna order steak and lobster. then eat every bite....then call the manager over and tell him i want a refund...when he asks why i ate it all, i'll tell him " you advertised that your food was delicious. i didnt think it was. i tried to like it, thats why i ate it all just to be sure"

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

If you got to inferno, you were not dissappointed. Stop fooling yourself.

• nikoliathnikoliath Member UncommonPosts: 1,154
    [mod edit]
  • wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

Blizzard's new marketing tactic...

"We're so sure that you're going to like our new game, that after 3 months you arent thoroughly enjoying it,  we'll double your money back!"

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Are you American? Just asking because I can't check on my phone.

I'm happy you're happy with your refund.
    I on the other hand would feel so shitty for getting over 150 hours of entertainment (from anything) for a couple of bucks and *still* demand a refund...
    I would (and have) sent in a letter stating my disappointment.

I loved Skyrim to bits and I've probably clocked in close to 100 hours total a while back.
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Wouldn't feel bad in the slightest because 1: Blizz is crying all the way to the bank with all the fools who paid for this and 2: it's more immoral to release an unfinished title with such an IP attracting so many customers and then completely missing the mark of even the previous game's replayability factor. 

I'd ask for a refund too. image

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    [mod edit]
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919

I am going to try because my issue is that the game is constantly freezing and BSODing .I hope I get a refund. Just submitted a ticket.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

The OP played the game for almost 1 month and then requested refund. Do you even know how ridiculous this sounds? Most games don't even last HALF a month. You really should be ashamed of yourself. Blizzard are very generous for giving you a refund even though you played through the whole game.

In this case you have shown how ridiculous the demands of some players can be. The problem with some companies is that they actually LISTEN to their players. Blizzard should never have listened to their players. E.g. they scrapped skill trees because of their player base.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

No need for me to get a refund. I earned all my cash back in the RMTAH the first day it went live.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by wrightstuf

Gives me an idea though. next time at a restaurant, i'm gonna order steak and lobster. then eat every bite....then call the manager over and tell him i want a refund...when he asks why i ate it all, i'll tell him " you advertised that your food was delicious. i didnt think it was. i tried to like it, thats why i ate it all just to be sure"

Thats basically exactly what i was thinking..

I am pretty sure the OP would have known he didnt like the game after the 1st day of playing... hell it took me the beta weekend to realise i didnt want to buy D3 as I found POE 100x better..

To wait nearly 30 days and then go yeah actually i want my money back because i didnt like it is a bit silly.. your probally completed numerous times with different characters in the time..

I really think with refunds of this nature there needs to be a technical reason for the re-fund..

but im sure blizzard dont care about handing out a few as they have sold millions LOL..

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Lol 150 hours refund. :)

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Originally posted by Caldrin
    Originally posted by wrightstuf

Thats basically exactly what i was thinking..

I am pretty sure the OP would have known he didnt like the game after the 1st day of playing... hell it took me the beta weekend to realise i didnt want to buy D3 as I found POE 100x better..

To wait nearly 30 days and then go yeah actually i want my money back because i didnt like it is a bit silly.. your probally completed numerous times with different characters in the time..

I really think with refunds of this nature there needs to be a technical reason for the re-fund..

but im sure blizzard dont care about handing out a few as they have sold millions LOL..

I do agree with you on most of what you said, but how do you know if he was playing the game 8-10 hours per day in a month? Some people ( Like myself ) work long hours and only get to play afew hours a day maybe 1-2 hours tops sometimes that in afew days, so some people like that can get a refund plain and simple that I agree with, but if he's playing the game 24/7, and now wants a refund , yeah I agree thats a jerkish move to do for sure,it's the same with people who get beta keys into games that they have zero intention of buying but just want to be destructive and flame the forums same shit different shovel.

But for the guy above you, you can't compare eating at a restuarant and playing a video game because where I live if you eat the entire meal you have to pay regardless and if you don't better A: Get in the back and wash dishes or B: The cops will pay you a visit LOL

Either way, this guy could be lying or just wanted to play the game for free. Like myself, some things of D3 I am not happy about, from my previous post, I was upset about the high prices on the AH now they seemed to have been alot better of late, but I can't see myself logging back in till they correct the drop rates ect, 250 hours of D3 farming along side years of D1 and D2, I am just tired LOL but I will not ask for a refund because I still enjoy the game time to time.