Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Elder Scrolls Online: Zeni Max Releases New Trailer for E3

12346»

Comments

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489
    Originally posted by PyrateLV
    Originally posted by marganculos

does it have TAB targeting?

Yes, TAB targeting, Levels, Classes, fixed Faction depending on Racial choice, only 3rd person view.

All the great things you know and love from your favorite MMOs

But nothing good from an Elder Scrolls game. So it's really sad to see it in this state.

I'm still praying for a scrap.

a yo ho ho

• falc0nfalc0n Member UncommonPosts: 385

Originally posted by xr00t3dx
    Originally posted by Istavaan Originally posted by falc0n What slampig said....the game was just barely announced too so them showing this at E3 is nothing to cry about. UFC didn't show any gameplay either but I bet its going to be amazing.
    ufc has not been in development for 5 years.

The fact that he would need that pointed out to him tells you everything you need to know. Not to mention pointing it out will have no bearing on his future methods used to form such opinions.

Whatever, the fact is if they didnt show us the CG trailer at E3 you wouldnt even be crying about them not showing a gameplay trailer. Maybe I should just say quit crying period. There is plenty of games that are released that you could have fun with. Gameplay footage WILL come before they make you buy it dont worry. Another thing! While UFC hasnt been in development for 5 years i bet it still comes out before ESO so you have no point.

Originally posted by Chrisbox
    I really have to hand it to the "sandbox is the future" fanboys who have achieved their degrading of this entire forum goal with simple-minded statements on every MMO that gets announced.  Lets take a look at what zenimax has said vs. what the haters have said vs. what a veteran MMO player has said (myself). Zenimax: says will have three factions Haters say its nothing new Me: Its about damn time we saw this come back, getting tired of the whole good vs evil vibe (and I understand some MMO's lore demands it)  Zenimax says will have public dungeons Haters say nothing new again, and the same generic themepark concept is being repeated Me: Again, tired of the Instanced BS, if it encourages social interaction and open world content I cant see why someone wouldn't be happy for it  Zenimax says will have 3 faction open world pvp Haters say its still not going to be special because its a themepark game Me: one word:YES, as a pvp player especially looking forward to this, and once again- taking out the instanced BS, and encouraging social interaction  Zenimax says ESO will not have traditional ES elements such as first person combat etc Haters say: Man this is pathetic, they are turning the elder scrolls franchise into a WoW clone Me: Well no kidding, this shouldn't suprise anyone who's ever played an MMO and im quite suprised it does.  If you want that type of game there will be the single player RPG Elder scrolls for it, they are bringing it into the Themepark MMO space and thats something one would expect when doing so.   Rage on gentlemen, rage on.

+1 well said, I dont know why I even read the comments anymore over half the people who post here aka haters shouldnt even play mmos because those of us who enjoy them and have for over ten hres have to hear crying everytime some announcement shows up

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by Kaisen_Dexx

The greatest problem facing this game is the use of the Elder Scrolls IP. The features in the game would be pretty good for a standard mmo (public dungeons, 3 faction RvR, etc.). The issue arises when compared to the traditional theme of the Elder Scrolls games (at least since Morrowind. I've not played the earlier games), which is freedom. As evident by the initial scenes in Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim, where you are initially a prisoner, then next you are free to choose who and what you want to be, and finally you escape and now you're free to do whatever you want to do.

ESO appears to remove many of these core themes of freedom (preset classes, defined racial adversity, etc.), and I think that clashes quite severly with the players' perspective of The Elder Scrolls. Its such a strong clash that it might actually cause the game to crash and burn. Which is kind of disheartening, because, like others have said, years ago those features would have been a godsend.

Unfortunately, these trailers do nothing to mitigate those issues to the fanbase. Instead of focusing on where the game meets traditional themes of the series, and how the new mechanics improve upon the experience, they threw out an exceptionally vague CGI trailer. Merely watching it, I would have had absolutely no clue this was Elder Scrolls game (the high elfs ears...), except for the logo.

How is using Elder Scrolls IP a problem? The features they are talking about so far, nothing is even set in stone yet, are good for any MMO not just the standard.

Its not being compared to the traditional ES games, have you read what the game is about? Its The Elder Scrolls Online, not Skyrim online, Marrowind Online etc.

You can choose what race, faction and skill set when you create your character. You can also roll a different character if you like you still have freedom, its just not all in one character. Your argument is very small with what you are saying here also AGAIN for those that keep looking at this one trailer, you need to do this thing that is really hard I know for most of you,  you can research this game a bit more and watch the other trailers they have put out with a fly through of some parts of each of the realms and a couple dungeons, if you stopped to think or actually research it before rage posting you might have seen that this OP has only linked the one CGI trailer. 

How would an MMORPG with 3 faction PvP work if you didnt have to choose which side you were going to be on at the beginning?

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    Originally posted by QSatu

If they want to hype the game they should make better trailers. That was incredibly weak.

Agree with u there. sigh

hopefully they won't hype they'll take Arenanets approach and be factual and transparent about the whole thing.

Agreed. I mean, seriously, there's so many gameplay footage of gw2 that it feels like I've played it for 2 years now, not just 48 hours lol

BTW that was just day 1 of E3 You will get gameplay footage before E3 is done. Patience people, i mean babies.

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794
    Originally posted by QSatu

If they want to hype the game they should make better trailers. That was incredibly weak.

would you rather they over dramatize it and get everyone heart beating and TRY and over hype it with a CGI trailer. I thought it was Pretty damn good, not jaw dropping or ZOMG! but Well Done,leaves something to the imagination.

• goemoegoemoe Member UncommonPosts: 272

This trailer is an utter waste of time an money.

• illutianillutian Member UncommonPosts: 343

Sadly, if I can't mod out the textures (and have everyone see them) I really don't care to much about a "MMO" TES. Co-op (ie Left 4 Dead style) would be better....

But with all those sweet armor retexts over at Nexus how can Beth hope to come up with anything "cool".

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

• wgc01wgc01 Member UncommonPosts: 241
    Originally posted by PyrateLV

Here, let me just create some future newsfeed titles for ya

The Elder Scrolls Online: Zeni Max delcares major subscription dropoff

The Elder Scrolls Online: Zeni Max announces massive layoffs

The Elder Scrolls Online: Zeni Max takes TESO F2P

Sad thing this is most likey the fate of all most all new mmo's, if TESO is just another wow play model it will fall short, since it seems like allot of people are growing tired of the same ole game play over and over in a new skin, But not much is known here, maybe they went a different route maybe not, time will tell.. I have no expections for any new game any longer, been playing mmo's for 14+ years now, and when you strip them back to the core game, all I see is just another versions of eq../sigh

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

My main problem with this game is I was expecting The Elder Scrolls Online and not DAOC 2 with an Elder Scrolls paint job. The game sounds like it has some great ideas but it will never be TES with the core mechanics they have planned. I may still try it but I seriously doubt I'll play for very long. Having predefined classes, a hot bar and tab targeting in a TES game is just depressing to say the least.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• HordedogHordedog Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Originally posted by odinsrath

this is a better trailer / look at the game if no1 has seen it

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-the-elder/731254

alot of people are up in arms about the comment he made about 200 player in a epic battle...imo he was referring to the pvp world / zone with the 3 factions ..not only 200 people online at 1 time...thats just silly to think that their servers can only hold 200 people

IMO it looks like vinilla wow ..wich was good..with 3 factions..wich is great..with 3 faction pvp..wich is awsome..not on "rails" as like many mmo's ...the way it looks NOW id pay 15$ for it..but if they start lowering the bar instead of raiseing it..like most mmo's ..im out

now lets just hope they stay true to what they are saying....cuz we all saw what TSW ended up like...alot of broken promises

For one thing, vanilla WoW launched with 2 player factions. Not 3. DAoC was the 1st mmo to have 3 player factions as well as 3 faction PvP. WoW was still in development when I was engaging in 3 faction keep seiges in DAoC. 

And do you mean SWTOR instead of TSW? Because while SWTOR definitely didn't deliver on many of it's "promises", it's really hard to say "cuz we all saw what TSW ended up like...alot of broken promises" when TSW hasn't yet released. 

When a developer tells us what features they intend to impliment in their game, and how they intend a game to be, they aren't promising us anything. They are merely informing us of thier intent and their vision for the game.

Anyone with any experience with mmos should be well aware that during development things change or get dropped altogether. Sometimes what the developer wanted to do just isn't feasable so they have to alter or abandon it. Saying they broke their promise when they have to do so, is fairly naive and quite silly.

• reanorreanor Member UncommonPosts: 441

What do you guys expect game is not even in Alpha yet...

• reanorreanor Member UncommonPosts: 441

Also, YOU ARE ALL SO CRACKING DEMANDING! Game is not even in Alpha stage yet and you already expect them to release every CGI they have ever planned, give you all the information about classes, fix all the character models, and give each of you a freaking lollipop. [mod edit]

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by Fearum
    Originally posted by Kaisen_Dexx The greatest problem facing this game is the use of the Elder Scrolls IP. The features in the game would be pretty good for a standard mmo (public dungeons, 3 faction RvR, etc.). The issue arises when compared to the traditional theme of the Elder Scrolls games (at least since Morrowind. I've not played the earlier games), which is freedom. As evident by the initial scenes in Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim, where you are initially a prisoner, then next you are free to choose who and what you want to be, and finally you escape and now you're free to do whatever you want to do. ESO appears to remove many of these core themes of freedom (preset classes, defined racial adversity, etc.), and I think that clashes quite severly with the players' perspective of The Elder Scrolls. Its such a strong clash that it might actually cause the game to crash and burn. Which is kind of disheartening, because, like others have said, years ago those features would have been a godsend. Unfortunately, these trailers do nothing to mitigate those issues to the fanbase. Instead of focusing on where the game meets traditional themes of the series, and how the new mechanics improve upon the experience, they threw out an exceptionally vague CGI trailer. Merely watching it, I would have had absolutely no clue this was Elder Scrolls game (the high elfs ears...), except for the logo.
    How is using Elder Scrolls IP a problem? The features they are talking about so far, nothing is even set in stone yet, are good for any MMO not just the standard.

Its not being compared to the traditional ES games, have you read what the game is about? Its The Elder Scrolls Online, not Skyrim online, Marrowind Online etc.

You can choose what race, faction and skill set when you create your character. You can also roll a different character if you like you still have freedom, its just not all in one character. Your argument is very small with what you are saying here also AGAIN for those that keep looking at this one trailer, you need to do this thing that is really hard I know for most of you,  you can research this game a bit more and watch the other trailers they have put out with a fly through of some parts of each of the realms and a couple dungeons, if you stopped to think or actually research it before rage posting you might have seen that this OP has only linked the one CGI trailer. 

How would an MMORPG with 3 faction PvP work if you didnt have to choose which side you were going to be on at the beginning?

It is Elder Scrolls Online and yet, it lacks the features that would make it a part of the Elder Scrolls series.

Its The Elder Scrolls Online, not Skyrim online, Marrowind Online etc.

It is Elder Scrolls Online and yet, it lacks the features that would make it a part of the Elder Scrolls series.

Exactly

Whats funny is Daggerfall,Morrowind,Oblivion and Skyrim have all evolved since the release of Arena,Mechanic wise.

Arena even had STATS like Str,Agi,Will,Int,Spd,End,Per,Luck,etc. So to say that it lacks the features that would make it part of the Elder Scrolls series is false...imo.

So far they are TALKING about a lot of features like, hub-less questing,insentive to explore so on and so forth.And WE all know that a lot is said about MMOs in pre production,and not to hold OUR breath til, the game is almost out or there is A LOT more info on it.

I'll be honest im personally excited for the game,but as to if it will be any good, I have NO F'N clue :^)

PS:  I followed SWTOR for 2years,and that game was a blast....til end level. Thats where a lot of games are falling short IMO,so if TESO does good on that end the rest should fall into place.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by zaylin

Its The Elder Scrolls Online, not Skyrim online, Marrowind Online etc.

Exactly

Whats funny is Daggerfall,Morrowind,Oblivion and Skyrim have all evolved since the release of Arena,Mechanic wise.

Arena even had STATS like Str,Agi,Will,Int,Spd,End,Per,Luck,etc. So to say that it lacks the features that would make it part of the Elder Scrolls series is false...imo.

Yes the mechanics of the ES games evoleved over time, but the core essense of ES remain. The open world, go where you want, do what you want. Follow and make your own path.

So far they are TALKING about a lot of features like, hub-less questing,insentive to explore so on and so forth.And WE all know that a lot is said about MMOs in pre production,and not to hold OUR breath til, the game is almost out or there is A LOT more info on it.

Hubless questing just means there wont be a bunch of  NPC villages with NPC standing around giving quests. You will have to go "exploring" which will most likely mean going 20ft down the road to some guy that will give you a quest to save his dog from wild boars. When you complete that quest he will tell you of some lady in a house up the road aways that needed some help. Something about rats..." Dynamic!

No not holding my breath

I'll be honest im personally excited for the game,but as to if it will be any good, I have NO F'N clue :^)

PS:  I followed SWTOR for 2years,and that game was a blast....til end level. Thats where a lot of games are falling short IMO,so if TESO does good on that end the rest should fall into place.

Well you liked SWTOR 1-50 so yeah I can see why you are excited about TESO. Its looking to be much the same game 1-max. Just instead of Star Wars its Elders Scrolls

Will end-game be any good? Speculative.

My guess? Heroic Dailies, Epic Battlegrounds and everyones favorite, the open world battle for Ilum..errp..I mean Cyrodiil.

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

Well you liked SWTOR 1-50 so yeah I can see why you are excited about TESO. Its looking to be much the same game 1-max. Just instead of Star Wars its Elders Scrolls

Me liking SWTOR,actually has nothing to do with me liking TESO. I like TES's Uni/Lore. Honestly MMOs with no story or emphasis on it, are getting boring to me..personal prefrence though :^)

The biggest thing killing or ruining MMOs for the most part is the fast ass leveling,and then no decent end game,imo.