Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: City of the Sun God - Egypt

Comments

• SaxonbladeSaxonblade Member Posts: 275

Found this link with 3d renditions of what Armana would have looked like, pretty awesome for you history/archaeology buffs

http://www.amarna3d.com/

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

until combat and animations are greatly improved, im not touching this game with a stick.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

Even though I have been a little hard on this game so far after playing the beta weekends, I am really hoping it shakes out.  Guild Wars 2 is a safe bet of what I would consider a very enhanced themepark game, but this one has a lot of potential to be so much more and such a great deviation from the standard and tired fantasy setting.  If this game comes out of the gate cleanly, it stands a lot more chance of winning me over this year.

GW2 I consider to be a sure-thing.  It will be a niced polished game.  TSW is the game I really want to play.  If it works.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I'm buying both. Finally 2 big budget games that aren't the sane bloody fame everyone's being playing for the last 8 years. Then Theres planetside 2 after. I guess big budget mmos that do something different are like buses.
  • FredomSekerZFredomSekerZ Member Posts: 1,156
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Can't say anymore freedom, just sticking to official announced stuff / dev posts on open forums.

Ok, thanks.

• MachinationMachination Member UncommonPosts: 70

Very enticing. Now, have to double check that bag for the special sunscreen . . .

• werewoodwerewood Member Posts: 76

I will get into my first BWE tomorrow, with mixed feelings. But I do intend to give it a fair try! The media and fellow players raised a lot of doubt. I will judge it on my own.

http://werewood.wordpress.com/

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Apparently Funcom revamped the combat and animations. Can't wait to see what they came up with. The poor combat, character models and animations were really holding this game back. There are other issues, of course, but the ones I listed were the most worrying ones.

• BlackbrrdBlackbrrd Member Posts: 811

TSW is probably one of the less grindy games out there. It has investigation and sabotage quests that barely involve combat. The investigation quest reminds you of something you can meet in an adventure game, while the sabotage quests reminds me a little of platform jumpers. The main quest is a investigation quest light with mostly easy puzzles and such. The story is really good and the quests really varied in their presentation.

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258
    Originally posted by Soandsoso

And throw in the fact that much of the lore can be interpreted a few ways leaves the door open to take it in a few directions.......

I hope that they include content involving Gobekli Tepe

Thanks for the link mate. The fact that they left out mesopotamia and anatolia in a game that feeds from myths and historical cultures is a HUGE oversight to me. The areas they are launching with are cool and all but they got nothing on incredibly rich mesopotomia and anatolia.

• SoandsosoSoandsoso Member Posts: 533
    Originally posted by black_isle
    Originally posted by Soandsoso

And throw in the fact that much of the lore can be interpreted a few ways leaves the door open to take it in a few directions.......

I hope that they include content involving Gobekli Tepe

Thanks for the link mate. The fact that they left out mesopotamia and anatolia in a game that feeds from myths and historical cultures is a HUGE oversight to me. The areas they are launching with are cool and all but they got nothing on incredibly rich mesopotomia and anatolia.

I am going to put those in the future content section. I totally fell in love with that video when my friend showed me. I want to know more......wonder if I could go there if I went to Turkey.

Anyone have a spare flak-jacket?

• anthonypenaanthonypena Member Posts: 131

ZOMG! i love this theme its epic funcom always makes  amazing enviroments!!! please dont fuck up this game

• KupocygirlKupocygirl Member Posts: 3

Great EA another way to make it seem that the New World Order is just BS coz it's in a game. *sigh* what a great way 2 disinform the masses :(

• cutthecrapcutthecrap Member Posts: 600
    Originally posted by Kupocygirl

Great EA another way to make it seem that the New World Order is just BS coz it's in a game. *sigh* what a great way 2 disinform the masses :(

It's a conspiracy!

• CandombleCandomble Member UncommonPosts: 164
    Originally posted by DarkDemon69
    Originally posted by heartless

Apparently Funcom revamped the combat and animations. Can't wait to see what they came up with. The poor combat, character models and animations were really holding this game back. There are other issues, of course, but the ones I listed were the most worrying ones.

No they didnt, its the same animations as before 3-4 unique aninations for 70 skills.

Funny...

I read comments from 2 different CB testers, in 2 different websites, claiming that some new animations were added, mostly in 2 weapon types, and that the overall combat look and feel was completed with effects that made it more vibrant.

• cooper85cooper85 Member Posts: 386
    Originally posted by Candomble
    Originally posted by DarkDemon69
    Originally posted by heartless

No they didnt, its the same animations as before 3-4 unique aninations for 70 skills.

Funny...

I read comments from 2 different CB testers, in 2 different websites, claiming that some new animations were added, mostly in 2 weapon types, and that the overall combat look and feel was completed with effects that made it more vibrant.

There is damn near an idependent animation for every ability. Like 90% of them...

• FonclFoncl Member UncommonPosts: 347

I've hardly followed TSW at all but from the little footage I've seen it seems to me like it would make a good singleplayer or coop game. I have my doubts about it being interesting long-term for me as an MMO, I'll try it this weekend since it does seem interesting.

It annoys me that many companies make MMO's out of games that aren't really suited as one, just because they can get away with a monthly fee and/or cash shop in MMO's. SWTOR is a good recent example, they should just have made another KOTOR instead of WoW in space since they didn't have anything interesting to bring to the MMO genre :/

Originally posted by werewood

I will get into my first BWE tomorrow, with mixed feelings. But I do intend to give it a fair try! The media and fellow players raised a lot of doubt. I will judge it on my own.

http://werewood.wordpress.com/

that link is to like a GW2 site about GW2...

Originally posted by Foncl

I've hardly followed TSW at all but from the little footage I've seen it seems to me like it would make a good singleplayer or coop game. I have my doubts about it being interesting long-term for me as an MMO, I'll try it this weekend since it does seem interesting.

It annoys me that many companies make MMO's out of games that aren't really suited as one, just because they can get away with a monthly fee and/or cash shop in MMO's. SWTOR is a good recent example, they should just have made another KOTOR instead of WoW in space since they didn't have anything interesting to bring to the MMO genre :/

Yeah this is not the case with TSW.

It's not produced by ea, its produced by funcom. Ea are box disto in usa and online digital sales partner
  • SaxonbladeSaxonblade Member Posts: 275
    Originally posted by ZigZags

[mod edit]

Trying it out in beta cost nothing but a bit of your time, I to thought AoC was pretty bad initially (well 2 years) but I am willing to try out TSW as the whole concept behind it intrigues me. If I do not like it after my 4 beta weekends no harm done, and I save myself some money by not purchasing it.

It's easy to think tsw will be like swtor but horror themes, what with it having such a strong story element but its not its an actual mmo, a very different one to your wow norm mmos.

Although first 30 mins with all the clips and instancing I do think "oh shit swtor again"

• zyklonianzyklonian Member UncommonPosts: 51

have they made the character animations look better in this game yet.  great concept, just the animations look like grand theft auto

I only liked Aoc for a month or two, didn't like it at launch, buggy as hell. Gave it another try 9month later enjoyed it then. Then 2 month later they changed the guy in charge, it got less buggy, but it became a wow clone / raid treadmill.

I wasn't expecting to like tsw.
    Try the beta zyk, no one can tell you.