Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark Age of Camelot: Wayback Wednesday with DAOC

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Grakulen scored another opportunity to play and chat with the Dark Age of Camelot team during last week's Wayback Wednesday. We've got the full write up and the video to show off what they did during the event. Check it out!

Last week on Wayback Wednesday we once again adventured into Dark Age of Camelot. On this episode I was joined by Kai Schober, John Thornhill, and Talal Saad. Kai is the community manager for DAoC and played Staern an Eldritch, Talal is a developer for DAoC and played Eldarii a Warden, and John, who is also a developer for DAoC, played Kerllean our Bard. DAoC is set shortly after the death of King Arthur and in this game his kingdom has shattered into three warring factions. While DAoC does have interesting Player versus Environment (PvE) mechanics the primary focus has always been the Realm versus Realm (RvR) warfare. This conflict pits the forces of Albion, Hibernia, and Midgard against each other for dominance of the realm. The Albion are based on Arthurian legend and most closely resemble English lore, the Hibernians are rooted in Celtic lore, and the Midgard represent Norse mythology.

Read more of Rob Lashley's Dark Age of Camelot: Wayback Wednesday with Devs #2.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395

I miss this game.

• SaydienSaydien Member Posts: 266

Whenever I read news about DAoC I remember all the fond memories and hope for any news about a potential successor or even just a relaunch of the updated and modified core game. Although I by now am quite certain that this will never happen I still will never fully drop that hope.

Compared to this game GW2 in my eyes still can go figure.

• Kram59Kram59 Member Posts: 153

Having played most online games, I miss this one the most. My best computer game memories are of Dark Age of Camlot. I personally think those days are gone forever. Back in the day, people acually became real life friends and the interaction was much more in depth. I'm glad I got in the ground floor with Meridian59 and then EQ.

As always, game till you bleed...

King of the world

• 43%burnt43%burnt Member UncommonPosts: 162

I miss the skirmishes and DF.

The grindy PvE, the abysmal UI, the zone crashes during prime time relic raids, all those fucking HINGES I crafted.....not so much.

(Quit shortly before player housing, didn't like anything about ToA)

• mbolmembolme Member Posts: 48

My best computer game memories are also from DAoC. I miss DF the most.

I do remember the hinges. :P

ToA will live in infamy.

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
  • SarcanSarcan Writer / StreamerMember UncommonPosts: 35

I played DAOC for over 4 years, no game has held me that long since. I do miss so many things from those days. Thanks for the trip down nostagic memory lane Grak.

@Sarcan

You are very welcome.  You can reactivate your account and get 10 days free to check it out.  Do this at the beginning of next month and come RvR with us in the New Frontiers.

• SarcanSarcan Writer / StreamerMember UncommonPosts: 35

very tempting, but as Mid, I might feel bad if I kept putting your face in the dirt, ok maybe not to bad lol... 

I welcome the competition.  Bring it!

• RinkieRinkie Member Posts: 19

I wish these people would STOP the cheaters with the RADAR programs etc...